Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

I Can't Live With Myself So Stay With Me Tonight

Vic's POV

"Jaime! Jaime, are you here?" I screamed into my best friend's house, a wide-eyed Mike trailing behind. "Jaime!"

"Vic, calm down. You're acting crazy." I scoffed, yelling his name again and looking around. It was obvious I needed to know the truth. "You-You don't want to scare him. Tony was probably bluffing-"

Mike stopped as a confused, fresh from sleep Jaime rushed down the stairs eyeing me strangely as he tilted his head. My expression washed away from frantic to a mixture of hurt, guilt, and anger as he shot a look at Mike.

"Vic? Mike? What's going on?" He asked cautiously, shifting from foot to foot. My eyes simply shot to his sweatshirt covered arms as Mike opened and closed his mouth.

"Vic, maybe we should go or-"

"Go home, Mike. This is between Jaime and I."

Mike scoffed, shaking his head. "You can't just corner him like this and-"

"Home!" I yelled backward, watching his face shift. He rarely said no to me. I supposed it was my position of older brother, but it come in handy at times, like this one.

Mike sent an apologetic look to Jaime as he walked out of the house as I heard him crank up the car, ignoring the fact he only had his learner's and he was now driving our car home, meaning I'd walk.

But some part of me hoped to whatever was up there that Tony was lying, and tonight would be filled with relief and Toy Story.

And the other part knew that wouldn't happen.

Jaime eyed me strangely, which would have been adorable any other time but right now, all I could think about was what could be under those sleeves.

"Vic, wh-what's going on? You look hurt. Did, did someone do something? Tony? I-"

"Don't worry about that right now." I whispered as calmly as possible but as I took a few steps towards him, he started to look frightened. Letting out a shaky breath I didn't know I'd been holding, I took one last forward until we were about a foot apart. "I need to know, Jaime."

"Wha-"

"Tony told me something. Can- Did you-?"

Jaime looked petrified and confused as he shook his head. "He's probably lying to make us fight. Vic, I-"

With a shake of my head I simply grabbed his arm and pulled up his sleeve without warning. He yelped and tried to pull away, but I was too strong and was able to flip his arm over to see countless scars, and what's worse, some were fresh.

"P-please." He whispered, trying to pull his arm away, but I was simply frozen to the spot. "Please, Vic. Let go. You're h-hurting me."

"You hurt yourself." I hissed, throwing his arm back at him. "That's so... Stupid! Why the fuck-"

"I'm sorry! I was in pain! I didn't know what else to do!"

"How about get over it? Move on? Not fucking cut yourself. Attempt... suicide." I spit, like it was acid on my tongue. "And if you were in pain, why would you put yourself in more pain?"

I hadn't realized it up until now, but we were both crying, Jaime a bit more than me as he was quick to cover up his arm.

"Maybe I felt like I deserved it." Jaime finally whispered, his eyes downcast as guilt hit me like a wave. How could me yelling at him help anything?

"Jaime-"

"Just leave, Vic."

"But-"

"Now. Get the fuck out of my house!" He yelled, taking a step forward to push me back, and only then could I see the pain in his eyes. "Leave me the fuck alone!"

"Jaime, wait. Please."

"You fucked me up enough two years ago! It's... it's your fault, so fucking leave!"

He was screaming at me now, sobbing as he pushed me into the door. Wiping my eyes a bit, I turned the handle and left, every intention of getting piss drunk and forgetting everything tonight.

I needed to forget what I'd done to Jaime Preciado, and I needed to forget that I was the one who had to fix it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow this chapter sucks
oops
I'm sorry I'm so shit and this is so shit and this story is so shit
I'm really losing hope on it so I hope you guys aren't
I really feel like a failure and that I should stop writing all together lol woops