Sequel: Fate Misunderstood

Seize Control

004

Image


Juliette jumped out of her bed and threw open her bedroom door, glancing down the hall. She could hear Clay's deep voice coming from downstairs, on the phone with someone. She made her way down the stairs, stopping at the bottom to listen.

"I don't care what he has to do. Get him on the fucking phone..... Alright..... Yeah, thanks."

She waited until he had ended the call before she rounded the corner and stepped into the dining room where he was sitting at the table.

"Dad?"

He quickly turned his head to look at her for a moment before rising to his feet and stepping toward her, putting his hands on his shoulders. "Nobody's hurt. It was just a scare tactic."

"Yeah, well it worked."

"Tig's on his way. He'll take you to the clubhouse. I've got some shit to handle."

"What about Mom? Where is she?"

He shook his head. "Don't worry about her. Just go with Tig."

Juliette nodded unsurely as he moved past her to leave the room. She just stood in the dining room thinking until she heard a bike outside. She went into the foyer and opened the door, just as Tig was walking up the front steps. "Hey, sweetheart. Where's Clay?"

"Office, I think."

"Give me a minute," he said, stepping inside the house. He made his way down the hallway to Clay's office while she just stood silently by the door.

He emerged a few minutes later and led her outside. He gave her his helmet and she quickly fastened the strap before climbing on the back of the bike. Almost as soon as they pulled onto the road, she tugged her shirt closer to her body, wishing she had been wearing different pajamas, because it was a brisk night and the winds were chilly against her bare skin. She buried her face in Tig's back, trying to avoid the cold wind on her face, and held on tightly to his cut.

When they arrived at the clubhouse, the row of bikes was almost full with only a few missing, meaning that the others had probably gone out to find out what had happened. Tig quickly ushered her inside then headed straight to the bar where Bobby and Piney were sitting and talking. "What do we know?" he asked them as he sat down and made himself a drink.

Juliette saw Juice sitting at one of the back tables on the laptop, probably hacking someone's computer system or something of the sort. She silently made her way over to the table and took the empty chair next to him, pulling her legs up in front of her and wrapping her arms around them.

He briefly looked up from his computer before returning his eyes to the screen with a grin. "Nice outfit," he joked, referencing the oversized, gray SAMCRO tee shirt of Jax's and her small red spandex shorts.

She was suddenly aware that she was only in her pajamas and she sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, it does happen to be 3 in the morning. I was in bed, thank you very much."

He looked up again and this time, he caught her eyes. They just stared at each other until someone called her name. He continued to look at her, while her head snapped in the direction of the voice. Tig. "Come over here. He's doing something really important."

Juliette nodded and turned back to Juice. "Sorry to bother you," she murmured with a small smile, before standing to her feet (bare, he noticed) and walking over to where Tig and the others were sitting. He shook his head and once again focused on the computer screen in front of him.

Tig smirked at her when she reached the bar. "Does little Julie have a crush on our Juicey?"

Juliette rolled her eyes and picked up the whiskey bottle, refilling Tig's glass. "Please. He's like ten years older than me."

Eight years and ten months, to be more specific. She'd calculated the age difference when her fourteen-year-old self developed a crush on the man when he first joined the Sons as a prospect.

Tig chuckled and tossed back the entire glass of whiskey, dropping it back against the wooden bar and rising to his feet as Clay walked into the clubhouse, slamming the door behind him. "Chapel now,' he commanded, pushing the double doors open. The rest of the guys followed him inside and shut the doors. Juliette shrugged to herself and picked up the dirty glasses, taking them over to the sink to wash them.

When she'd finished, she took a seat on the sofa and curled up, resting her head on the arm. Her heavy eyelids eventually slid shut, but just as they did so, the door was pushed open and Jax strolled inside, followed by Chibs and a tall blonde man she didn't recognize.

"Chapel," she informed them before they even asked. Jax nodded and the three of them disappeared behind the double doors.

She was able to sleep for almost an hour before they all emerged from the chapel, some of them leaving immediatley and some heading over to sit at the bar. Juliette slowly sat up, rubbing her tired eyes, then went over to pour herself a glass of water. "Where's the whiskey?" Tig asked as soon as she was in front of him.

She grinned. "I hid it. You don't need anymore if you're going to be riding."

His eyes narrowed and he shook his head. "Just like your mother," he muttered, dropping his head into his hands.

Juliette laughed to herself and took a sip of her water, noticing the man from before standing alone, looking at the mugshot wall. She set her glass down on the bar and made her way over to him, stopping next to him and looking up at the picture of her father. The man looked over at her and, noticing she was looking at the wall instead of him, followed her line of vision to the same photo.

"My dad," she informed him quietly.

He stared at the photo a moment longer before turning his head toward her. "You're Teller's kid?"

She nodded, finally breaking her stare at the photo and looking up at the man standing beside her. "Juliette. And you are?"

"The name's Kozik."

"That's a terrible name."

He chuckled. "It's my last name. But my first name is worse so I just stick with it."

She gave him a smile and offered her hand. "Nice to meet you, Kozik."

"You too," he replied, shaking her hand.

He turned his body so that he was standing directly in front of her and her eyes found the patches on his cut. "Tacoma?"

"Just down to help the guys out for a few days."

"Juliette!" someone called from across the room. She and Kozik both turned their heads to see who had called and they were both met with Tig's angry glare. "Stop talking to him," he commanded her.

"Why?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at her, surprised that she had actually questioned him.

"Because he's a prick. That's all you need to know."

Tig turned his back to them then and she shook her head, looking back up at the man. "I'm sorry," she apologized before making her way back over to the bar. "What's your problem?" Kozik heard her ask as she smacked the back of Tig's head. He chuckled to himself and turned back to the wall.

Eventually, Juliette could barely keep her eyes open. It was already becoming daylight when she shuffled down the hallway and into one of the empty bedrooms, falling face down onto the bed, not even bothering to get under the blankets. She curled her legs up close to ber body and her heavy eyelids finally closed as she drifted off to sleep, this time undisturbed.