Teeth, Claws, Lipstick

Chapter seven

Chapter seven

“I hear there’s a new girl at school. Apparently she’s a total bitch.”

“Yeah, but she’s super hot – so all the guys are totally drooling over her like a pack of dogs. Sheesh.”

“Yeah well, she is like, totally stylish – did you see her Channel bag? Or the Dolce and Gambna shoes? And her hair. I liked her hair.”

“Me too! I mean, she might be a bitch – but she sure has taste!”

I ignore the rest of the conversation going on behind me. Personally, unless she’s a non-human being, I couldn’t care less about the new girl. I have absolutely no interest in her. I quicken my pace, knowing that if I don’t get to my locker soon and get all my books, I’ll be late to maths.

Algebra today, no doubt. Mr. Dawson sure does hate me.

The bell rings and I curse to myself as the halls begin to empty. I’m late already, may as well stop rushing like a nutter.

As I near the lockers, I become aware of a commotion. I hear it first, thanks to my super-hearing. Being a Werewolf sure does have some highlights!

Three girls, picking on one... just a little unfair then. As I get closer I can pick out their scents. One is completely unfamiliar, either the new girl or someone I’ve never even been close to before. The other two girls are two I know pretty alright. Their always hanging out with Whitney, the school’s pompus bitch. There’s the slightest oddity to each of their scents, something similar that I don’t quite fully understand. It’s like nothing I’ve smelled before.

The third is my best friend Jade. Oh they so picked the wrong girl to mess with.

“Let go of her.” I say simply.

The unfamiliar girl turns at me with a look of pure disbelief that two girls would stand up to her. She’s insanely gorgeous with long white blonde hair – that, might I just say, is so obviously as fake as her orange skin. Her hazel eyes narrow at me in annoyance.

The other two girls keep Jade pinned as she struggles uselessly, her tiny frame unable to do much against their much taller, stronger ones.

“I take it your the leader of this little hussy group.” I say to the fake-girl.

“You could say that, yes. I’m Courtney.”

“Well, Courtney, pretty please let her go.” I say with a smile as fake as her boobs.

She just grins, her red mouth stretching over her teeth. I start laughing when I realise some of that red is over her teeth

She glares at me furiously in confusion.

“Oh, god, do you realise you have lipstick all over your teeth?” I snigger.

She growls and raises a hand to scrub fiercely at her teeth. She turns to Jade and slaps her hard across the face.

I’m pissed off now. I walk to her, grab her and slam her against a locker. “I said let her go bitch!”

“Ok, fine!” She squeaks, her pretty eyes wide with fear. Jeez, what a baby!

I let her go and smirk when she nods at her two groupies. They both come at me and I shake my head in a dismissive manner. I check my watch suddenly. I still got time.

One tries to punch me but I catch her fist and push down on the back of her hand, forcing her whole body down to the floor. The other also swings but I dodge effortlessly, my body moving like liquid. The girl on her knees cries out in pain as I add slightly more pressure to her hand. Anymore and I could break her wrist – like a god damn twig.

Instead, I push her back, turning to kick the girl running at me from behind. My foot connects with her face and she falls back, stunned. Her nose is broken and blood is already gushing from it.

I hear the girl get to her feet a moment before she reaches for my hair. What a bitch!

“Learn to fight!” I snap as I turn and uppercut her. She stumbles back, dazed and in pain.

She tries to swing again but I move around her and she falls over her own two feet. I turn to smile sweetly as Courtney. She gives me this petrified look that’s completely hilarious.

“Run, now.” I whisper in a voice that actually, to be honest, freaks even me out a little.

She turns and bolts and a moment later, stunned and still trying to gather their bearings, they run after her. Bitches. I can still hear her voice even when they turn the corner and slow down.

“I’m going to get Hunter – she’s gonna pay for this.”

I roll my eyes over and rush over to Jade to help her up. “You alright Jadey-bear?” I ask.

“Of course I am Ra-Ra-Bear!” She gasps breathlessly, clearly not alright. There’s a nasty bruise forming across her cheek.

“Did one of those bitches punch you or something?” I gape.

“Yeah, before you showed up. Demented cows.” She grumbles, touching her face hesitantly.

“Why were they like that?” I ask curiously.

“Because that new bitch thought she could control me.” She makes a ‘pfft’ noise with her mouth and in gesture.

“Well, she won’t anymore.”

“Wait until you meet Hunter.” She sighs – and weirdly enough it sounds actually kind of dreamy.

“Who’s Hunter?” Since when did I not know all these people? I normally know everyone.

“He’s her brother. Totally psychopathic. I heard from someone that he’s a vampire.” She says knowingly.

Jade knows nothing about me being a wolf. She knows that I’m different from everyone else but I asked her not to question it and she hasn’t – although I bet it’s killing her not to.

My head snaps in her direction. Could that scent attached to them have been vampire? God, I hope not. “Vampire? Who told you that?”

“Well Claire told me, but apparently her brother told her.”

“And who told her brother?”

“Well...” she drags the word out. “Apparently her brother found out from Scott – you know, Jane’s boyfriend? And he found out from Darla, and Darla found out from some Pizza guy who apparently found out after he went round their house one night and totally saw him come to the door with a bloody mouth.”

I blink at her. “What?”

She sighs in annoyance. “You’d think you’d be able to understand me after being friends for so long.”

“Yeah, you’d think.” She thumps me on the arm and rolls her eyes.

“But yeah, I think I understood what you said.” I smirk.

“Good, because I was kinda lost there for a moment myself.” She winks.

I laugh and stretch my arm out, dropping it lazily around her shoulders. “Come on Jadey-Bear. Let’s go to Algebra.”

“Yay. Algebra’s my favourite.” She beams which is sadly true.

“Yeah, at least we get a reason for being late.” I point blatantly at her face and she laughs.

“True that. By the way? That was some serious butt-kicking Ra-Ra-Bear.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?