Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Don't You Ever Forget About Me

Jaime's POV

"Jaime, wait! Let me explain. Talk to me!" I heard Vic shout from behind me, but I only scoffed. I couldn't even look at him right now, much less talk to him. I was disgusted. A two year relationship thrown away, and on what? It was on something I'd expected for months.

He cheated on me with Kellin Quinn, the school's new heart-throb. Of course.

Hot tears escaped and slid down my cheeks as I stopped trying to fight them, just letting out all my emotions and wanting the pain twisting in my chest to end. I heard him running after me, so I began to run too, ignoring his pleas as well as Kellin's.

Stupid, fucking whore Kellin.

"Please, Jaime, baby! Please wait! I love you!"

I stopped dead in my tracks. My mouth slightly ajar from shock, I clenched my fists as I turned to face him. My glare pierced straight through his saddened eyes, him looking at me with guilt and misery staining every single one of his beautiful features.

I looked at him like you'd expect - with the most repulsed look I could manage. "You love me? That's hilarious, Vic. Fuck you. Fuck you and fuck your lies and love songs and your stupid fucking whore over there and all of your bullshit. You're so full of bullshit, Vic, and I fucking hate your guts. Stay the fuck away from me."

His and Kellin's mouths lay agape as I turned around, gulping back a new wave of emotion that resembled guilt, but I dismissed it. They deserved it.

I heard Vic half-whisper "Jaime..." his voice cracking as I jumped in my car, driving away as fast as possible. One thought lingered, was it worth it to him? Was it worth all of this?

I didn't know, and I didn't want to. I just wanted to forget him.

I wanted to forget I ever knew Vic Fuentes.

-

Vic's POV

Saying I wasn't looking forward to walking into those large school doors would be the understatement of the year. I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck with my spare hand, my other being clutched by my boyfriend, Kellin, who had a happy look on his face.

"Oh my god, aren't you exited, babe? We're going to be seniors, as soon as we walk inside!" He beamed. "Finally the top of the food chain."

I nodded, flashing him a false smile as he planted his lips to mine, only to pull away and bump my nose with his, smiling a toothy grin at me before leading me through the doors with him, trailing softly behind. But as soon as we walked through, my breath hitched in my throat. There stood Jaime, laughing, holding some guy's hand, and looking at him with...adoration, was it? The way he looked at me before-

Shaking my head, I tried to keep my thoughts under control. I'd done it for two years, I could keep it up.

I tried not to, but somehow I was left staring, jealous as I saw the other male (who I remembered to be named "Tony" or something) place a kiss on Jaime's nose as he blushed. He soon responded to the sentiment with a grin, then walked away. I balled my spare fist, anger rising to my throat suddenly. What-

"Vic, are you even listening to me?" An impatient Kellin spoke in an angry tone beside me, and I noticed we'd stopped walking and were at his locker.

"Oh, I'm sorry. What, love?"

"Nevermind." Whispering in a slightly hurt tone, he shut his locker. "I'll see you at lunch."

Kellin grabbed his books, rushing past me before I could stop him. I huffed, walking to my locker and pulling out my own books when I heard the late bell. "Fuck." I muttered, slamming my locker and trudging off to my first class.

"Ah, nice of you to join us." My history teacher of 4 years spat in my direction. How I had ended up with him every year, I had no idea. I decided that he picks my class just to fuck with me. "First day of your last year here and you're already tainting your record with being tardy. Such a shame, Victor."

I flashed him a fake, sugary-sweet smile. "It's Vic, Harold."

"And it's Mr. Dunn to you, Mr. Fuentes. I suggest you take your seat before my patience runs thin, and I will to see you after school, yes?"

I rolled my eyes, only to scan the room for an vacant seat. When I saw the only one available, my breath caught.

Of course it'd be beside Jaime. Of course he'd be in the class. Of course this would happen to me.

So much for two years of blatantly ignoring each other.

I awkwardly walked over and seated myself as I watched him shrink into his chair, hiding his adorable face in his history book, something about the Civil War suddenly becoming the most interesting thing in the world. Scoffing under my breath at his immaturity, I simply looked forward and pretended to pay attention to whatever boring lecture was coming. This was going to be a long year.

-

Jaime's POV

When the bell rang for the end of first period, I'd never been more relieved in my life. Breathing out slowly and standing, I made my way for the door before hearing an agitated groan behind me. The same one I’d hear two years back when I requested Toy Story over Jurassic Park, and a groan that could only belong to the asshole that was Victor Fuentes.

I attempted to hurry out before having to face him, but I felt a firm hand grab my shoulder, immobilizing me; not necessarily by strength, just by forfeiting whatever hiding game we’d been playing since our break-up.

Sighing, I turned around, determined to give him a blank stare. Sadly, it wavered when I saw those eyes, those goddamn eyes, that always found a way to break my walls down. Chocolate pools of sincerity and sadness, a caramel color you couldn't tear yourself away from. I fought back a whimper, but a frown graced my lips as his expression softened from irritated to just plain sad, or miserable even.

“Jaime,” My heart began to beat rapidly as my breath caught, my anxiety slipping through. He just stared, his hand never leaving my arm. I was so tense, I barely realized his hand rubbing my arm in an attempt to calm me. Obviously, that didn't work as I shrugged it off of me with a disgusted face. “Come on. You’re being immature. Why can’t we just talk about this?”

At that, a chuckle escaped my lips that lacked true humor and was more sarcastic than anything. “I’m being immature? You’re fucking hysterical, Vic, and I almost miss that about you.” He bit his lip, his eyes looking a bit hurt, but I was more than a bit hurt when he cheated on me, so I lacked remorse. “Why would I ever want to talk to you again? Answer me that.”

People were starting to stare, but I didn’t care. His eyes searched the faces around him, gulping. “I don’t know.“ Sighing, he looked at his feet. “I- I'm tired of shit being so awkward, I guess. It's senior year; it's time to grow up. This won’t just go away on its own though, Jaim.”

“You’re right.” He looked up with a hopeful expression. “This won’t go away on its own. It never will. Nothing will change the fact that you hurt me." My voice faded to a whisper. "You hurt me a lot."

"I-"

"No. I’m sorry, but I don’t think there is any chance of us ever being friends. I wouldn’t be able to bear it.” I sighed, knowing by his lip quivering he was struggling back tears. Slamming my eyes shut, I continued in a much softer tone. “Go hang out with your boyfriend; I'll go hang out with mine. What other kind closure do you need?”

And with that, I exited the classroom, wiping my cheeks. No way could I let Vic back in. It was bad enough that I knew the feelings I had for him had yet to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit for story- All Time Low- My Only One