Sequel: Fate Misunderstood

Seize Control

014

Image


Christmas Eve had finally come and everyone was gathering at the Teller-Morrow house to have Christmas dinner. Following tradition, all the members of SAMCRO were coming and bringing their families. Juliette heard the doorbell ring as she slid into her black dress, which meant that people were beginning to arrive. She draped a long strand of pearls around her neck then slid her feet into her black ankle boots before checking her long wavy hair in the mirror.

Mostly everyone had arrived by the time she got downstairs. Chibs complimented her as she entered the dining room and took a seat next to Donna. Even though Donna wasn't super happy with the Club, she still came and brought the kids. Her mother's friend Luann, who was married to one of SAMCRO's incarcerated members, also came. The entire table was full, plus the kids' table.

This was Juliette's favorite time of year. For the holidays, the Club put aside their business and came together just to enjoy each other's company. No one talked about guns or rival clubs or business. It was just a nice time where everyone could relax and have a good time. If there was one thing that made her question leaving Charming, it was Christmas Eve dinner at her house.

While most of the men were engaged in some boring conversation, Donna and Juliette carried on their own. Donna knew that if any of the men were to hear their conversation, Juliette would probably somehow get into trouble so she made sure to whisper. "How'd things go the other week?"

Juliette sighed. "Well, I still have one of them as a friend. I don't know what's going on with Silas. I haven't talked to him again."

"Still? Hasn't it been like weeks now?"

"Yep. But the ball's in his court. He told me he was in love with me but when I asked him what he wanted, he said he didn't know. So until he figures that out, I guess that's it."

"Jesus, kid. You have so much drama going on."

"What are you girls whispering about?" Tig asked, leaning over into Juliette's face.

She pushed him back, rolling her eyes. "None of your business, Tiggy."

"Hey, weren't you supposed to buy me some hookers for Christmas?"

"I'm sorry, I don't like doing illegal things."

He chuckled, throwing his arm around her. "My sweet, wholesome little girl."

"Damn right."

The doorbell rang and mostly everyone ignored it including Juliette, but Juice got up from the table and went into the foyer. He opened the heavy door, his face immediately turning to a scowl when his eyes landed on the boy in front of him. "What do you want?"

"I need to talk to Juliette."

"What for?"

Silas returned Juice's glare. "That's really none of your business."

"When you upset her, that's my business."

"I didn't mean to. And why is that your business?"

"She's important to me. And the Club. None of us wants to see her upset, especially over some kid like you."

"I have a feeling this isn't about me at all."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I think she's more important to you than she should be."

When Juice didn't come back to the table right away, Juliette quietly excused herself and went into the foyer. She could see Juice's back but not whoever was in front of him. She walked up behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder, pulling it so that he turned back toward her. "What's going on?"

The glare that was etched into his features quickly disappeared as his eyes met hers. "You've got a visitor," he told her, trying his hardest not to let his irritation with Silas slip through.

She hadn't noticed Silas standing there until then. Her eyes widened momentarily when she saw him but she looked back at Juice with a smile. "It's okay. I got it."

He glared at Silas again and Silas rolled his eyes in return. Juliette squeezed his shoulder and gave him a small nod, and he finally left them alone in the foyer.

"I forgot you always have all the bikers over on Christmas Eve."

"What are you doing here, Silas?"

"I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Us."

She had a feeling this conversation wasn't going to be a very long one so she didn't bother stepping out onto the steps with him. "Okay."

"Open your present first," he told her, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out small turquoise box. She raised her eyebrow as he placed the box in her hand. She knew before opening it that it was a Tiffany's box. "Go ahead," he urged her.

Her eyes dropped to the small box and she lifted the lid to see inside the box, which contained an even smaller turquoise pouch. He took the box out of her hands and she opened the pouch, turning it sideways to let its contents slide into her hand. The silver necklace was in the shape of a heart, with the engravings of Tiffany's carved into the back.

"How the fuck did you afford this?"

He chuckled and took it from her hands, grabbing her shoulders and turning her around so that he could fasten it around her neck. Her hand automatically went up to the pendant and she ran her fingers over it as she turned back to face him.

"You really didn't have to do this."

"I did. I've been a douchebag for the past few weeks and I want to apologize for it."

"Um, this is way too much for an apology. Which I accept, by the way."

He smiled. "Good. But it's not just to go along with the apology."

"Oh yeah?"

"Look, I know it might be weird for you at first. And I know that you don't want to ruin our friendship. But I love you, Jules, and I want to give us a shot."

"You finally made a decision."

He nodded slowly. "I hope it's the right one."

They stared at each other for a brief moment before she finally smiled and nodded her head in return. "Okay."

"Hey, is that mistletoe?"

She looked up and, sure enough, her mother had found the mistletoe and placed it above the front door. She chuckled. "Yep, I guess so."

"Not that I need an excuse, but-...." he trailed off, grabbing her face with both and and pushing his lips onto hers. She slid her arms around his neck as his hands moved down to rest on her hips.

Juice, who had not gone back to the table, heard their entire conversation. From where he was standing, he could see what was happening. There was a deep frown on his face and a sick feeling in his stomach when he finally turned away and went back through the dining room unnoticed and left through the kitchen door. As he jumped onto his Harley and sped out of the driveway, he tried to convince himself that things had gone the way they were supposed to.

The kid was much better for her than he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Juliette's outfit is here.

THIS is the necklace.

So, I'm sure some of you are probably mad at me for how this chapter went. But trust me I have great plan for the future!

On another note, I started the new story! You can find it HERE. Please check it out and let me know what you think?

:)