Sequel: Fate Misunderstood

Seize Control

017

Image


"So.....A boyfriend, huh?"

"Secret," she corrected.

Kip chuckled. "Right. Of course. And why exactly is he a secret?"

Juliette sighed as she slowed their jog to a walk and he followed her pace. "My family doesn't like him and his family doesn't like me."

"Why not?"

"Really? That's not obvious?"

"Well, yeah. The club. But is that all?"

"Isn't that enough? Clay already hates us being friends. He'd be livid if he found out we were dating. All of them would be."

"Even your mom?"

Juliette scoffed. "She eats, sleeps, and breathes SAMCRO. Anything that pisses them off, will piss her off. That includes my own happiness. She'd be worse than the guys."

He shook his head as they stopped walking to take a break on one of the park benches. "I don't get it. He's a good kid, right?"

"Honor student, lacrosse player."

"Then what's the problem? They don't want you to date a good guy? Would they rather you date some felon biker?"

She shrugged her shoulders and crossed her left leg over her right. "They'd rather me not date at all, I guess."

"How is that fair to you?"

"It isn't. But there's nothing I can do. So keeping this a secret is my only option now."

"That's bullshit."

"That's just my family."

Kip sighed, throwing his arm loosely around her shoulders. "Well, at least you're sort of happy."

She smiled. "As much as possible in the situation."

"Come on," he said, patting her shoulder. "I'll buy you lunch."

"We're not going to be able to make the jog back to your house," she joked.

"So we'll walk. We don't have any other plans today."

"I'm going to have to go to Teller-Morrow at some point even though I'm dreading it. There's something I have to run by Jax."

"Well, I'd offer to go with you but I'd probably be shot on the spot."

"Probably," she affirmed.

They jogged to the diner to eat lunch before walking back to Kip's at a much slower pace. As soon as they returned to his house, Juliette went into the bathroom and stripped off her sweaty workout clothes to take a hot shower. She wrapped the tiny dark green towel tightly around her body before moving quickly down the cold hallway to the bedroom where some of her extra clothes were.

Since the Club had been recently busy, they hadn't noticed that she'd been spending so much time at Kip's, even staying at his house some nights when she wanted to avoid home. She had a duffel bag full of clothes that she now kept in the spare bedroom where she slept at least two nights per week. She'd basically made herself at home in Kip's small house, which he had no problem with. He enjoyed not being alone all the time.

Once she was dressed, she pulled her shoes onto her feet and went into the living room where Kip was sprawled out on the sofa with the remote in his hand and eyes set on the tv set. "Your turn to shower, doll."

"But I'm so comfy," he protested.

"But you're stinky and sweaty. Go!"

He grumbled under his breath at her but got up anyway and kicked off his shoes before heading down the hallway with her following. He undressed and got into the shower as she picked up his clothes and hers to take them into the garage and put them into the washer. After that was done, she took the clean laundry out of the dryer and took it back into the house to fold.

Kip emerged from the hallway with wet hair and clean clothes. "I've told you a million times, Julie, you don't have to do my laundry."

"Your laundry? Kip, look in this basket. There's more of my stuff in here than yours. Besides, I don't mind. You do let me stay here a lot."

"I like the company," he shrugged.

"Well, I'm glad to oblige then."

"What time are you going to the garage?" he asked, picking up one of her shirts out of the laundry basket to help her with the folding.

She watched amused as he attempted to fold the shirt. "Probably soon. I dread going over there. I haven't seen my mother in probably a whole week."

He chuckled as he tossed the shirt at her, giving up on his attempts to fold it. "I wouldn't trade places with you, babe."

"I mean, it's not even that important. But Jax doesn't ever answer his phone when I call so I just have to hope I can catch him at the clubhouse."

"You comin' back here after?"

"Not sure yet. I'm supposed to be hanging out with Silas but if his mom finds out, she'll find something for him to do so he can't go out. It's so ridiculous."

Kip laughed and leaned back on the sofa, propping his feet on the coffee table in front of them. "I don't miss being in my parents' control."

"Well thankfully, I only have a few more months until I can move out of Charming and be free," she sighed.

Loud, shrill music began to erupt from Juliette's bag where it sat on the floor by the coffee table. She prayed it wasn't her mother as she rummaged through her bag to find it and was relieved to see that it was just Silas.

"Bad news," he said as soon as she answered. "Mom and Dad aren't going out tonight so we can't hang out at my place."

"I haven't been home, but I'm thinking it'll probably be a no there too."

"Any ideas?"

Juliette sighed and looked around, but when her eyes landed on Kip, she got an idea. "Si, hold on." She pulled the phone away from her face and slid back down next to Kip on the sofa. "Hey, Kip?"

His head slowly turned to look her and he raised an eyebrow at the look on her face. "What do you want?"

"Why do you assume I want something?"

"Because I can tell by the look on your face."

"We teenagers need a place to hang out since we have annoying parents."

"And you want to use my house as that place."

"Please? It's just for a few hours."

He rolled his eyes and turned back to the tv. "Only because I'm such a nice guy. And because I know what it's like to be a teenager."

She grinned, putting the phone back to her ear. "Okay, so my friend Kip says it's alright if you come here."

"You sure he doesn't mind?"

"Of course he doesn't mind," she said, giving Kip a wink. "Besides he wants to meet you."

"When did I say that?" Kip mumbled under his breath. She smacked his arm as she set a time and gave Silas the address before hanging up the phone. She then leaned over to give Kip a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you. Promise to make it up to you?"

"I'll hold you to it."

"I know you will," she smiled. "I'll be back soon. Wish me luck." She grabbed her purse and headed for the door.

"Good luck!"

The ride to the compound didn't take very long since it was the middle of the day and there was no traffic. There wasn't much going on outside but when she walked inside the clubhouse, there were a few people scattered around. Tig was sitting at the bar with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and the backside of some blonde crow eater in the other. Juliette rolled her eyes as she went over to the two of them. He immediately let go of the woman and sat up straighter, smiling warmly at Juliette as she approached with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Hey, sweetheart. What are you doing here?"

"Looking for Jax. Have you seen him?"

"Yeah, he's out with Clay. In Lodi."

She groaned annoyed and nodded, turning to leave. "Alright. Thanks anyway."

"Hey, Jules," he called after her.

She stopped in her tracks and turned back to him. "Yeah?"

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I just needed to ask him something."

"Anything I can help with?"

"Nope," she smiled. "Just brother/sister stuff. See you later, Tiggy. Enjoy your.....um, company," she told him, glancing at the blonde still tightly attached to his arm.

As soon as she stepped back outside the clubhouse, she saw a motorcycle drive into the lot and stop next to the row of bikes, backing into one of the empty spots. Juice. She silently debated whether or not to confront him about his behavior over the past few weeks as she watched him get off the bike and unfasten the strap under his chin.

She cautiously approached him, not meeting his eyes when he looked up at her. "Hey, Juice."

He nodded at her but said nothing as his eyes drifted down to the silver heart hanging from her neck. Whatever it was he had been upset/angry about, he obviously still wasn't over it.

"You can't ignore me forever. Talk to me," she begged him softly.

"Just let it go, Jules." He carelessly tossed his helmet onto his handlebars and stormed away from her but she was quick on his heels.

"What the fuck is your problem?" she asked him loudly, grabbing his upper arm and pulling him back as hard as she could.

He spun around to face her, jerking his arm roughly from her grip. "I don't owe you a goddamn explanation!"

She was taken aback by the volume with which he had yelled at her but she quickly regained her composure. "Yes, you do," she whispered as her watery eyes met his.

His eyes stayed locked on her for only a moment before he shook his head and stormed off into the clubhouse, leaving her standing there even more confused than ever. She sighed as she pushed her fingers through her dark hair and turned back to the garage, where she hadn't noticed Piney and Chibs standing before then. They both had obviously been listening and watching the scene that had just taken place.

"The fuck is wrong with that boy?" Piney's gravelly voice boomed.

Juliette shook her head as she attempted to casually wipe the teardrops pooling in the corners of her eyes. "Nothing. It's okay."

"Not when it's makin' ya cry. Nobody talks to ya like that, Julie girl. 'Specially not him," Chibs told her, dropping the shop towel onto the hood of the car he was standing next to and scowling as he started off toward the clubhouse after Juice.

"Chibs, don't, okay? It's fine. Chibs!"

Despite her calling his name, he didn't stop. He headed directly to the clubhouse, pushing the door open with as much force as he could muster and slamming it behind him.

Juliette groaned as she turned to walk back to her car. "This is so stupid," she mumbled to herself as she slid into the driver's seat. She drove back to Kip's house annoyed and confused. He was gone when she got back to the house but he left a bright yellow post-it stuck to the fridge for her.

Went to the market. You're making tonight up to me by cooking dinner!

She sighed as she went back into the living room to lie on the sofa. With the conversation at the clubhouse, she'd already forgotten that Silas was coming over later to hang out with her and meet Kip. She leaned back against the dark blue cushions and closed her eyes, trying to avoid thinking about Juice and the anger he had toward her.

She must've done something wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Juliette's outfits are here and here.

Sorry about the wait, you guys. Let me know what you think? :)