Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

How Could I Have Burned Paradise?

Tony's POV

"Baby, you need to calm down."

David repeated it again, and again, and by now I was sick of hearing it.

"How am I supposed to calm down, Dave? He could be hurt, or dead." I squeezed my eyes shut at the thought, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I can't calm down."

"Can you just try?" Dave offered, laying his hand on the small of my back and I immediately whipped around to glare at him.

His mouth agape, I only clenched my teeth. "Don't fucking touch me right now."

He looked hurt, his eyes widening in shock, though I felt no remorse. Displays of affection in Jaime's room? Not my thing.

Nevertheless, he went from hurt to just upset, slumping down on Jaime's bed and pouting, and if I was honest with myself he was really pissing me off.

Granted, he looked really guilty when Jaime took off, and even offered to give me some space when I wanted to go talk to him. At the time, I thought I'd be more comfortable if he came with me. But now that it was an hour after I'd seen him last, and I'd been at his house for at least a half hour, him being here made me feel more guilty.

As of now, though, he was staring at the floor, his arms crossed and lips set in a pout, and it was irritating. Did he take it so lightly that Jaime obviously wasn't okay because of us?

I simply laughed at him, gaining his attention.

"I don't see what's so funny." He stated pointedly, tightening his arms around himself.

I scowled, shaking my head. "You. It's hilarious you think you have the right to pout. Jaime could be dead for all I know-"

"He isn't." David interrupted, and my jaw set.

"You don't fucking know him. He's... He's fragile-"

"What are you talking about?"

"David, please. You don't understand."

"Then help me understand."

His eyes narrowed, and I almost laughed at how oblivious he was.

"For all I know," I began, my voice cracking and his eyes immediately softened. "This could've been the last straw. And he could've committed fucking suicide, or be debating it. He's... He's attempted it before... Something happened to Jaime that Vic didn't even know about. He's only told me and, it fucked him up. But he's been doing better and we just ruined it. God, he doesn't even remember it. What if this jolted his memory? God, we just ruined everything-"

"I-Tony, if you're saying you regret this-"

"I do." I spit through clenched teeth, my eyes boring into his hurt ones as I watched him crumble in front of me. If it were any other time, I'd be wrapping my arms around him to make that look go away, but at the moment I was so angry with myself, and him.

I'd done everything I said I'd never do. I'd hurt the most perfect, yet broken person I'd ever met, and I hated myself for it.

And it infuriated me that David didn't see this.

"I-" He finally choked out, a tear running down his cheek. "This- this is just as much your doing as mine. Don't fucking b-blame me for this. You weren't complaining when we were fucking behind your boyfriend's back."

"David-"

"No, you need to hear this. I loved you first, before Jaime even came into the picture. But it's always been Jaime. And I was stupid to think you'd care about me enough to end things with him. So I was stupid and selfish and wanted you then, so I thought if I was patient, I'd be enough for you."

David swallowed hard, trying to swallow the tears no doubt, while I felt my eyes sting.

"But in return, all I did was help you cheat on a great guy because we were both jealous. You never fucking loved me and you never will. You'll always love Jaime, deep down, even though you fuck with him enough so it's hard to see it. But you do. But guess what, Tony? Jaime will always love Vic. And I'm so fucking glad, because you deserve to feel the pain we both do right now. You are just like Vic, and honestly, you're fucking disgusting."

And just like that, choking back sobs, David stood and bolted out of the room, leaving me to drop to my knees in complete agony. My heart felt like it was going to rip out of my chest, because everything David said was completely true.

I felt my body shake, and at that moment I wanted to turn back time to when Jaime was still mine, before he and Vic reunited. I wanted the good times back, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

And it certainly didn't help when a sheepish "Why are you still in my house?" was heard from the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update one of three
This chapter sucked but it's more or less just filling in drama
This story is fucking crazy omg