Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Stay With Me

Vic's POV

I nibbled my lip, staring at the contact name on the screen. "Jaimito" was in text at the top, followed by his number and email, and I silently cursed myself for not changing the name. In fact, I really had no idea why I didn't, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was that I couldn't fail Biology this year, Jaime or no Jaime. So against my own will, I clicked "call" and had to bite my tongue to keep from cursing. 

To say I was nervous could quite possibly be the understatement of the year. 

At the third ring, I could hear a click and my heart just about stopped. "Hello?"

My thoughts swarmed wildly in my head. I didn't want to do this. All I could do was sit there in shock that he answered his phone for me; I wasn't expecting it. My brain ceased to remember my many years of learning the English (and Spanish for that matter) language, and I felt like my chest was going to explode.

"Um, hello?" He repeated, and I could make out a thin trace of annoyance as I finally choked out a cough. This was stupid.

"Oh uh h-hi." I stammered, practically forcing the words out and begging my brain to function correctly. 

"Vic?" Oh no. He's going to hang up. He's going to yell at me and tell me to fuck off. He's- 

"Who is it?" Came from the distance, and as the sound hit my ears, I subconsciously balled a fist.

"It's Vic, I think. Shh, Tony."

"Yeah, it's Vic." I composed myself quickly, using the anger to help. Being pissed off always helps, or so I'd learned. "Listen, I'm just calling about the project and yeah, I need to know what's your preference on it or whatever." I talked without pause so I wouldn't have time to think or over-analyze, but it came off a little bit more harsh than I intended.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I'll do all the work, you can take half the credit. I don't care."

"No!" Biting my lip, I tried to tone down my protesting enthusiasm. "I mean, I can't do that. Can't we just, meet in the library tomorrow? Talk about it? I can tell your busy..." 

The spite in my voice was obvious as I heard him scoff. "Yeah, I am. Okay, fine, we'll talk then." 

Click.

And just like that, he was gone again. I threw my phone at the wall with a groan, ignoring the text from Kellin and just placed my head in my hands. "I fucking hate everything. I hate Jaime. I hate his whore boyfriend. I hate myself. I hate biology. I fucking hate penguins." 

"Do you hate me?" 

Practically falling off of my bed in shock, I looked up to see Kellin studying me with furrowed eyebrows before giggling a bit. "Goddammit piss fuck, Kellin, you scared the shit out of me."

"I'm sorry! I sent you a text saying I'd be right up." He looked down to see my phone, a large crack now visible from where I'd thrown it too hard. "But, I see you didn't get it."

I chuckled, putting my head back in my hands. "Should've went with Nokia." 

He snorted, and I looked up to see him observing my cracked phone with pursed lips and raised eyebrows. "Well," Handing it to me, he smiled warmly at the ground before meeting my eyes. "Looks like someone needs some cheering up."

"You know what cheers me up? Sex." I winked at him, but he just rolled his eyes. 

"Fine. You bottom."

My eyes widened. "Nevermind."

"You're such a pussy."

"No, you are. That's why you bottom."

"I'm not complaining."

"Whore." He feigned hurt, his lip quivering slightly.

"That hurt my feelings, Vic." 

"I'm sorry, baby. Would cuddling make you feel better?"

He nodded, still pouting as I made grabby hands at him, and he joined me on the bed. Flipping on the television just for the constant lull of comforting background noise, I threw the remote down and wrapped my arms around Kellin's petite frame, sighing contently as he snuggled closer to me.

"Hey, Vic?" Kellin whispered, looking up at me. 

"Mmm?" I responded in a mumble, giving his waist a little, tired squeeze.

"How do you say 'I want to spend eternity with you and nobody else' in Spanish?"

I smiled, pretending to have to think about it before looking back down into his eyes. "Quiero tener sexo contigo." 

Kellin raised an eyebrow. "Quiero tener sexo contigo." He tried to mimic. "Like that?"

"No, you actually just said you wanted to have sex with me." I smirked, obviously amused.

"Fuck you, asshole." 

I laughed, holding him tighter in my arms. "I'm only kidding, Kell."

"Tell me." Kellin whined, closing his eyes.

 Placing a kiss to his ear, I continued. "Quiero pasar la eternidad con usted y nadie más."

_

"Vic!" I jumped awake, looking around confused until I heard a knock on the door. "Bro, unlock your door. I need to get to the bathroom."

I'd forgotten about the fact that I had to share most of my toiletries with my (slightly annoying) 16-year-old brother, and regardless of the fact we were only two years apart, we couldn't be more different.

"Coming!" Once I'd opened my eyes, I had to stifle a scream because a pair of striking grayish-blue ones were staring back at me, going from confused and sleepy to alert and aware in record time.

"Vic!" 

"Hold on, dammit." I called back, pointing to the closet. Kellin gulped and obeyed, struggling across the floor with a bed-sheet wrapped around his waist into the closet, and I threw on some boxers, headed for the door.

I unlocked it and sighed at him, gesturing to the bathroom, and he smiled at me before walking to the center of my bedroom, raising an eyebrow at Kellin's clothes that laid scattered about. 

Fuck.

He smirked and headed towards the bathroom. "Thanks." Opening the door, he looked over his shoulder. "And hey, Kellin? You can come out of the closet whenever you'd like." 

I widened my eyes. "How did you-"

"First of all, I know everything. Second of all, I'm pretty sure 'Holy fuck, oh my god Kellin' wasn't coming from your television last night." I blushed. "Thirdly, your room smells like sex, there's clothes scattered, and I can hear Kellin's fear from out here. And lastly, I've known you were gay years before you told me or our parents. So with that, I leave you and Kellin and beg you to keep it down next time, really killed the mood for Alex and I last night."

Slam.

Kellin bursted out laughing, stumbling out of the closet and falling to the floor. "Oh- oh my god. We're so good at this hiding-our-sex-life-from-your-family thing."

"Oh shut up and get dressed. We have school to go to."

"Whatever." Kellin smiled, wiggling into his skinny jeans. "Pick me up around 8?" 

"Sure thing, babe."

He gave me a small peck on the cheek before striding out, and I sighed, going into the bathroom to freshen up.

Once I'd finished, I on a tank top and a flannel, a pair of my favorite skinnies, and some chucks before throwing a beanie on my shower hair since I couldn't be bothered to fix it, and headed downstairs seeing Alex, Mike's girlfriend, fixing herself and Mike some breakfast.

"Well then, Alexandria, make yourself right at home."

She turned her attention upward and feigned annoyance, rolling her eyes. "That's exactly what I'm doing, Victor." 

I chuckled, sitting down at the table and gestured to the cereal she was pouring. "Make me some?"

"Why don't you get Kellin to do it? You two were certainly cozy enough last night."

I narrowed my eyes at her, her expression showing she was very pleased with herself. "Make me some damn food."

"What's the magic word?"

"I'm hungry as hell?"

"Close enough, I suppose." Gingerly, she pulled out another bowl. She knew I was only kidding; her and I had become like siblings in the two years he'd dated her, and I'd even went to her for girl advice at times, joking that Kellin was much like a girl to myself when she told me what I should do in situations. Within seconds, a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles was being passed to me. "Here you go, douchebag."

I was shaken from my thoughts when I realized she'd placed food in front of me and sat beside me, starting to eat as I joined her. "Thanks."

She nodded, and we sat in silence for a bit (which was unlike us; we usually talked about music or something) until she raised an eyebrow, sensing something was up. "You alright, Vic? Something on your mind?"

I shrugged a bit. "Yeah, actually."

"What is it?" 

"I don't know. I can't really put my finger on it, but I just have this strange feeling that today I had to do something, or I'm forgetting something. Maybe-"

And that's when it hit me.

Fuck. I had to meet up with Jaime today.

-

Kellin's POV

There was no doubt in my mind something was bothering Vic, from his unhappy demeanor when picking me up, to the silent drive to school, to no kisses or holding hands all morning after what I thought was one of the most intimate nights we had shared. He wouldn't look at me in the eye, and he wouldn't utter any complete sentences to me. My own boyfriend wouldn't give me a second glance, like I was some random stranger he picked up off the street.

One thought lingered in my mind as we walked into the school, his eyes avoiding and downcast and mine occasionally glancing at him as if hoping he'd take the hint this was bothering me, and that was had I done something wrong?

We'd had sex before, so what could have changed? Maybe his brother said something to him? Or parents?

I couldn't take it anymore. Psyching myself out was what I was known for. As we reached his locker, I placed two fingers under his chin, making his eyes meet mine. Traces of dread and worry coated his beautiful, dark irises, making me frown. Then again, I never thought I'd ever get used to his flawless appearance as my breath caught a little in my throat, and I blushed slightly before remembering my intentions weren't to stare at him all morning, even if I wanted to (as creepy as it sounds). No, I wanted answers.

"Vic," I breathed, regaining composure. "What's...what's going on? Did I do something wrong?"

Vic looked drained in every way possible: emotionally, physically, mentally, even spiritually. He just stared back and shook his head.

"No, Kell," His voice was hoarse and awkward as he searched for the right words. "A lot on my mind is all." 

I sighed, giving up as I headed to my locker. Of course he wouldn't tell me. He was Vic Fuentes, so he was probably cheating on me with someone better looking and debating on whether to break it off with me yet or not. But that was the guy I knew I was pursuing when I started, because the time you got to spend with Vic was worth the heartbreak, they said. I just didn't know if I believed that anymore.

Would it be worth it?

Probably not. But I had chosen this, and I supposed it was inevitable. After all, Vic never fell in love. 

And no one, not even the most beautiful human alive could tame him. It was a known fact, and as stupid as it was, it would always be true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't edit this at all and its rushed, but I like where it's going so woo
I really like Alex's character too ;1 (shoutout to my best fangirling friend, you're welcome bby)
And I'll update tomorrow. Comment your thoughts?