Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Losing Hope

Tony's POV

"Then we just sort of chilled, you know? It's pretty nice, being friends again. Oh, and after that-"

"You guys made out and had hot boy sex?" I interrupted him, sarcasm and jealousy lining my voice as I made a fake, excited gasp. I rolled my eyes, smacking my hands against the wheel.

Jaime's mouth dropped and he shifted awkwardly in the passenger seat beside me. "W-what?" He sounded utterly shocked and offended, and I glanced over at him, my expression going from stern to regretful.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, babe. It's just he's all you've talked about for fucking days. I mean, damn it, Jaime."

I sent another glance his way, and his face shifted. Shit. He looked pissed.

"So that's gives you the right to be a fucking major asshole? I'm excited that I have my best friend back, for god's sake. I-"

"And your ex-boyfriend." Stating it rather monotone, I looked out the window, refusing to hold my tongue any longer.

"So that's what this is. You're jealous."

"Yeah, Jaime. I am. He takes up all your time now."

"David takes up yours."

"David isn't my ex-boyfriend." I yelled, sending him a brief disbelieving look. "And you fucking leave him out of this."

He scoffed, placing his face in his hands. "Why are you doing this, Tony?" I noticed the quiver in his voice, but dismissed it out of anger.

"Because I'm so sick and tired of this. You hang out with him all the time, and then when we do hang out he's all you talk about. You're so obsessed with him. I wouldn't be surprised of you two were hooking up or something behind my back!"

My jaw set and my body tensed. I'd finally said it; what I'd been needing to all along. And I knew the outcome would be terrible.

"Excuse me?" The disbelief in his voice was almost humorous, and in fact, I let out a breathless chuckle. "Why are you fucking laughing? I can't even believe you insinuated that. That I'd fucking cheat on you- with Vic. Oh my god, I can't even believe this."

I sniffed, wishing he'd be honest with me and cursing myself for crying like I said I wouldn't. "Just tell me." I finally choked out. "No-no bullshit lies or stupid pouting to make me feel sorry for you." My voice quivered a bit as I forced out the words that were needed, tears pricking my eyes regardless of my efforts to hold them in. I didn't know whether they were from sadness or anger to be honest. "Tell me. Are you fucking cheating on me with that low-life?"

With tears in my eyes, I met Jaime's gaze, who returned the teary look, his mouth open as he shook his head. "How can you even ask that? No." Sincerity marked his features, but I winced still. "Tony, I'm not fucking cheating on you, and I never ever would! I know how it fucking feels and- how could you even ask that?" He yelled, clenching his teeth before whispering through them. "I would never."

"I don't believe you." I spat back, honestly done with the situation. It was clear from day one he had never gotten over him, and I was stupid enough to believe he could forget about him and accept me instead. But as he let out a small choked sob and turned to window, scratching at his wrists shaking with each silent cry, I sighed, deciding to end it for now. I couldn't hug him and apologize (frankly, I didn't want to) because we were in a car, so I settled for dissolving the argument. "Look, Jaime, let's just-"

"Stop the car." He demanded, interrupting me in a bored tone, quite unfitting for the situation.

"What?" He sniffed.

"Stop the car right now, Tony."

"Why?" I asked, but obeyed hesitantly. When I'd pulled over, I turned to question him but he'd already jumped out. "Oh for the love of God. Jaime!" I rolled my eyes, jumping out of the car, but he ignored me and kept walking. "Jaime, come on. You can't walk home. It's like, negative two degrees."

"Watch me." He growled. I threw my hands in the air and jumped back in the car, swallowing my worry for his well-being and just starting the car back up to drive next to him.

I rolled down the window. "Fine. Freeze to death. See if I care." I retorted, driving away with regret tinging at my heart.  

_

Throwing my bag on the couch, I shuffled through the house with too much on my mind, like I'd been doing for weeks. Debating on confronting Jaime. But now that I had, I felt worse.

Just my luck.

Chuckling humorlessly to myself, I reached into the fridge and felt around until my hand clasped a beer. I smirked and opened it, downing some of it before slamming the fridge shut. Thank goodness no one was home.

"To shitty boyfriends and shitty arguments." I joked lacking joy, raising the beer to the air then colliding it back to my lips, walking lazily up the stairs to my room. But when the door swung open, instead of being greeted by an empty bed like expected, I saw a fidgeting David Schmitt staring worriedly at the ceiling, nibbling his lip. When he noticed he, he jumped and yelped as he clamped down on his lip. I placed the drink on my desk and hurried over to him.

"Ow." He mumbled, raising at hand to his mouth.

"Shit, Dave, are you okay? Why are you here anyway?"

"Uh, yeah. I am. And I just came to see you I guess and-"

"Why are you so nervous?" I blurted without thinking, scolding myself inwardly for not being more considerate.

He nibbled his lip again, ignoring its bleeding state. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Go on," I urged. "Tell me."

"I-" He began, and then stopped staring at the ground. "I broke up with my girlfriend today because-"

"What? You two were good together!" 

"Yeah but I-"

"What happened? I mean, did-"

"Tony, could you please shut up?" He sighed and I frowned.

"Sorry, I'm just confused. I know you two fought a bit but I mean I didn't think you'd break up I mean why would-"

"Tony,"

"I'm just confused. What could possibly-"

And then, time seemed to warp. I hadn't even registered that David's lips crashed to mine before they were there, moving against my mine like it was his dying wish. But what got me the most was that I didn't stop him. It was wrong, but it felt right, as cliché as it sounds. 

Maybe it was the anger still pulsating through my veins, but I didn't stop him at all. Nor did I want to.

And before long, I was kissing back. His hands wrapped around my neck as our lips moved in sink, and I placed my hands at his lips, him moving onto my lap, just like he'd probably seen Jaime do.

Oh fuck. Jaime.

I pushed him away and off onto my bed as he recoiled in surprise, his expression hurt. "Fuck, David. Jaime..."

He pulled his knees to his chin and sat his face between them. "I'm sorry. But isn't he cheating on you? Why don't you two break up?"

"I think but why- David, you're straight! This wont work! This doesn't make any sense!" I concluded, pushing aside the fact something in me wanted it to work, because that was wrong. I had Jaime. But he had Vic. 

"Why can't it work, Tony?" He whispered, looking up at me desperately. "I put myself out there because I know there is something between us. More than with you and Jaime. You can't tell me you don't see it." He stood up, facing me, placing a hand to my cheek. 

"I mean, yeah, Dave. But Jaime..."

"What about Jaime?"

"I can't do this to him." I sighed, looking at my feet, almost ashamed I couldn't hurt him like he hurt me.

"Please, Tony," I met his desperate gaze and nearly whimpered. I'd never been so confused as he again crashed his lips to mine, seemingly trying to kiss away the doubts that lingered. But he couldn't.

A day ago I'd never looked at him in any romantic way at all, besides finding him attractive. But lust, anger, confusion seemed to control me as I kissed him back just as needy and fierce.

Damn, this was going to be a complicated year.

-

Vic's POV

"I love you so much, Vic. Thank you for doing this for me. You're the best boyfriend ever." Kellin beamed, placing a quick kiss to my cheek before I smirked.

"Yeah, I know I am."

With an adorable giggle, he was walking away in those goddamn skinnies he knew I loved so much with a beanie to match, and he'd used those to get me here. Without his bribery, I wouldn't be setting up a birthday party for one of his friend's that I barely knew. I was aware of Justin helping out though, and that he was Kellin's best friend, and Kellin had to take an extra shift at work. Justin was picking up more alcohol, so here I was, setting up a party all by myself.

After decorating with a little music playing for a bit, I put out some snacks and drinks, sighing rather contently. "I should be a party planner." I stated out loud, dancing around as I got out the paper cups and plates before noticing my phone buzzing.

I sighed, and grabbed it before smiling at the name. 

One new message from: Jaime<3

-can we talk? I really need someone right now please Vic-


My stomach lurched as I sat the phone down, looking around. The party started in an hour and I'd barely even began to set up most of it. 

After debating which was more important and beginning to set up again, I pulled out my phone with a grimace.

New message to: Jaime<3

-your door better be unlocked when I get there in a half hour-
♠ ♠ ♠
This was so hard to write okay and I hate it