Sequel: On Your Side
Status: DONE!

If Only They Knew

Chapter Eight.

As Sarah looked up at Nick she knew something was wrong, she could tell that this time he hadn’t overreacted.

“it it true?” Nick said, anger etched across his face

She glanced back at Eric in confusion “I’m afraid you’re going to have to elaborate, Nick.”

He knelt down to her eye level, “is it true that you’re using me for this?” her flung his arms in the air showing he meant the barbecue.

Jess patted Sarah’s knee, gave her a sympathetic look then got up and left them to it.

Sarah gulped “Nick, I can explain, but can we got to my room so it’s a little more...” she looked around, many of her friend were now watching the scene unfold “private?”

He stood up straight and weaved through the people into the house. Lydia ran over “what’s going on?”

Sarah sucked in her bottom lip “your amazing plan fell though.” she ran after Nick, who was already pacing around the bedroom.

He looked over at her, his face had softened a little “is this why you didn’t tell me you were leaving?”

“Nick, I’ll be honest, that was the original plan, my mom suggested setting me up with you just to bring you here.” she sighed “but then I started getting to know you and in no way is that my intention anymore. I really like you.”

“it doesn’t fucking seem like you like me, Sarah.” he said dropping his body onto the sofa

Her eyes began to fill with tears “Nick.” was all she said, her voice breaking.

He looked up at her “why are YOU upset?”

“You’re not fucking listening to me.” she very nearly shouted.

Nick was shocked, he sat in silence so she could carry on.

Sarah wiped the tears from her face “I like you, Nick, I’m risking a friendship for you, I had my first proper kiss with you” she paused, with a slight laugh she said “I’m even thinking about not leaving for college FOR YOU.”

He almost felt guilty “Sarah,” he started

“no, listen to me, Nick. I’m thinking about giving up on my dream for you, ok? If I were pretending you’re my boyfriend, would I do that?”

he sighed “well, no but -”

“no ‘but’s,”

he stood up, walking over to the redhead “don’t not leave because of me.”

“well I don’t know what else to do, I’ve already fucked up enough.”

“you haven’t fucked up.”

“I haven’t not fucked up, we’ve argued twice in less than 24 hours.”

he smiled “I haven’t not fucked up either and I started both arguments. It‘s my fault we‘re fighting not yours.” he pushed away her bangs “I shouldn’t have believed Halvo when I’d just met him, certainly not after he forgot to tell everyone to come here.”

Sarah laughed, wiping away the last of her tears “stupid Halvo.” she smiled softly

“Now, lets forget these fights ever happened, because truth be told Miss Reynald, I really like you too and I really want us to work out.” he pressed his lips to hers, wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her in as close as possible, Sarah tangled her fingers in to the hair at the nape of his neck. Only to be interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

“Jesus fucking Christ, you guys, next time you wanna get some alone time, don’t make a scene.” Brian Dales stood in the doorway, he chuckled “I’d seen you about but hadn’t had chance to speak to you yet. My girlfriend wanted to know if you were ok so we came to find you.”

Sarah shuffled from Nick’s arm with a giggle “Everything’s fine, B Dales, we’re sorted. Now let me meet this girlfriend!”

A blonde girl moved from just behind Brian, Sarah grinned “oh my god, Chelsea!”

She wiggled her eyebrows “yes Lady, now we need to talk.”

“Wait, you guys know each other?” Brian asked

Chelsea laughed “that we do, now take Santino away please.”

As soon as the door was shut Sarah squealed “what’re you doing here?”

“well, I met Brian in Hawaii so I was here for a few weeks, hanging out then yesterday he got a call saying one of his oldest friends Gran was having a barbecue today and that they’re always amazing. So here we are.” she smiled

“you should have text me you loser! Me and Jess have been here for days.”

“hey now, texts work both ways.”

Sarah rolled her eyes, “I guess.”

Chelsea sat down on he bed “so, Nick?”

After hesitating Sarah nodded “we’ve been together for about a week now.”

“You guys looked adorable, other than when you had that argument.” she paused “does Kaylyn know?”

“Oh, she knows and she is mad.”

“It’s stupid though, she can’t tell who we can and can’t talk to.”

Sarah nodded “right, Nick’s lovely, turns out it was Harper that’s the ‘bad guy’”

Chelsea sighed “well, no surprise there.”

The girls headed back down to the garden, where just her friends were sat now plying a game of ‘Spin The Bottle’, no doubt started by John.

Jess and Eric were in the middle of the circle sharing a quick kiss when John called out to the girls “you’re not allowed to sit by boyfriends because that’s no fun. ReyRey, you can sit by me, girl who’s name I am yet to find out, you can also sit next to me.”

With a roll of her eyes, Sarah went and sat between John and Austin Gibbs, Chelsea sat the other side of him by Stephen Gomez.

“I should point out I’m not actually going to play.” Sarah said

John pouted “why not?”

“because you’re all like my family and that’s fucking incest.”

Suddenly people started standing from the circle “dude she has a point.” Garrett said making his way over to his bitch of a girlfriend, Rachael.

“Oh, Sarah! You party pooper!” John cried out

Nick appeared and wrapped his arm around her shoulder “hey you.”

she smiled back “hello.”

he kissed the tip of her nose “so I spoke to Eric.”

She widened her eyes “oh god.”

Nick chuckled “nothing bad, I promise.”

“ok, carry on.”

“well, he and a couple of the other guys, Justin and Andrew, I think are starting a band and they’re looking for a singer.”

Sarah grinned “Please tell me you said you’d be in the band?!”

“I did!” He grinned back

“Oh my god, this is exciting!”

“Yeah they said they liked the name A Rocket To The Moon, which is what I’ve been doing my own stuff as and so yeah, that’s the name.”

So, that’s how A Rocket To The Moon was born.

He pecked her lips then rested his forehead against hers “by the way, you’re going to college whether you like it or not.”
♠ ♠ ♠
fgsbekuhljtxngf so cute.

Thank you so much Stay With Me:-..... for feedback! <3