Two Part Harmony

Past

8 years ago

“You’re just jealous because I am a better musician than you are.” I yelled at Ryan.

“You think you’re better than me please you are a whole level below me.” He threw an insult right back in my face.

“See that is your problem you have to be better than me.”

“God, you always turned the littlest things into the most dramatic scenes.”

“Are you calling me a drama queen?”
“More like a drama bitch.”

“Ass hole!” I shouted before he left and slammed the door behind him.

It was our first fight and I hated it. Once he left I couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. I didn’t think we were over, but it felt like we were. I was upset with myself for causing the scene and now I didn’t know what to do.

When night rolled around it was raining like crazy outside. There was even some thunder and lightning. I hated nights like these because I have trouble sleeping. As I was lying in bed watching TV trying to sleep I heard a noise coming from my balcony. I opened my curtains completely terrified and standing there was Ryan. I let him in then passionately kiss him not even caring that he was drenched.

“I’m sorry, let’s never fight again.” He said and I nodded my head. I grabbed him some of my brother’s clothes for him to change into. He then cuddled with me in bed and before I knew it I was able to fall asleep in his warm arms.