Sequel: On Your Side
Status: DONE!

If Only They Knew

Chapter One.

Jess and I had been out shopping all day, she had a million and one bags, I had 2. We stepped through my front door, dropping our bags as we made our way to the kitchen.

“Girls!” my mom grinned as we sat down at the breakfast bar “good news, cookies straight from the oven!” she said a little too excited as she placed a plate in front of us.

“Sweet! Thanks Mrs. R!” Jess replied before taking a bite, I also took one, my mom was an amazing baker, she never bought cookies or cakes from the store, strictly homemade.

“Best batch yet!” Jess said, spraying us with crumbs. I sighed, playfully wiping the crumbs from my arm then wiping it down her sweater “you’re so lucky I love you, Blue” in return she chewed up some cookie then stuck her tongue out at me.

“you girls are ridiculous.” mom chuckled before taking a seat opposite me “so Sarah, Gran has her annual family barbeque coming up.”

I groaned, resting my head on the table “usual request?”

“Of course. BUT, don’t you worry your pretty little head, I’ve got you covered.”

I lifted my head and raised and eyebrow at my mom “go on?”

she grinned “one of the girls at work, has this son, he’s a year older than you but I hear he’s quite the looker.”

Jess squealed “do it! Let your mom set you up, Sarah!”

I sighed “fine, ok. I’ll met him. I guess we take him to Tempe and Gran can leave me alone?”

mom winked “you got it, who knows maybe my little girl will like him.”

Jess’ phone buzzed in her pocket, she slipped it out and checked the screen “oh shoot, I have to go. I’ll see you Monday?”

I nodded pulling her into a hug as my mom wrapped some cookies “as I know you love them” she said pushing them to Jess.

She grinned throwing herself at my mom “thank you, thank you, thank you, Lydia!”

mom laughed “you’re welcome, now get out my house.”

Jess hugged me again before grabbing her bags and heading for the door. “I’ll arrange for you to meet him tomorrow?” I nodded then headed upstairs with my bags.

I lay down on my bed with my laptop and called my best friend from home via Skype. After 2 rings his face appeared on my screen “I swear to god Sarah, every time we talk that hair of yours gets brighter!”

I laughed “shut up, Halvorsen.”

He smirked “how’re you?”

I nodded, “I’m good actually, Mom’s just told me my Gran’s got her barbeque coming up soon so I get to come see you!”

“you’re coming to Tempe?!” he yelled,

“yeah, Halvo, way to blow my speakers!”

He laughed again “I’m so excited! Do you know when you’ll be here?”

“not yet, you’ll be the first to know.”

“awesome. Hey, I’ve gotta run, but I’ll text you or something?”

“sure, where are you going?”

“The Maine are playing a show tonight, I promised John I’d help out with merch.”

I smiled “well have fun, tell them all I’ll see them soon.” he waved, then he was gone.

After sorting my bags out, my phone started to ring. Jess. “hello, lady!” she cooed when I answered. “hey!”

“so tell me, when are you meeting this guy?”

“um, tomorrow.”

she squealed “what are you going to wear?!”

I laughed “god, this is why I had barley any girl friends back home. I don’t know, what do you think Jess?”

she was silent for a minute “How about, your white lace dress you wore for Kaylyn’s birthday?”

“not too dressy?” I could just imagine her rolling her eyes

“wear flats.”

“if everything goes wrong, I’m blaming your choice in my clothes.”

“it’s a good job I’m always right then, isn’t it?”

I laughed “I’m going to go to bed, good night Jess.”

“Wait! One last thing, do that thing with your hair, like wavy. Bye Sarah.” she hung up before I could say anything else.

I went down and said goodnight to my mom, as I was about to climb the stairs she called out “by the way, I spoke to him. He seems lovely, he’ll pick you up for lunch.”
I gave her a quick nod then ran to my room.

----------------------------------------------

My alarm went off at 10.30 and I felt like I’d barely even slept, sighing I rolled out of bed making my way to my en suite bathroom to take a shower, tripping a few times on the way -- of course.

After a quick shower I sat down in front of my mirror and did my makeup, I went for a simple everyday look then I used salt spray and a tiny bit of mousse to make my hair wavy as recommended by Jess.

I headed downstairs to make a cup of coffee while my hair dried and before I got dressed and cleaned my teeth.

“are you excited?” Mom asked sitting next to me, pouring herself some coffee from the pot.

“I’m actually fairly nervous, Mom.” I chuckled.

She gave me a warm smile “you’ll be fine, honey.” she sipped her coffee “I love when you do your hair like this.”

At 11.30 I went back upstairs and cleaned my teeth, next I put on my dress and pulled a leather jacket on with it. I slipped my feet into my comfy nude pumps then ran back downstairs to twirl for my mom.

“you look beautiful.” she smiled proudly. Before we knew it, there was a quiet knock at the front door. Mom pulled me into a hug before pushing me forward

“have fun, sweetie.” she smiled again. I took a deep breath, then pulled the door open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, this was rushed, it's not perfect - I'm aware of that.
I wanted to get it out as soon as possible.
Chapters will get longer and I promise.