Sequel: Fate Misunderstood

Seize Control

010

Image


Juliette sat on the edge of the third metal bleacher, watching the lacrosse team's practice. She couldn't really explain what she was doing; she had insisted that she would not be the one to initiate this, and yet here she was, feeling guilty about going out with Kip a few nights before.

He hadn't seen her yet, and she had to admit that Roman had been right. Silas was way off his game. He was missing passes and just not paying much attention to anything his coach or anyone else yelled at him.

Finally, Coach Parker blew the whistle signaling the end of practice. Most of the team hurried off the field and into the gym for their showers but Silas just stood in the field, his hands on his hips and his stare on the ground. Roman waved at Juliette from where he was standing over at the edge of the field but she just flipped him off in return. He chuckled and shook his head as he jogged over to Silas and patted him on the back, then pointed toward the bleachers as he talked. Silas turned his head to look at what Roman was pointing at and his eyes immediately found Juliette, where she sat silently, already dreading the coming moments.

Roman took off toward the gym and Silas took his time walking over to the bleachers. When he reached her, he nervously ran his hand through his sweaty hair. "Can I sit?"

Without answering, she slid over to make room for him on the edge of the bench. He sat down next to her but didn't say anything else. She pulled her boots up onto the bench right in front of her and wrapped her arms tightly around her jean-clad legs. Her fingers mindlessly fiddled with the button on the arm cuff on the sleeve of her plaid shirt and she bit down on her bottom lip, unsure of whether to talk or wait for him to talk.

Finally, she just got tired of waiting. "Why didn't you tell me?" she blurted out.

He sighed, dropping his eyes to his feet. "I didn't want to lose you."

"You can't just keep things like that from me. Especially things that huge."

"I know. But I didn't know how to tell you."

"You're my best friend, Silas. It's supposed to be easy to talk to me."

"Yeah, right," he scoffed. "Because it's so easy to tell your best friend you're in love with her."

"What did you just say?"

"What?"

"Y-you said love....."

"Maybe I shouldn't have said that."

"Well is that how you feel?"

He paused for a moment, but then he glanced up into her curious blue eyes. "Yeah, it is."

She let out the breath she'd been holding in. "Wow."

Silence overtook them as they each became lost in their own thoughts. Now that it had been said, there was no taking it back. Things were never going to be the same, good or bad.

"What's gonna happen to us?" she finally asked softly.

He frowned as he slowly drummed his fingers against his dirty knee. "I don't know."

"What do you want?"

He quickly turned his gaze to her, obviously caught off guard by her question. "I-....I don't know."

She nodded her head and rose to her feet silently, quickly making her way down the three rows of bleachers. Her feet had already landed on the dirt and taken two steps before he called after her. She turned her body halfway toward him. "Talk to me when you find out." She turned on her heel and quickly made her way back out to the parking lot to her car. As soon as she got behind the wheel, she peeled out of the parking lot, deciding where she was going to go.

She went all the way through town and out the other side, driving for a total of about twenty minutes before she finally reached her destination. The driveway was empty, but the garage was halfway open, revealing the white motorcycle inside. She slowly got out of her car, making sure to leave her phone lying in the driver's seat, and made her way up the steps to the front door. Her knuckled rapped against the large wooden door three times then dropped to her sides to wait. Within ten seconds, the door swung open and Kip stood before her, a huge smile appearing on his face. "Hey you."

"Are you busy?"

His smile quickly faded as he noticed her mood. "Of course not. Come on in."

She followed him into the house and plopped down on the sofa next to him, leaning forward to rest her elbows on her thighs.

"Alright, wanna tell me what's wrong?"

She sighed and shook her head. "No. It's stupid."

"I'll be the judge of that."

The corners of her mouth twitched upwards into an almost smile. "Really, it is. It's nothing I can control so I shouldn't even worry about it."

He slowly reached up to brush a stray strand of hair out of her face. "Right. You shouldn't worry about it."

Her smile grew as she shook her head. "Yeah," she agreed.

"So I haven't seen you in four days. What took you so long to get here?"

"Couldn't remember the directions," she replied jokingly, leaning back against the sofa.

He chuckled. "So what should we do? Talk or something else?"

"No, no talking. Something else definitely."

He awkwardly looked around his living room before returning his eyes to her. "Any ideas?"

"What kind of movies you got?"

He got up from the sofa and went over to the tv stand to rummage through the dvds sitting there. After a minute or so, he held up two movies, one in each hand. "Alright, we've got your standard chick flick or an action movie from the early nineties."

"Why the hell do you own chick flicks?"

"To entertain my female guests, of course."

"Well, this female guest would rather watch Steven Seagal."

"What the lady wants, she gets."

He put the movie in then took a spot on the sofa, so close that his right arm was resting on top of her left. She gave him a look but he just smiled innocently and grabbed the remote control to hit play.

About thirty minutes into the movie, she was lying across the sofa, her head in his lap and his fingers tangled in her wavy hair. By the time an hour had passed, she was sitting up again, her head resting against his shoulder and her arm looped through his. "Hey, Kip?" she whispered, tilting her head up to look at him.

He looked down at her with a smile. "You don't have to whisper. It's just us."

"Shut up," she pouted.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. What were you going to say?"

"Thanks."

"For what?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "This is nice," she replied simply.

"Yeah," he agreed. "It is."

Her smile grew to match his and then he slowly leaned down to connect their lips. She reacted immediately, sitting up completely to wrap her arms around his neck and pull him closer. He quickly moved her onto his lap and tangled his fingers in her hair as his lips moved down to her neck.

Suddenly, he pulled back and looked into her eyes. "How old are you?"

"Eighteen," she lied easily. "You?"

"Almost twenty-one."

She gave a short nod then pushed her lips back onto his as his hands traveled around from her back to the bottom button of her shirt.

Kip was proving to be a very good distraction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Juliette's outfit is here.

I'm sorry it's so short! But pretty please let me know what you all think? :)