Two Part Harmony

Past

8 years ago

I come into my room and find Ryan reading my lyrics book. I have never shown anyone the songs I have written and I told him to strictly stay away from that notebook. I disappear for a minute and his hands are all over it. I grabbed it out of his hands. “I told you not to read this.” I yelled at him.

“When you tell me not to do something it makes me want to do it.” He said trying to be funny, but I was mad. Once he realized I wasn’t laughing he grabbed me and kissed me on the lips. “I’m sorry, but there is nothing to be embarrassed about because you are an amazing writer. You should sing one of these at the Coffee House instead of another cover song.”

“Okay which one should I sing?” He smiled at the fact that I was ready to share my own work.

“The one talking about your dad because the songs that have to do with real life experiences are your best. There were only two, but they are much better than all the other cheesy pop songs you have written.”

“You know one of the songs is about you.”

“Yeah, if they ask for an encore you should sing that one.”

“You really think I will get an encore.” I haven’t gotten an encore since the first day I performed.

“With your talent and cute bubbly personality anything is possible.”