‹ Prequel: Sweet Temptations
Status: Active

Bittersweet

Twenty Six - Detached

Ava never missed the look on Miguel’s face as Fernando left the house, carrying his black duffel bag with him. Before Ava had come to the door to greet Miguel, she’d said her quick goodbyes with Fernando until he went up to his room and fetched his belongings until giving his farewells to Ava’s parents. They were still cautious with the Spaniard but they’d thanked him for at least showing himself and offering his sincere support with Ava’s pregnancy.

Lucia and Vincent shortly left the building after giving their daughter and Miguel some privacy as they knew they were going to have a serious talk. Despite the silence at the kitchen island, Ava prepared a small cup of coffee for Miguel while she sipped on her OJ.

“You look better,” he spoke first, glancing at Ava all over before his eyes lingered on her bump. “I mean from the last time I saw you.” Ava said nothing but she sent him a thankful smile and a small nod instead. “Ava,” he sighed, “Why was Fernando here? Please don’t think I’m being ignorant or jealous because I’m not. I don’t want to get into an argument either but, it’s not something I wish to see; I came here on a happy note to ask you something important.” He said.

“It’s not at all like that Miguel,” she started, rubbing her temples. “Fernando stayed for one night. He arrived the next day after the champions league final. He knew I was coming back to Italy to see my parents; he ran in on me at the match. I told him I’d be telling my mother and father about the pregnancy. He came on his own free will to support me. He wasn't forced, I didn’t ask so he had a right to be here since he’s the father and I know you don’t like that, but there’s nothing I can do about it.”

“I believe you.” He answered truthfully.

“You do?” Ava replied quickly in shock. After how much she’d hidden away from him, Ava could hardly imagine him to take her news so kindly. “Even after the things I’ve kept away from you, you accept the truth so quickly?”

“Ah,” he smiled at her, “You kept eye contact the whole time. You hardly stumbled across your words and your voice remained calm so I know you’re telling the truth.”

“O...kay.” She said before laughing in a fit of giggles. “I guess that’s settled then.”

Miguel nodded. His face turned more serious as he shuffled closer to Ava in his seat. He took her hands in his and rubbed his fingers over the back of her hands.

“It’s been a rough couple of weeks for us and I can’t help but feel we've departed away from one another. I know you never meant to hide anything away from me Ava. I understand now that you aren't so keen to open up unlike me when I’ve told you things about my past. I’m sorry if I hurt you in any way. If I can make it up to you, then I’d be honored if I could have your full support by joining me at the Euros. Although our other halves aren't allowed to be near the men during the tournament and training, it still doesn’t mean you can’t come stay nearby or come to the matches.”

“Are you serious?”

“You bet I am!” beamed Miguel, grinning widely at her. “So what do you say? Will you come with me? I’d love you there.”

Ava frowned when she remembered how Fernando had asked her to go to the Euro’s with him too and now Miguel was asking the same. She couldn't help but feel torn between the two. No matter how much she wanted to say yes to Fernando, it would be wrong to leave Miguel hanging and it would cause a lot of suspicion for the pair. Especially now since they'd just fixed things and how he appeared so excited in asking her. Ava bit her lip before finally deciding on her answer with an honest smile on her lips.

“When do I leave?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another filler, sorry! Next one begins half way through the tournament so there's not much chapters left, but there's still going to be a few surprises :)

Also, just wondering if any readers would like me to write Ava's birth? Let me know if you'd like it to be involved and I'll try to put it in. Thanks!

Comment, Subscribe, Recommend! xx