Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Thank You For This

Kellin's POV

I sat in the warmth of Vic's house, offering a small wave to Mike and Alex with the spare hand I wasn't using to hold my hot chocolate. "Goodnight, guys."

"Goodnight." Alex smiled, intertwining her fingers in Mike's before trailing behind him up the stairs, leaving Jaime and I alone. I sighed, knowing it'd be awkward and now missing the slight comfort of a larger crowd, knowing I could easily make myself less noticeable.

Alas, now Mike and Alex were off to bed, and I was now sitting in my boyfriend's living room, sipping hot chocolate with his ex. Sounded like a recipe for disaster, if you asked me, even if Jaime was being nothing but sweet to me.

"I swear, that girl never goes home." Jaime spoke up, causing me to choke on a bit of my drink in shock, but thankfully he didn't notice. "I bet her parents get worried she's been kidnapped or something."

"Y-yeah." I began awkwardly, setting down my mug with a cough, my brain spinning for something else to add. "Vic told me she's always around, but I think it's cute. Mike really loves her, and I think she really loves him."

"That she does." Jaime agreed, shaking his head fondly. "Those two are going to get married one day."

"We should give them, like, a couple name."

"Alex is way ahead of you. She's dead set on Malex."

I laughed, Jaime joining in shortly after. "That's cute. I bet she's already given you and Tony a ship name, too."

Jaime's face changed at this, and my heart immediately rose to my throat. Oh god, they must be fighting. Or broken up. Maybe that's why he's here. Oh god, I screwed up. Is he going to punch me? Oh god.

But, being the care-free guy he was, he only shrugged. "She tried Jony, or Perciado, but those suck." He let out a breathless chuckle. "I don't think we need to worry about that anymore, though."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. What happened?" I mentally face-palmed after this, cursing my nosy habits, but before I could take it back, he sighed.

"Tony cheated on me." He stopped, a pained expression washing over his once smiling face, and I was already missing his grin. Searching for words, I began opening and closing my mouth. It was times like these I wished I was better at comforting people.

"Jaime, I'm-"

"No. Don't. It's alright." He assured, sighing and wiping at his eyes a little, laughing half-bitterly. "I seem to be crying way too easily nowadays."

I laughed too, albeit a bit awkwardly. His openness was shocking, I thought, as I sat twiddling my thumbs, but I honest to God felt bad for him, so I wanted to help. "You- You know you don't deserve it, right, Jaime? You're a great guy who's just been dealt a shit hand, yet you always see the bright side. It's endearing, really."

"Thank you, Kellin. I really appreciate it."

And before I could stop myself, word vomit happened.

"If you don't mind me asking, who did he cheat with? ... Oh god, oh god, I didn't mean to-"

"No. It's alright." Smiling sadly, he shook his head. "His best friend, David Schmitt. I probably should've saw it coming, but I didn't, you know? I trusted him, and I really believed him when he said he'd never hurt me the way Vic did..."

I wanted to cry.

For the two years I'd been with Vic, I'd never really noticed how fucking disgusting it was of me to do this to such a good guy. I always figured that it was okay because I at first had no idea he wasn't single. It made me sick to see the same guy now, the same thing happening to him all over again.

All I could think was that fucking prick.

Again? Really? Hurt him like that again?

"It's really alright, though." Jaime said uneasily, noticing the way my face was changing. I probably looked like I wanted to kill someone, which I did.

"No it's not! It's-"

"Kellin, let it be. It's over now." He whispered, almost looking desperate as he offered a fake smile. My face fell in guilt. I had no reason to deny him of that. "Now, tell me why you were crying? You don't have to, I just figured-"

"No, it's okay." I smiled a bit remorsefully as I remembered the reason I was here in the first place. "You know Justin Hills? He's... he's my best friend, and he was in a car accident. He's alive but he was injured, p-pretty bad. He has to go through surgery and.. And they made me leave I-"

I tried to choke back a sob, but that didn't work. Jaime immediately reached out and took me in his arms, giving my shoulders a squeeze before whispering a few 'shh's and 'its okay's.

Although I probably shouldn't have, I took comfort in Jaime. Burying my head in his chest, I just cried and let out all of my frustrations.

I was angry. Why wasn't Vic here to comfort me, instead of his ex-boyfriend for fuck's sake? And why was Justin in the hospital instead of his parents? Maybe that was rude, but they were fine. Only Justin took any of the impact.

But mostly, I was angry at myself. Because I was whining while Jaime was going through something unbelievable, yet here he was, comforting the guy who his boyfriend cheated on him with.

"W-why are you being so nice to me?" I finally asked between sniffles, looking down at our feet instead of at him, although I could feel his eyes on me. "I mean, you should hate me, right? I-"

"Kellin," he began in a whisper. "I don't hate you, nor do I blame you. I'm being nice to you because I don't see you as the guy my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with. I see you as someone who needs a friend, and right now, I think I do too."

"Thanks, Jaime." I smiled, giving him a tight hug before letting out a yawn.

"Tired?" He grinned. "Lay down here. I'll go get you a blanket and pillow. You can sleep until Vic gets here."

"What time is it?"

"Around 10."

I yawned again, stretching and nodding. "Okay. What are you going to do?"

"Probably watch Toy Story." He chuckled, throwing a pillow at me as I caught it before it hit my face.

"Cheeky bastard." I smirked, taking the blanket from his hands with a nod. "Thank you again, by the way."

And we both knew that wasn't for the blanket and pillow.

"It's no problem really, Kellin. I swear."

"But it meant a lot to me. You're a really amazing guy."

Jaime chuckled, ruffling my hair before taking a seat beside me. "Tell me something I don't know, Bostwick."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I wrote this three days ago but I've been so busy
Please please comment
I've been getting less and less and it's making me really sad
Also we're more than half way through with this story
Tear tear
By the end, if I have 300 comments, I'll do a sequel
OOPS