Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

I'm Awaked With Mistakes

Vic's POV

Drinking and driving was a stupid idea.

Correction, drinking and driving was a horrendously idiotic, terrible idea.

My head was pounding, and even with the quarts of bitter substance that was supposed to melt away all my problems except for the burning in my throat, all I could think of was what happened earlier. I'd fucked up so bad.

My brain conjured up his arms, feeling like an all too clear memory and making my eyes sting wildly. The thought soon felt like a reality as I forgot I was driving and felt as if I was standing in front of him, observing his arms.

Oh, what a waste of a perfectly good, clean wrist.

What's worse was I remembered how the scars felt as I pulled up the secretive cotton sleeves to reveal them, and my finger tips brushed against those sinful wounds. How the fresh ones felt, rough yet burning hot, feeling like lava to my senses. And how they looked, oh, the image was burned into my guilt-submerged brain.

Also, probably even worse, how he looked. Ashamed. Disgusted with himself. He resembled a scolded child, remorseful and silent but eyes begging please don't be mad at me.

As my thoughts rampaged, the sound of a horn snapped my mind back to reality as I swerved back to my side of the road and okay, no more drinking and driving for me, ever again. Sighing breathlessly from my near death experience, I was rather happy to see I was minutes from home.

Maybe I could sleep it off, and fix things tomorrow. The only problem was this could in fact be considered procrastinating, but really, it was two in the morning and I'd been out getting wasted since four that earlier afternoon.

That realization brought my attention to fuck, my brother was probably worried sick. I wondered if he told our parents, although what could they really do? They worked all day long and when they gave us a chance to talk to them, they were usually so tired they could probably pass out.

We really loved our parents, though. Mike and I knew the extra hours and jobs were only an obligation because they wanted to give us the best life possible, and they were only working especially hard now because they were going to soon pay for my university. Although, that was much to my displeasure. But really, what could I do? A job at McDonalds wouldn't pay for my college, and that's all I could do really.

Oh, the lovely joys of growing up.

Sarcastically chuckling, I rolled my eyes (which may or may not have taken incredible effort to get right, considering all the alcohol in my system) and with a weary smile, I pulled into my driveway. Well, at least I made it home alive.

As soon as I had parked, I stumbled out of my car, feeling some of the affects of my drunkenness beginning to wear off. Great. Soon I'd have a hangover the size of Texas.

Grumbling low in my throat at the thought, I made my way to the door, albeit a bit sluggishly, before creaking it open, only seeing it being too well lit and being greeted with the sound of Toy Story. I smiled inwardly. It was as if Jaime was sitting in my living room, watching-

Oh.

Of course, I was greeted with said boy I'd been trying to forget all evening as he sat crossed-legged on my couch, his eyes weary but focused, almost determined. Although he was too submerged in indulging himself in his favorite movie to notice me, I noticed him. I noticed hat he was tired but wouldn't sleep because he was waiting for something, like a little kid on Christmas.

And he was waiting for me.

Before I could open my mouth to greet him I noticed something else strange. Another boy, draped across the other couch with a light snore passing through his lips, his black hair a mess and that definitely wasn't Mike.

Oh.

It was only my fucking boyfriend, and all I could think was what the fucking fuck.

Jaime's head snapped around, surprised and hopeful, and shit, I must have actually vocalized that.

"Vic..." He breathed, his voice groggy and actually kind of sexy as he smiled wearily. "You're home."

"Y-yeah. Hi."

His face shifted then as he frowned, noticing something else. "You're drunk." He stated, not even questioning. I meekly nodded, ducking my head. "I don't know why I'm surprised. You always drink."

"Only when I have a lot of issues."

"And you make them worse by drinking late." He pointed out, standing and offering a pitying look.

"Yeah but um..." My eyes shot to Kellin, and Jaime followed my eyes, a look of understanding and sadness being directed at me.

"Oh. He came over a bit earlier, and he wanted to see you. I had come over before that to hang out with Alex so I- well, he was upset so I couldn't turn him away. He spent the rest of the afternoon here, and he was tired but wanting to see you, so I told him I'd wake him when you came."

"Wait..." I spoke up, speech slightly slurred. "He was upset? Why?"

"I think you should hear that from him but, don't wake him up now as much as he told me to do so. He just stopped having nightmares and-"

"Oh." I interrupted, walking over to the couch and kneeling beside him, my fingers running through his hair. I never knew he had nightmares. "It's okay, baby. I'm here." Whispering to his sleeping form, I couldn't help but smile. Kellin was really cute.

But my breath caught when I felt a hand on my shoulder, and Jaime kneeled beside me, and I tried willing away the thoughts that screamed but he's not Jaime.

"You really care about him, don't you?" He spoke softly, his eyes filled with an indistinguishable emotion.

"I-" I thought about it. Yes, I cared about him. But did I love him? Was he my one true love? I didn't know. I didn't want to think about it really. "I don't know, Jaime. I mean I care about him, but I just don't know. I'm confused."

"But he's changed you-"

"No, Jaime." I corrected quietly. "My mistakes changed me."

We sat there like that for a moment before his arms wrapped around my torso, and just like that, all my worries melted away as I felt his breath on my neck. "Definitely for the better."

"You think so?"

"I do. You're the old Vic again." He grinned, before trying to stifle a yawn and failing.

"Mmm." I mumbled, yawning too. "Your yawns are contagious. I think soon I'm going to take after Kellin in passing the fuck out. "

"Me too. I better go home. I just wanted to stay and... And see if we were okay, I guess."

"No." I begged, turning around to face him and wanting to cry when our noses were practically touching. "Don't go. Of course we're fine. Besides, three people can sleep in my bed."

"Fine. Only if I can sleep next to your sexy boyfriend."

"Shut the fuck up, Preciado." I warned jokingly, picking up Kellin with ease and making sure to cocoon the duvet around him.

"He could be like the white filling in one incredibly sexy mexican Oreo."

"Like the vanilla kind?"

"Precisely." He smirked, trailing up the stairs after me.

"Whatever. As long as you don't rape either one of us."

"You'd think I'd do that?" Jaime feigned shock with mock offense as I laid Kellin in the middle of the bed, us both sliding in beside him. I could practically hear him still grinning, even though I couldn't see him in the dark of the room. "I'm appalled you'd accuse me of such a thing."

"Wouldn't put it past you, babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
So hi
I wrote this because I got around twenty comments in like less than twelve hours
I love you all omfg
So I hope it's alright