Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

We Can Make This Last

Vic's POV

The Wednesday was already going a bit slow for me when I realized I'd left my phone at Kellin's place, and had never showed up at the party. I inwardly cursed myself for being so careless when I first walked into the school doors, and excused myself from Jaime's side to go find Kellin.

But to my displeasure, looking for him only lead me to disappointment and a detention for being late again. So, I ended up staring at the menacing clock above my teacher's head all period, thinking of ways to dig myself out of the whole I'd created.

First I figured Kellin was just skipping because of the party, so I'd get him a surprise and tell Jaime I'd have to delay our finishing up the project a day. It sounded like a solid plan, so when the bell rang I immediately fell into step with Jaime and tapped his shoulder.

He turned around with a distant, yet happy look, and smiled warmly at me. "Vic, hey! What's up?"

I continued to walk beside him to his locker that was across the hall from mine, and cleared my throat. "I was wondering of I could get a rain-check on tonight. Reschedule it to tomorrow? We have most of it done, and we can finish it up Thursday night."

He looked thoughtful for a moment, tossing his books into his locker with a slightly disappointed glint in his eyes. Finally, he sighed and nodded. "Sure thing. But we still have to finish the presentation up, so be there early tomorrow?"

"No problem. I'll see you around."

He only smiled, heading off to his next class as I hurriedly got my books. I exhaled contently, praying everything would work out in my favor for once.

-

Jaime's POV

Hearing Vic's news surely disappointed me, but honestly, it was the least of my worries. My next class was the only one I shared with Tony, and I just didn't know how things would play out.

Holding my breath, I slipped quietly into the classroom as if trying to make myself invisible. Of course that didn't work, and soon my eyes met his. But instead of staring back at me with anger, Tony's eyes were clouded with guilt and confusion, and something sparked inside saying, he regrets the fight; things will be okay, as my heart lifted immediately.

I suddenly regretting ignoring his "we need to talk" message, and tried to cloud my excitement as I found a seat beside him. He rose an eyebrow, as if wondering why I was being all buddy-buddy with him, and I simply shrugged. "I don't want to fight anymore, babe."

"I-" He stopped, biting at his lip and for a second, inner turmoil flashed through. Before I could even begin to be worried, he spoke again. "Me either, Jaime."

His voice was weak and exhausted, and I guessed that he was still upset that he thought I was cheating. So I sighed, grabbing his hand and whispering as more people poured into the room. "You know you're the one I want, right? I don't want Vic, and I never cheated. I just want you. Is that so hard to believe?"

He gulped, looking down and I made out a tear sliding town his cheek as his cheeks turned rosy. "I-yes."

"I love you, Tony Perry. I love you so much. You're all I want, okay? Okay. Don't cry."

Tony just nodded and sniffled, soon the teacher stumbling in and the lesson starting, and we held hands all lesson.

-

Kellin's POV

"Kellin! Wait up!" I suppressed the happiness I felt from hearing his voice and remembered what he did last night, my agitated demeanor unwavering. Hearing him get closer, I walked faster and pushed through the school doors, headed to retrieve my make-up work. I'd been trying to be inconspicuous, but to no avail. He'd spotted me. "Kellin!"

I felt a hand lay on my shoulder, which, granted, scared me shitless frightened me a bit as I jumped. He forced me around to look at him, and at my shocked expression he sent me an apologetic smile. I only scoffed, tapping my foot. "What do you want, Vic?"

He grimaced at my exasperated tone. "I- I'm sorry. Something came up and... I'm sorry. Will you stop being mad at me so I can tell you the surprise?"

I tried to hide the bit of excitement that flickered through my eyes, but that obviously didn't work since I noticed his grin widening. "Go on."

"I got us tickets to see this local band. Granted, they aren't famous yet, but I heard some of their stuff and they're pretty good. Alex's band, you know. And I know you like that kind of stuff, so..."

He trailed off, and I bit my lip, struggling to contain my elated mood. "Y-yeah. Alright. That sounds fun."

He smirked at me, placing a hand on my cheek as my breath caught. "Don't lie to me, Kells. I know you're excited." He whispered, pecking me on the lips before biting his own and then walking away.

I exhaled sharply, wondering if I should have been more difficult but the thought of him was enough to cloud that over and give me butterflies. So with a goofy grin, I strolled into the office and grabbed my work, thinking about how incredibly fucking sexy Vic looked today.

I decided that yeah, I'd never get used to how gorgeous he truly was.

With a gleeful stride, I made my way to my car to go home and work on the hard part. Finding an outfit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this was okay asdfghjkl
I just really like where this story is going
Tell your friends? I'm having writers block and comments give me inspiration<3
Plus they just make me smile
Any guesses on who the band is? ;)