Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

I'll Close My Eyes And Dream Of Days When I Wasn't All Alone

Jaime's POV

I stared at the blade on my night stand with disgust, honestly too tired of this to give in to my want. Being weak in turn lead me to having all these hideous scars, and blaming Vic for it. But really, how could it be Vic's fault?

He never brought this on. It was my own stupidity, and it was unfair to blame him.

I sighed, glancing longingly at my phone. It was times like these when I wished Tony was still my boyfriend and Vic was still my friend, or at least that's what I told myself.

Honestly, it was times like this when I missed when Vic was mine, and things were happy and easy, and percect. Images began playing out, memories unfolding like pages uncovering their hidden contents with a simple crease being disturbed.

And if I was honest, I didn't mind it.

Especially one that stuck out. That particular one was when we first starting showing signs of interest in each other.

"You're an asshole, Vic. I hate you." I muttered, my eyes saying the exact opposite as we sat cross legged on my bed, playing video games.

He hummed, completely his kill and sending my character down in a pool of its own blood, cheering victoriously.

"That's the problem, Jaim." Vic finally said smugly. "I don't think you do."

"Yeah." I agreed, putting on my best pout as he aw'd out loud.

"Fuck, I can't deny that pout. It needs to go." He stated pointedly, pushing me playfully as I kept it, shaking my head. "Maybe," he whispered, something in his eyes shifting and giving me a weird, yet nice feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I gasped inwardly as he closed his eyes and ducked in, placing a soft, innocent kiss to my pout and in turn, making it go away. Quickly, he pulled away though, his cheeks tinted red as he bit his lip, and I was still shocked, my lips tingling as I tilted my head a bit.

He only chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "I-uh, I knew that would get rid of it." Vic tried reasoning falsely, sending me an unsure glance, as if I would call him disgusting or something. I only smiled though, turning back to the tv. "Yeah, uh- don't think this will make me take it easy on you, though. I'm still going to kick your ass in this game."


I bit my lip at the thought, suddenly a more painful one coming to my memory.

"You look nice." Vic whispered to me from behind, and with red, puffy eyes I studied my boyfriend from the mirror.

No, he looked nice. I looked like I'd been crying for hours and couldn't even find a good tux for the occasion, were as he was wearing skinny jeans with a tuxedo jacket and white undershirt, even a tie to match. His hair looked as perfect as usual, his hat missing as he took a step towards me, frowning.

"S-so do you." I replied lamely for loss of words, my voice cracking slightly from the post-crying groggy tone.

My boyfriend only sighed, taking a few more steps forward and wrapping his strong arms around my waist with such gentleness and understanding that made me shut my eyes and let out the shaky breath I was unaware that I was holding. Trying to hold in the tears, I only settled into his embrace, letting him rest his head on my shoulder.

"Baby," Speaking so quietly I could barely hear him, he placed his lips softly to my neck. "I know how hard your cousin passing must be, even though you weren't the closest. Just know I'm here for you, because I love you, and I'll be there today, with you all the way."

I only sniffled, burying myself self-consciously into him. "But some kids at school will be there. And they might see us and-"

"And they'll just think I know him, and or am comforting you. They think I'm dating Kellin, so..." He trailed off, pushing his nose softly into my neck and blowing out. "I honestly don't care. I want to be there for you. You're my boyfriend, and I love you."

At this, I sighed, not having the energy to talk about it anymore, my eyes sill closed as he rocked me back and forth. "I still can't believe he's gone."

"I know. And, we'll get through this together."


I wiped at my eyes, refusing to remember how I'd found out months later he was cheating on me then and dwelling on the good times, only the sound of my phone vibrating snapping me back into reality.

Groaning, I picked it up and unlocked it, smiling half-heartedly at the text and who it was from.

Get your sexy, distant ass over here, Mr. Preciado. I'm making spaghetti, and I'll make you a soy taco or something I guess. Whatever. Fuck this, fuck you, fuck me. I miss you, and I'm all alone at Mike's. Come keep me company?
-Paula Dean


I laughed at Alex's text, clicking reply as I made some joke about her vegetarian and Italian tendencies, but agreeing as I grabbed my jacket. Maybe a little relaxation is just what I needed. Knowing her, though, we'd end up watching mean girls, talking about forever 21, and afterwards her making some joke about how gay I was.

Then me making some joke about fucking her boyfriend.

And that's what our idea of fun, I guess.

Grinning to myself, I bundled out the door and tried not to laugh at her reply.

Good, because mean girls is recorded and I've been dying for a reason to watch it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you guys
I love you guys
I love you guys
I love you guys
I hate myself
I love you guys