Teeth, Claws, Lipstick

Chapter five

Chapter five

I hurt. Everywhere and it’s no exaggeration. The pain is so intense, so burning that for a second I almost don’t open my eyes. But then they snap open and I blink rapidly. I’m in an unfamiliar room... but the walls are wooden. The room is entirely bare par the room. And a dark blurred figure. Even before I try to leap up to attack I realise there’s something oddly familiar about the shape, the muted scent.

“Hey, whoah!” He growls and a second later a hand is on either shoulder, pinning me down with ease. The pain spreading across my body making me gasp.

As my eyes focus, I begin to pick out familiar features. My eyes soon adjust to the darkened room and I realise who’s standing before me. Him, from before – not only from the forest but from the attack – he saved me.

“You saved me...” I breathe, seeing white dots across my vision.

His hands slip from me as a wolfy growl builds in his throat, a noise of frustration. “Yeah. I did.” He turns away from me to stand by a single window, staring out.

“But why?” I sit up slowly, my body protesting as I press my back against the wall. The blanket slips slightly and I realise I’m completely nude beneath the blanket. I tuck it more securely beneath my armpits, realising he’s seen me naked. Fantastic. I feel my ears burns.

He turns to me, his perfect features twisting slightly in a mixture of confusion and annoyance. “I don’t know. Why did I save you? Never get involved with another wolf’s problem. That’s what my dad always says – so why did I save you?”

I shrug my shoulder helplessly, wincing when the pain strikes me. His hands drop to his side. “Are you alright? Are you hurting?” He asks instantly.

Not used to having someone worry over me, I simply nod my head feeling speechless. In a pack, we do take care of one another – but injuries are brushed off from an early age to make us tougher.

“I’m fine. What’s your name?” He knows mine and not knowing his is awful.

“Sawyer.” He replies absently.

“Where are we?”

“A cabin. Not far from where the fight was... but far away enough that no one will follow.”

My eyes widen. “My pack...” My voice is just a croak. “What happened to them?”

He shaking his head before I can finish. “They’re fine. They won the battle... but not the war. The other pack escaped. Cowards.” He hisses the last word.

I slump slightly, relief brushing through my body, making me weak. “Thank god.... and thank you.” I smile slightly, hesitantly.

He smiles slightly and shrugs his shoulders. “It was nothing. You needed my help.”

Instantly my face is scrunched up. “I didn’t need your help. I was handling the situation fine.” I say defensively.

He laughs, begins to make his way back to me. “No you didn’t. That wolf was killing you.”

“Nu-uh! I was totally getting ready to jump up and rip him to shreds!”

He drops to his knees beside me, a smile still playing across his face, eyes alight with amusement. “Well still, he got you pretty bad.”

I bite my lip when he reaches a hand towards my face. He rests it beneath my chin and turns my face forward, away from him slightly. I comply, feeling my heart begin to race. He pauses and I wonder if he can hear it – I mean, if I pause I can hear his, slow and steady but picking up pace.

He slides his fingers down, brushing near my wound and making me wince. He continues downwards and I swallow nervously as he traces my collar bones, back and forth, back and forth.

A little shiver runs through me as my breath catches.

“You know,” He starts, his voice low and intimate. “Ever since that kiss... I’ve been dying to try it again.”

“Oh really? My voice is slightly more high-pitched than I mean it to.

“Yeah.”

He doesn’t wait for me to respond, instead he leans his body towards mine, just close enough for me to feel the heat. His lips begin at my collarbones. I tilt my head back against the wall, my breath a small struggling huff. His lips are so soft and warm that I feel myself tremble.

Then he moves up my neck, avoiding the mess of my wound and pauses at the corner of my mouth, teasing me relentlessly. Finally, unable to stop my need, my want – of him, I press my lips against his in a demanding manner.

He tastes of sweat, smoke and spice, cinnamon maybe. I feel as if I could drown in him, in the heat of his sun buried deep inside him. I crush my body against his and the odd thing is –my pain is completely gone. Whilst I’m kissing him, his warmth seems to ride over my body and rid me of the agony that my body has been through.

He’s on top of me, as lost in the kiss as I am. Neither of us seem to have any kind of control over it. It’s as if it is playing with us both, making us do it’s deed.

He digs his teeth into my lower lip, drags it out and heat spreads through me from the inside. My hands roam unheedingly over his body, taking in the shape of it, growing familiar with every hard line.

Utter perfection.

He growls low in his throat, a possessive noise – a demanding noise. “Mine.” He murmurs near my ear. “You’re mine. Tell me.”

I don’t respond, can’t. His hips press against mine, grind against me and I choke.

“Tell me.” He repeats, his voice forceful.

“I – I –“ I want to say the words. I want to give into his darkness, let him do whatever he wants to me... but then I realise how wrong all this is.

He’s a god-damn Rogue Wolf. They’re Rogue for a reason... as in their dangerous and do whatever the hell they want. Rogue... as in if you’re caught with them when their gallivanting about – you could be killed as well.

I jerk back, my heart thundering in my chest. “Get off me.” I whisper.

He smiles slightly, leans in again, all my body wants is to be against his... but my mind tells me to stop. This is just lust. It’s completely ridiculous and I need to control it.

“I said get off me.” I place my hand over his mouth, ignoring the way my pulse jumps.

He shakes his head, his face a mixture of emotions. “You weren’t complaining a minute ago.”

“Well, I’ve come to my senses since then.”

He leans down and I twist my head – which is a huge effort. His lips melt against the skin of my neck and my body arches as a small gasp releases itself from my mouth. His lips curve into a smile against my skin and I jerk back.

“Stop it. I have to go.” I growl and push him away, making him fall off the bed. He moves with his wolf reflexes and twists his body to land gracefully.

He runs a hand through his hair. “Sheesh.” He growls. “Now I remember why I don’t like girls.”

“So what? You like boys?” I grumble as I climb to my feet, my body suddenly painfully aware of every tiny scratch. Now that his body isn’t against mine, it feels strange, lonely.

“Hah, hah.” He says sarcastically, scowling at me. “You’re all too much hassle.”

“And you’re not?” I bark out a sarcastic laugh.

“I know what I am.” He shrugs and gives me a sudden wicked smile.

Feeling my insides clench, I turn and begin walking to the door.

“Where are you going?”

“Home.”

“How? You’re naked.” He says it in such a simply deliciously beautiful voice. So filled with dark promises that I feel my toes curl upwards in response.

“Shut up.” I don’t want to hear him talk to me like that; it makes my body respond in ways I don’t want it to. And you can guarantee that he can sense it with the wolfy side of his. I know I can for him and he’s that much more powerful than I am...

Suddenly he’s directly behind me, his body pressed against mine. His hands run up my arms slowly, teasing my skin. “But you love it.” He whispers, his lips below my ear.

I shiver; an entire body shiver and turn around. “I’ll change wolf and get home thank you very much. All thought out.”

I reach the door but he stops me with a single word.

“Tease.”

He says it in such a playful voice that I just can’t be that angry. But I’m angry enough. I turn around and give him my worst look.

“At least I can control myself.”

He shrugs in an uncaring manner and leans lazily against the wall. “So? I’m a wolf; wolves don’t exactly worry about keeping control, do they?”

“You’re human too. That means you should use common sense as well. It comes in handy.” I open the door and pause.

“Maybe. But I’m more wolf than human. And instincts never led me wrong before.”

“Yeah, well ‘instinct’ led me to you. Obviously it was wrong.” I mutter.

“What? Because I’m a Rogue?” He laughs.

“You’re dangerous. Bad. I shouldn’t be anywhere near you.” I don’t look at him, refuse to.

“And yet you don’t want to leave.” He sounds amused and I don’t respond because what he’s saying is true. I don’t want to go home to whatever hell my home’s become. I want to remain here – with him. “You don’t have to. You could stay here.”

I sigh and turn to him. “I’m going. Stay away from me.”

He doesn’t say anything so I turn and flee. About twenty yards from the little cabin, I drop the blanket and change. Then I head home, my thoughts continuing to return to him.