Sequel: Fate Misunderstood

Seize Control

018

Image


The days passed, turning quickly into weeks. Juliette and Silas were already halfway done with their final semester of high school and were still going strong. Kip and Silas hadn't exactly hit it off so she was forced to divide her time between the two of them. She still hadn't talked to Juice again since that day at the garage and she wasn't sure what Chibs had said to him; she was only sure that now, instead of just ignoring her presence, he avoided her completely.

Since her family had claimed dinner, Kip claimed the rest Juliette's birthday. She was finally going to be eighteen, a legal adult and she just couldn't wait.

Kip was sitting on the porch waiting for her when she pulled up to his house. "Happy Birthday!" he shouted, jumping up when she reached the steps.

She pushed her sunglasses up into her hair and grinned as he threw his arms around her. "Thanks! So what fabulous plans do you have to celebrate my eighteenth year of existence?"

"Well, to start, I thought we'd watch some movies. Then, we're gonna get some pizza. And then for the big finale, we're gonna watch some more movies."

She laughed. "I like that plan."

"Good. First things first. We gotta go the the video store."

"You mean to tell me you planned the day but didn't actually get any movies?"

"How am I supposed to know what you want to watch? Last time I was wrong, remember?"

"True....Alright, fine, let's go. I'll drive."

He followed her out to her car and slid into the passenger seat while she got in on the driver's side. "You know, I always feel like a bitch when the girl drives me," he told her as they pulled out onto the road.

She laughed, pulling her sunglasses back down over her eyes. "Sorry, bitch."

Kip occupied himself by constantly changing the radio station in the middle of a song while Juliette was singing along, which he found very funny. By the time they arrived at the video store, he was thoroughly annoying her. She smacked him in the chest when he attempted to snake his arm around her shoulders but he just laughed.

"You're so easy to annoy."

"You're just really good at it."

He grinned and winked at her before turning to the wall of movies. "So what would the birthday girl like to watch?"

"I don't know. Let's just walk around and see if something catches my eye."

They slowly made their way around the walls of the store before they came to a dark purple curtain. Kip grabbed her hand and pulled her through it where she found herself in the adult section.

"Jesus Christ, Kip. I'm not watching porn with you."

"I'm just browsing!"

"I think it's against policy for me to be back here."

"Not anymore. You're eighteen now."

She groaned. "Why can't you just watch your porn online like most other people?"

He ignored her, reaching for one of the dvds on the shelf and examining the cover.

"Jesus, is this one from the eighties?" he said aloud, holding the case out to her.

Juliette automatically looked over the title Frisky Business as he held it out to her and her hands quickly went up to cover her eyes when she saw the woman on the cover. "Oh my God. I'm scarred."

"What?"

"I can't believe you showed me that! That is my mom's best friend."

"This is your mom's best friend?" he asked, looking back down at the dvd case.

"Holy shit, she's-"

"Old. She's old, Kip."

"She wasn't when this was made, thank you very much."

"Ugh whatever. Let's just go pick out a regular movie please?"

He reluctantly put the movie back on the shelf and followed her back through the curtain to the regular movies. Neither of them said anything for a solid ten minutes but as she reached to pick up one of the new releases, he burst out laughing. "I can't believe your mom's best friend was in a porno."

Juliette rolled her eyes. "She was a big star a long time ago. Now she's got her own studio and a ton of actors."

"This is happening in Charming? Why the fuck didn't you tell me this information?"

"Um, because I personally know at least half of those people and it's gross to think about them in that way."

"Shit. You know a bunch of porn stars? I will never be more jealous of you than I am at this very moment."

"You're such a pervert."

"I'm a guy."

"You're an ass."

"And yet you still hang out with me."

She shook her head and continued along through the aisles, stopping to pick up a few of her favorite movies Catch Me If You Can, Ten Things I Hate About You, and Fight Club. After they left the video store, they picked up a pizza and went back to Kip's house to eat and watch their movies.

They had only just finished the last movie when her mother called asking her whereabouts. Juliette quickly made up a story that Gemma believed and she hung up, only after telling her to get her ass home to get ready. Juliette sighed as she sat up from Kip's lap and stood up from the sofa to stretch her limbs. "Thanks for today," she grinned, throwing her arms around his neck.

He chuckled as he returned the hug. "Happy Birthday, Julie. Now go have your family party."

She pulled a face as she stood up, grabbing her bag from the floor and with a kiss on the cheek, she left Kip's house and headed across town to her own.

Her mother was waiting for her when she returned home and hurried her upstairs to get dressed for her party. She changed into her favorite cranberry-colored dress then pulled her hair into a side braid before sliding her feet into her boots. She grabbed her old leather jacket just as Gemma pushed her out the front door.

The party didn't start for another hour and a half so Juliette just sat cross-legged, leaning against the bar while her mother went around doing things to get ready.

Finally 8 o'clock rolled around and the clubhouse had become full. Members, old ladies, children- the entire family had come out for her birthday celebration. She couldn't help but notice, however, that Juice was not among them. Though she wasn't surprised, she was still hurt that he hadn't bothered to show up.

Tig, who'd been running late, showed up last and immediately he picked her up in a hug. "Shit, I can't believe you're old enough to be legal now!"

"Hey, don't get any ideas," Jax warned, pointing a finger at him.

Tig laughed and set Juliette back on her feet. "Wouldn't dream of it, brother."

Luann and Donna brought out the cake as the rest of the clubhouse- even the men- sang happy birthday to her. She blew out her candles and Gemma had just begun to cut the cake when Clay's prepaid cell phone rang in his pocket. He stepped away from the crowd momentarily to answer it, but he soon returned and everyone stopped talking to look at him.

"We gotta go, boys."

"What for?" Jax asked him.

"The deal with the Niners is going down. Today."

"Clay-" Gemma started.

"It's gotta be done, baby," he said, cutting her off and turning to his stepdaughter. "I'm sorry, Julie. We won't be gone long."

Juliette just nodded instead of replying and immediately the men filed out of the clubhouse, shutting the door behind them. She listened as the sound of their motorcycles faded into the distance before getting up, leaving her cake untouched, and moping over to the bar where she grabbed the bottle of Captain Morgan and retreated to the clubhouse rooftop.

Things hadn't turned out so great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Juliette's outfits are here and here.

As always, I love to know what you think so let me know! :)