‹ Prequel: Sweet Temptations
Status: Active

Bittersweet

Five - Trial

"I don't think I can do this," Ava mumbled as she moved around in her seat. Her, Latoya and Juan all sat outside the courtroom where they were waiting to be called in. Ava had been fidgeting for the last 5 minutes but with Latoya holding her left hand, she tried to remain calm by letting out steady breaths. "I can't stop shaking." she confessed, letting out a nervous chuckle.

"Ava, I'm nervous too but everything is going to be just fine. Keep reminding yourself that. You're in a perfect position, William is the one in the wrong, not you."

"I'm not ready to see him, I can't go in there."

"Look, he can't hurt you, you're safe now. All you have to do is tell the jury what happened, say yes or no and William gets sentenced. It'll be all worth it in the end." Latoya's words relaxed Ava a little and she sent the brunette a thankful smile before glancing down to her phone. Her smile increased when she saw that she had a message from Miguel. He'd been text messaging Ava like crazy ever since she'd left Italy.

'Wishing you well for today. Good luck, Miguel x'

Since the two had met back at the cafe, Ava received many texts and calls off of Miguel that she couldn't stop the feeling that was developing in the pit of her stomach. He made her feel nervous to the point where her body would go all fuzzy inside. Latoya noticed the large grin on Ava's face and instantly became quite curious. "Why are you so happy all of a sudden?" She questioned the blonde who blushed but shrugged and shook it off as nothing.

"No reason." Ava replied, placing her phone back into her trouser pocket. "I'm just gonna get some water, be back in a minute." Ava shot up from her seat and hurried over to the water dispenser nearby. Once Ava helped herself to a cup, she filled it half full before taking a long sip. Latoya watched her every move and she knew straight away something was definitely off with her friend. Ava didn't talk much than usual and she seemed less distant. Latoya also took time to glance her over. The way her appearance had altered slightly worried the brunette. She knew she would have to confront Ava about it soon than later.

"Latoya!" Juan's voice called her back to him and when she looked up, the short Spaniard stood in front of her with his left eyebrow raised. "I know that look and it's never good in my book." Latoya sighed and took his hand in hers.

"I just get the impression Ava is hiding something." The two glanced at the young female by the water dispenser who was preoccupied with her phone before looking back to one another. Juan kneeled down and stroked Latoya's cheek.

"Maybe you're paranoid corazón. If there is something though, she will tell you, but in her own time. Ava is bound to seem a little hesitant, after all she did move to a new country. I wouldn't worry amor."

"I hate it when you're right." Latoya teased. Juan laughed back at her before pressing his lips down on to hers where together they shared a soft kiss. Juan was the first to pull away.

"And you wouldn't have me any other way, right?" A smirk set on his features.

"No I would not." Latoya giggled before pulling her man back in for another kiss. The pair were so into their own moment that they hadn't noticed another figure approach them. Only when Latoya opened her eyes and looked up, she pulled away from Juan and her face turned into shock.

"Am I interrupting something?" came another thick Spanish accent. Juan who immediately became alarmed as Latoya, stood back up and cast his eyes on to his best friend. Fernando who flashed a large smile caught the look they were both giving him making his smile vanish in to thin air.

"What are you doing here?" Latoya hissed at the tall blonde male who looked back at her with confusion.

"I'm here for the trial. I told you last week I'd be here." Fernando said. Juan glared down at Latoya who only bit her lip in worry. Obviously the brunette had let slip about the court case and Fernando had heard.

"Please tell me you didn't?"

"It might of slipped out."

"Why are you both so anxious with me being here? I thought there would be no problems."

"Oh, you have no idea." Latoya sarcastically commented which earned her another glare off Juan who silently told her to be quiet. The female huffed in annoyance and things were about to get a whole lost messier when Ava was heading back towards her friends.

"Latoya, I have so much to tell you." Ava's voice rung out throughout the hallway. "It's about this guy and his names Miguel; he is really sweet and we've been talking a lot." the blonde gushed. Ava finally looked up from her phone to her friend but instead her own eyes met a pair hazel ones. A pair that definitely weren't Latoya's. Her breath hitched in her throat as she stared at the man she hadn't seen in 4 months. His appearance looked far more different than she'd seen him months ago. His hair was more lighter and shorter. His blonde side fringe hung over his eyes. Fernando's gaze hadn't shifted as they both continued to stare at one another. Juan and Latoya could only look on in uncomfortable positions from where they were standing.

"Hello Ava."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it's short but that's why I'm updating twice. I know it's been a long time too so please don't hurt me D: hahaha, I hope you all enjoy the double update. Comments and subscribes are always appreciated. Thank you! :) xx