Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

When It Works, It Works

Jaime's POV

My eyes shot open to the familiar sound of my alarm clock, and I growled trying to roll over and press snooze, only to be stopped by a body beside me. Smiling, I figured it was Tony until I remembered the fight, and noticed it wasn't Tony at all. 

The way I fit with the body clarified my beliefs, and memories flooded back of the night before. And at that, I smiled, but pulled away from him since I was cuddling majorly into him. He whined in protest. "Kellin!" He croaked in that familiar morning voice of his, and yeah, that hurt for some reason

"It's not Kellin. Wake the fuck up, Vic." I nudged him, unsure of why that made me so upset. Brushing it off, I stood and picked out some clothes for the day. 

"Jaime?" I heard him wonder aloud as I completed my outfit planning.

"Yep."

"Fuck." He mumbled. "I fell asleep, didn't I?"

"It's okay." I sighed, throwing him his favorite shirt of mine. "You can wear the skinny jeans you have on right now, and just wear that. I have a beanie you can wear too. But we have to go."

Vic smiled into the shirt and I sent him a funny look, waggling my eyebrows. "You remembered." Another funny look. "This is my favorite shirt. I used to wear this, like, every time I was at your house when..." He trailed off, looking up to smile at me. "You remembered."

I blushed, turning to hide my embarrassment. "Yeah, well, it's sort of hard not to, I mean..."

"I think it's sweet." He whispered, standing and walking to my bathroom. "You mind if I get changed in here?" 

"N-no. Go ahead." I mentally face-palmed as he left, and I pulled my prior pants off, slipping on a new pair of skinnies. As I slipped off my shirt, my mind wandered to last night.

"Uh," I heard a small voice behind me, turning around to greet a flustered looking Vic with a smile. 

"Yeah?"

"Um, I-I'm sorry. I didn't know you weren't finished changing." His eyes trailed awkwardly to the floor as my eyes widened at my bare chest. Resisting the urge to squeal and cover myself, I played it cool, shrugging it off.

"No big deal. We're both guys." I laughed awkwardly, hiding my discomfort as I grabbed the first sweatshirt I could find.

He cleared his throat and nodded, grabbing his shoes off the floor and throwing them on. I followed in suit, throwing on some chucks as well as his eyes met mine, and he smiled that heartbreaker smile once more that sent shivers down my spine.

It was unfair how attractive he was- always. When he first woke up, when he was all fixed up, when he was bumming it out. He always looked perfect, and it was unfair that I'd never look anywhere near as good as him. 

"That's probably why he cheated on me, you know." I told my best friend at the time, Tony. "He's everything, Kellin's everything, and I'm nothing."

"You know that's not true. And it's been months, Jaim. You need to get out. You need to forget about that asshole."

"But, Tony, I'm still in love with him. And it hurts, so fucking bad. He'll never feel the same because I'm not worth it."

"Listen," He placed a hand on my knee, those eyes shimmering. "Vic Fuentes is the one who is not worth it. If you could only see how perfect you are to everyone else but you."

"And to Vic. And you know what sucks? While I sit here and am constantly reminded how pathetic I am and fucking unworthy to have ever been within a foot of him, he'll be off, realizing how much of a waste of time I was. And I'll be here, wanting him back. I'll always want him back."


"Jaime, are you crying?" I snapped my head upwards to see Vic in front of me with a worried expression. 

I frowned. How long had I been zoned out?

"No, I'm just thinking. Shouldn't we be going?"

He sent me an uneasy look. "Yeah, I guess. Come on; I'll drive you." I faked a smile and stood, grabbing a beanie to cover up my bed head and following him out. 

The bitter cold nipped at whatever bear skin on me it could find and I shivered, walking the driveway to Vic's car, pulling at the sleeves of my hoodie. I heard Vic laughing and was reminded of the fact he loved the cold and welcomed it. "Still the same old Jaime. Aren't you glad you wore a hoodie? Especially the one I bought you for Christmas back when?"

My eyes widened as I looked down. Shit. 

"I-"

"Don't look so embarrassed. It's a fucking great hoodie." He complemented his own taste in clothing and slid into the driver's seat, and I went around to the passengers seat. "Just like old times, eh?"

"Oh shut the fuck up and drive."

-

Kellin's POV

"Morning!" Justin greeted way too happily as I cringed, not only because I wasn't a morning person, but the insane hangover was definitely contributing. "Oh, sorry." He frowned when he saw my displeasure in his mood. He was a morning person, and lacked a hangover. It wasn't fair.

"Yeah, be less perky and loud." I grumbled, sitting on a stool in front of him. 

"I'm not the one who drank last night. It was your fault."

"Whatever, just pass me the fucking bacon. What time is it anyway?"

"Around 10." He answered, monotone. "I figured you'd feel bad and want to stay home, so I didn't wake you up."

"Oh. Yeah, probably throwing a party on a Tuesday also wasn't the smartest thing ever. I'm sure plenty will be out today." I cracked a smile. "Speaking of, what are you doing staying home?"

"Figured you wouldn't want to be alone, especially at my house, so I just ditched as well. I picked out some movies to watch, too. Ibuprofen?"

Nodding, I shoved a few pieces of bacon in my mouth and accepted the pills, downing those as well. "Your mom's going to start thinking I'm a bad influence on you."

Justin smirked. "If she does, I'll tell her you told me if she ever said that, say 'fuck you, Mom'."

I laughed, instantly grabbing my head and shaking it. "Cause that'll help our case." 

"My mom loves you, Kell. You know that. Hell, when you told her you were gay I think she wanted me to be too so we'd go out and get married or some shit." He chuckled, turning off the shove and throwing the last of the bacon on the plate.

"Hey, I'm just waiting for the ring."

"Keep dreaming, lover boy."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sucky update because I can
I just updated 3 of my stories and was all, I can't wait to get a bunch of notifications! and then I got probably 3 comments from all of them combined. I was really sad too.
Oh well
It'd mean the world to me if you'd go check out my Jalex and Fuenciado stories, and comment on those and this. Maybe even recommend, I don't care. They just make me happy so I'd really appreciate and i may or may not post a more Tony/David if you do so
Oops