Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Follow Or Fall Behind

Vic's POV

The bitter cold seemed to worsen as I reached the front door of Jaime's house, and an unsettling feeling washed over me as I thought the text over. Now that I really stopped to think about, it seemed rushed. Urgent, maybe. And I started to regret taking my time getting over here.

My head began to throb and swarm with possibilities as I knocked on the door, assuring myself that if it was really big he'd want to be consoled by Tony. Or he just didn't want Tony to worry. That's a possibility. 

With a click, the door opened and quite frankly startled me. After jumping about a foot in the air, I shook my head and looked up to see Jaime's gorgeous brown eyes staring back into mine. But they weren't the happy eyes I was used to, and they weren't even sad like the ones I'd see a few months back when they met mine.

No, they were about as bitterly emotionless and cold as an ocean in winter, and I was just waiting for them to fill with tears as he cracked. But they didn't, nor did he break. His rigid gaze just remained with my probably horrified one, and chilled me to my core.

I shivered a little, not because of the cold but because of his stare. It was actually scary; there was always some emotion radiating from him. He's really easy to read, but not today.

It felt like I'd been staring at him for hours when he coughed, breaking the silence, then spoke just as frigid as his gaze. "Come inside."

I nodded and tried to swallow the lump in my throat, for it felt like I dry-swallowed a large pill of some sort, but regardless following him inside.

The house was silent, and I concluded his parents had just left considering the messy dinner table, and of course the lack of voices. And as I glanced again at Jaime, I couldn't fight back the words that would spill at any moment anymore.

"What's wrong?"

I almost regretted asking (almost) when his eyes began to fill with tears, and he handed me his phone with a message open.

From: Tone-Bone <3 

-We need to talk-


I nibbled my lip as Jaime spoke up. "We got into a fight, a bad fight. He thought I was cheating on him with you." My eyes widened. "I tried to tell him I didn't like you-" (alright ow), "-but he wouldn't believe me. I told him we were just friends, but he denied it, so I just walked home and when I got here he sent me this. He's going to break up with me for something I didn't even do, and would never do. I th-thought he knew that." 

And with that, Jaime cracked, falling into my arms and letting the sobs shake his body. My mouth hung open at this newly acquired information and my heart hardened toward Tony as I held my best friend in my arms, whispering sweet nonsense that hopefully would cheer him up. Holding him close, I gave him a reassuring squeeze. I felt him sniffle and place his head in the crook of my neck where it fit so perfectly.

"Thank you, Vic. I-I'm sorry."

I furrowed my eyebrows although he couldn't see. "For what?"

"For being such a mess."

I pulled out of the hug to stare warmly yet disbelieving at him. "You're not a mess, alright, Jaime? You have every right to be upset."

He only nodded and sighed, looking at his feet thoughtfully. "Say, you wouldn't mind going up to my room and watching a movie would you? I have snacks, and we could even watch Jurassic Park, I mean..."

I smiled at how he knew my favorite movie, but two could play that game. 

"No, Toy Story, I insist. And I'll get the snack; you go put the movie in."

His eyes lit up. "Really?"

"Really."

And after two drinks, half a movie, and a bag of popcorn later, he snuggled innocently into me and fell asleep. I smiled, kissing his forehead tenderly before my eyes fluttered shut as well. "Goodnight, Hime-Time." Butterflies stirred. "I love you."

-

Kellin's POV

For the fifth time that night, I furiously dialed Vic's phone number, thoughts jumping from Where the fuck is he at? to oh god I hope he's okay. Soon, it reached the familiar answering machine and I huffed, tossing my phone on my bed, walking out of the room and immediately being greeted with the smell of weed and alcohol.

Scrunching up my nose distastefully, I forced my balled fists to my sides and gritted my teeth, finally deciding I should just calm down and enjoy the party when I saw my good friend Jesse wave me over. "Hey, Kell," He slurred, obviously already drunk. "Co-'mere."

Despite my eye-rolling, a small grin was stretched across my face as he stumbled to meet me half way. "Hello, Jesse," I turned to my other friends who sat beside him. "Jack, Josh, Gabe, Max."

They all nodded, and I noted that Jesse and Gabe were the only severely drunk ones. "Hey, man." Jack grinned, and I also noted he was completely sober.

Josh and Max returned to their heated discussion about some girl Max was interested in, and how he needed to lighten up and have fun or something, and Gabe excused himself to pee followed by Jack. 

Jesse just grinned at me, and patted me on the back. "Want a drink, Kelsy-Welsy?" 

I winced, at the nickname and in remembering the last time I got wasted, but somehow ended up nodding, knowing it was the only way I'd have fun. Jesse seemed a bit too excited as he handed me an ice cold beer. "I thought you'd," Hiccup. "De-decline it, m-" Hiccup. "Man!" 

"No." I responded a bit to quickly as I popped the top and forced most of it down, noticing Jesse and a few other people cheering me on. I downed it and smiled, grabbing another. Although it was horrid, it would make me chill out.

_

"Hey, Kellin. Justin is looking for you, mate." Josh's thick English accent got my attention as I whipped around, almost smacking into him in the process. I giggled.

"Oopsies. Sorry, babe." I blurted through giggles, and the Englishman cracked a grin. 

"Jack told me you were an affection drunk. Sorry, Kellin. You know I'm taken, and so are you."

I scoffed. "Oh Joshy. Tell Oli to lay loose for a bit, huh? Or we could just not tell him." Hiccup. Giggle. "I'm kidding. Don't look so offended, Mr. I-Can't-Take-A-Joke." He laughed, shaking his head. 

"Joking or not, you better not fuck anyone at this party, Kell. Vic won't like that very much." 

"Oh fuck V-Vic. He's being mean to me." I pouted and he offered a confused look. "He d-ditched me. I don't know where he is. Oh, Josh, I'm so sad now." 

Josh sighed, and gave me a hug. "Maybe Justin can cheer you up then, hmm? Sorry, mate, I have to get back to Oli."

"Yeah, okay. Have so much fuck-fucking fun with your perfect English relationship and such."

With another chuckle, Josh pet my head and walked toward Oli as he watched him like his prey or something. Scoffing, I turned to find Justin, not wanting to stick around to watch them practically fuck each other on the dance floor. Because yeah, no, that's always awkward.

There were perks and disadvantages to having mostly all gay friends at one party. They were all so happily horny teenage boys who couldn't control their damn hormones when they had alcohol in their systems.

Everywhere I looked, I saw happy gay couple after happy gay couple. That Austin kid making out with that ginger, who may or may not be named Alan(didn't care to remember), on the couch. Then Alex Gaskarth practically fucking that Lebanese kid, Jack, against one of the walls. Then there was of course Josh and Oli, and usually myself and Vic.

Thinking about him blowing me off, I again scoffed aloud and continued on my quest to find Justin. And it didn't take long before I saw him looking exasperated at Jack, until he saw me. 

I couldn't really place the emotion on his face. Whether it was the alcohol or he just had an unreadable expression, I couldn't tell. But I sensed it wasn't good.

"Kellin!" He yelled over the music, stomping towards me. I had the sudden impulse to run away in the opposite direction, and almost did until I realized I was in a fucking apartment and he was guarding the door.

My eyes widened, and I went with my gut, shooting past him and out the door. Why I was scared and ashamed, I had no idea. I just knew I did something wrong and didn't want to face the consequences. 

But the alcohol made my coordination a bit off, so I stumbled and fell flat on my fucking face fell to the floor. I gave up, tired and uncaring, and just sort of laid there until I heard him sigh.

"Kellin, you're so weird." He stated, not jokingly or angry, more like a fact, and I rolled over reluctantly to face him the best I could from the floor. "Are you okay?"

"No." I muttered, trying to stand but failing, and he rushed to help me up.

He exhaled dramatically. "You know what happens when you drink a lot. It's dangerous and-"

"Incredibly stupid. I know, Justin. I know. But people were around. I wasn't going to go crazy insane crazy with the beer t-tonight." Hiccup. "P-promise."

As I hiccuped, he just rolled his eyes. "Why are you even drinking? I know you only drink when you're really-" He faked a hiccup, mockingly. "upset."

"I don't want to talk about it." 

Nodding, he gave me an unreadable look. "Well, you seem tired. We'll talk about it in the morning. I'm taking you back to my place."

I made a noise of protest as he picked me up, but soon fell limp against him, shutting my eyes and giving in to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long awaited so I had to make it good with lots of romance
Sorry for all of my Otp references, I had toooooo
Thanks for all who are commenting! <3
Comments produce sheepcats and recommendations produce rain, so it'd be awesome if you'd produce both so we could have some sheepcats in the rain.
...what's wrong with me...