Sequel: Fate Misunderstood

Seize Control

027

Image


"Alright, men. We gotta be smart about this."

They were parked about a mile from the Titans clubhouse where they were sure Juliette was being held. Clay had stopped so that they could figure out a plan of attack when they got to the clubhouse and after that was figured out one hundred percent, they were ready to go again.

Clay looked over to his intelligence officer. "I'm serious, brother. Be smart."

"I know," he muttered. If anyone was going to make a rash decision about Juliette, it was going to be Juice. His head had been spinning for the entire three days that she had been missing and he was probably the most eager about the rescue mission out of everyone.

Clay pulled onto the highway first and the rest of the men followed closely behind them, with Kozik in the van bringing up the rear. As soon as they pulled into the lot, they jumped off their motorcycles and discarded their helmets, pulling their guns out to have them at the ready. Clay was the first one into the building but the rest of them were directly behind him.

Men came out from all corners of the main room and they wasted no time in firing their guns and making the Titans fall to the ground. When the main room was clear, they all split up and went into different directions. Kozik ran down the hall, stopping and looking inside every room on the way down. He reached the last door on the hall but it was locked so he simply kicked it in.

He stepped inside, looking around the dark room, before his eyes landed on the figure lying on the cold concrete floor. "Shit," he muttered to himself, before alerting the others. "Hey, I found her!"

He crossed the room in three long strides, kneeling down to make sure that she still had a pulse. Satisfied with the thumping of her veins against his fingertips, he called her name softly and pulled her up into a sitting position. Her previously unconscious frame was immediately brought to life as she screamed in pain at being moved, but then she was out again.

"Jesus Christ, they shot her," he muttered to himself, looking down at her shoulder, where the blood had soaked through the top of her dress and run down her arm. "Jules, it's Kozik, babe. Can you open your eyes for me?"

Juice entered the room then, breathing heavily, and his eyes widened in horror at the condition the girl was in. He bent down next to Kozik, grabbing her battered face gently in his hands. "Julie," he muttered softly. "Please open your eyes, sweetheart."

She didn't respond right away, making Juice and Kozik exchange worried looks. But then after a moment, her eyes slowly fluttered open and she blinked several times in order to see more clearly. The two men crouched down next to her were familiar, even though they were still blurry. She reached out a hand for each of them, but then she jerked her left arm back from Kozik, hissing at the sharp pain that jolted through her shoulder.

"Julie-"

"Juice?" she croaked. She couldn't remember the last time she'd said anything out loud other than stop and her voice was shaky and weak.

"I'm here, baby," he told her, taking the hand that had reached out for him.

She squeezed his hand with every ounce of strength she had left in her body. "Get me out of here. Please," she whispered pitifully.

Without wasting another second, he picked her up, cradling her in his arms as Kozik led the way back out into the main room where Clay and Jax had the Titans President Blue on his knees in front of them, next to one of the prospects she'd come to see so much of the past three days. Juice could feel her begin shaking when she heard the prospect begging for his life and he quickly carried her outside to the van as they finished their business inside.

Kozik laid down some blankets in the back of the van for Juice to set her on and when he stepped back to look at her, he couldn't help feeling sick. This was not the Juliette he knew. Juliette was lively and fierce and always had a little smirk on her face. This girl lying shivering in the back of the Club's van was bloody and bruised and broken. And he thought she had looked bad back in the dark room.

It was nothing compared to how she looked now in the sunlight. Now he could easily see the spattered blood that covered her from head to toe-- probably not only hers, but Silas's too. Along with that, there was a large patch of dark red blood covering her shoulder and the left side of her chest. Her dark wavy hair, once pulled back in a neat braid for her date, was matted with blood that had no doubt spilled from the bullet hole in her left shoulder. Bruises littered her arms, along with the black eye and the deep gash on her cheek. On top of all that damage, her full bottom lip was split open.

She had already slipped back into unconsciousness by the time Clay and Jax returned to the lot, all Titans lying dead on the floor inside. Jax peeked inside the van at his little sister but quickly turned away as tears filled his blue eyes. "Jesus Christ. Look what they did to 'er," he told his stepfather, his voice cracking.

"Clay, we gotta get 'er to a hospital right now," Kozik informed the President.

"Go, go. We're following right behind ya."

Juice jumped into the back of the van with her and Kozik hopped into the driver's seat, immediately pulling out of the lot and heading full speed to St. Thomas.

As soon as they had reached the emergency room, Juliette was put on a gurney and quickly whisked away from them by a team of doctors and nurses. The entire group of them crowded into the waiting room and Clay stepped outside to call his wife and let her know Juliette had been found.

Gemma, along with Chief Unser, were at the hospital in record time and Gemma stormed the desk, demanding to see her daughter. "I'm sorry, ma'am, you'll have to wait for the doctor," the girl squeaked in response, obviously scared.

She glared at the younger woman and took a seat next to her husband. "You get the men who did this to my baby?" she asked him quietly.

"Oh yeah," he answered, nodding once. "Every last one of 'em."

"Good."

He snaked his arm around his wife's shoulders and she sat back, crossing her arms over her chest as the entire charter, plus the Tacoma charter and the Nomad charter, waited for word on SAMCRO's little girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
A few more until the sequel, which you can find RIGHT HERE. :)