Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

It's The Motion In Our Blood

Jaime's POV

"Fuck, Fuentes, I'm going to marry your girlfriend." I mumbled, my mouth full of spaghetti as I sent Mike a look of bliss. He only laughed, chucking his spoon at me and rolling his eyes fondly as I pouted, rubbing the spot on my arm where he hit.

Alex giggled from where she was sitting. "Don't worry, Mike. I'm pretty sure he prefers his housewives to have a dick."

I blushed, awkwardly chuckling as Mike feigned disgust. "Gross, man. Keep your sexual preferences to talk about after dinner or something."

"Whatever." Sticking my tongue out, I poked at my food a little, my brain snapping back to earlier as Vic filled thoughts arose. I wondered where he was, and if he was okay for that matter. Truth be told, I was feeling really guilty.

And as Mike spoke up again, starting a conversation with Alex about how he broke another one of his drumsticks that morning, my mind wandered a bit.

"Jaime, come here. I want to show you something."

Vic, my best friend for years, sat with a grin plastered to his face and his guitar perched on his lap, patting the seat beside him. With a smile matching his, I grabbed my guitar and joined him as he tapped his fingers against his guitar anxiously.

"Okay," he began. "Tell me what you think and be honest."

I sat anxiously waiting as Vic started strumming, sending me a nervous and weary smile as I mentally prepared myself. Every time he sang around me, my mouth would usually fall open, and that probably wasn't attractive.

But who could blame me? Vic had the voice of an angel.

And then, he began to sing, and I hate to bite my lip to prevent a fangirl-like squeal.

"These midnight masquerades are still strong in their chains, their chains. It's the motion in our blood that has since ran out of love, and it's so hard when we've wasted all our youth, on you."

He stopped, opening an eye to observe my response, which was me wide-eyed at a loss for words.

"Wait for the same moon. We were smoking on a cold day's afternoon in the same, in the same fire, we'll soon untie. When it's over the scenes fall in two. When it's over the sun will be back for you, for you."

Vic stopped singing and strumming simultaneously, eyeing me hesitantly before I just let out a small gasp, and for loss of what to do, playfully punching him in the arm. He drew back, chuckling and rubbing his arm where I'd hit it.

"Well, fuck, Jaime, if it was that bad, you could've just said so. The punching was unnecessary."

"No!" I shouted, smacking him again. "That was...fuck. Holy shit. You're going to be famous. You're-... Fuck. Holy shit. Fuck. Vic, that was amazing."

Vic's eyes shimmered with pride as his cheeks tinted red, him sitting his guitar by his side with a small smile. "Well, what can I say. With you around, I don't know. I get so...inspired." I blushed, smacking at him again. "Ow! Shit, Jaim, you're going to have to learn how to express emotion, man. This is getting out of hand."

I laughed, sitting beside him and letting my head rest on his. "Teach me the chords. We can play it together."

He only smiled, nudging his nose against me. "Your wish is my command, Preciado."


A small knock at the door shook me from my daydream, and a bit of hope told me 'Vic' as I jumped up, surprising the other two at the table.

"Uh, I-I'll get it." I stuttered, making my way over to the door a bit slower than I would have wanted, turning the knob quickly and slinging it open.

But Vic wasn't at the door.

Nor anyone else I would've expected in a million years, although maybe that's an exaggeration.

But there Kellin Quinn stood, looking as perfect as ever but with a confused, sad, yet blank expression on his face. When he noticed it was in fact me, he crossed his arms rather self-consciously over his stomach, his eyes darting to the ground.

"Uh," I began, not really sure what to say as the boy in front of me wiped at his eyes a little, and that's when I realized he was crying, and he obviously had been for a while.

"I'm- I'm sorry. Is Vic here? I've been calling him and he hasn't answered and I really need him right now and-" he stopped, sniffling and taking a step back. "Nevermind, I don't want to interrupt..."

My stomach twisted violently as I realized what was really going on. Kellin needed his boyfriend, and no one knew where he was because of me.

"I- no. He took off earlier and left his phone. He- We don't know where he went. I'm just visiting Alex..." I trailed off, biting my lip.

"Oh." Kellin whispered, backing up a bit more. "I'm sorry to bother you then. I-If you see him, tell him to call me, please?"

I nodded, and with that confirmation he turned around and began walking away. At this, on any other day I would've let him walk away and felt guilty instead. But today, I felt nothing but sadness for Kellin.

All jealousy seemed to melt away as I saw how broken he seemed, and how upset he was. So, against my better judgement, I called after the guy who I had envied and loathed for two years and made sure he couldn't walk away, just yet.

"Why don't you come inside? It's too cold out here, and too late to be walking around alone. We have extra dinner and, why don't you just stay here and wait for Vic?"

Kellin's lips twitched up into a half-hearted smile as he took a step forward, scratching at his arm awkwardly. "Um, okay. Th-thanks, Jaime. That'd be great."

"Great. Now come on. I think the game's on, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, hi. I hope this chapter was okay
Jaime you're so sweet
Okay so I'm sorry if I got any of the lyrics wrong but omg that song
The title is also the song in the story
Woo
Also, check out my new story please please
Right here: It's called Raised In The Valley
It's a Fransykes and it also has Jalex and Smatkins, Fuenciado and Kellic and many more and I'm really excited about it. It's my favorite and I really want more readers so please please