Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Catch Me As I Fall

Jaime's POV

"Mmm Vic, you're warm." I heard as a body began to cuddle into me, feeling something furry snuggle into my neck. Was that a cat? Dog?

The blanket?

Fuck, I didn't care. I was tired.

I grunted back, my eyes still slammed shut as I refused to open them. My sleeping body made me believe I was with Tony, and I wasn't being called Vic, because I wasn't moving. Nope. Way too comfy.

The figure mumbled something about me smelling good, yet incredibly gay and girly, which I also chose to ignore, before they began slinging their arm around my waist.

"Vic, have you been working out? Holy shit..." The arm squeezed my waist with a happy hum. "If I wasn't so tired I'd fuck you for your efforts. They're paying off." The voice mumbled, to which I offered another grunt in return and wait, what?

"Jaime, stop trying to steal my boyfriend."

I creaked one eye open to see a confused Kellin, looking up at me like I had four eyes, and I soon glanced up to find Vic watching amused from the hallway.

"Oh my god." Kellin laughed, throwing his head back. "I knew Vic wasn't that built."

I chuckled too, mostly at the feigned hurt look that crossed Vic's face. "Well, damn, you should just date Jaime if he's more built, smells better, and is warmer than me."

"Maybe I should." Kellin shot back with a smirk, slipping out of the bed to stand in front of his boyfriend, to which I only tried to ignore, closing my eyes with a groan.

"That's hurts my feelings."

"Good."

"So you're not even the least bit curious as to why you ended up snuggled into Jaime this morning?"

"Not complaining. He's lovely at cuddling. Only picking, babe. Do tell."

"I didn't want to wake you last night, and it was too late for poor sweepy Hime-time to drive himself home, so here we are."

I grimaced at his baby voice, mostly because I could hear him smirking.

"Why are you up so early then?"

"It's three in the afternoon."

At this, I opened my eyes in shock, practically jumping out of bed, my face matching Kellin's. Kellin had told me he had to visit Justin right after surgery, which was around twelve.

"Justin..." I breathed, scared eyes finding Kellin's.

"Fuck."

Vic just looked sort of confused, standing in the doorway and his cocky stance faltering. "What?" Kellin frowned, kicking at the ground a bit and biting his lip. "Kell, what's wrong?"

I shifted my weight awkwardly, reaching to grab the younger boy's jacket for him from the chair as Kellin finally spoke up. "It's a long story but Justin's in the hospital-"

"What? Why? How?"

"Vic..." I offered, giving him a look that hopefully said 'shut the fuck up' and tossing Kellin his jacket.

"He was in a car crash. He's okay but he's pretty beat up so they have to do some surgery. He should have been out three hours ago and I promised I'd be there. I have to go."

Vic stood there with wide eyes, catching his lip between his teeth. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"No." Kellin answered quickly, throwing on his toms. "I want to do this alone, thanks. But I really appreciate the offer. Can I come back later, though?"

"Sure, babe." Vic responded, and I inwardly cringed at that. I'd never get used to him calling someone else 'babe'. It was just weird.

The darker-haired boy smiled remorsefully, placing a small kiss to Vic's cheek, which seemed to shock him a bit. "I'll see you both later, hopefully. Jaime, you have my number, right?"

"Mhm." I responded with a nod, ignoring Vic's confused glance.

"Good." He muttered shortly, headed for the door. "Love you, Vic. Bye, guys."

And with that, the door was closed and he was off, the front door shutting signalizing he was gone.

Vic turned towards me, looking utterly shocked as he raised a brow at me. I honestly didn't see what was so shocking, or how I would know it was supposed to be. Hell, I'd just talked to Kellin for the first time last night.

"What was that all about?" He wondered aloud, sending me a look.

"What do you mean?"

"He was just really short with me."

I sighed, shrugging. "He's probably got a lot on his mind. Just-"

I was cut off by my phone buzzing. Frowning apologetically at Vic, I answered it without even checking the caller ID.

"Jaime," My breath caught at the familiar, anxious voice on the other line.

"Tony..." I breathed, trying to ignore the way Vic's fists were clenching.

"I didn't expect you to pick up. I-"

"Why are you calling?" I interrupted, massaging my temples and only slightly curious as to what he had to say.

He was quiet for a moment. The next thing I heard was a sniffle, a shaky breath, and two words I wasn't expecting.

"David's gone."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleh this chapter was bleh
Sorry

Love me