Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Tonight We'll Be Throwing A Party

Jaime's POV

A small knock to the familiar door was all it took for it to swing open, revealing a face that a week ago probably would have uplifted my mood, but not now. I thought it'd be easier than it was as I stood in front of him, knowing he wasn't mine anymore. But regardless of how I felt, I'd made a promise. And as awkward and hard as it would be to keep it, it was against my nature not to.

"Jaime..." He whispered, his eyes unreadable. "You're here. Um, come in, please."

I hummed in reply, pushing past him lightly to crash onto his couch.

Really, I had left all my manners at the door. Tony didn't really deserve me being polite, and regrettably, putting my feet on his leather couch was the rudest thing I could bring myself to do.

Besides, it was better to get this over with. I didn't want it to take longer than it needed to.

"So," I began, looking up and holding an agitated frown. "What's your plan, Perry?"

He looked flustered and uneasy as he twiddled his thumbs, sitting in front of me and avoiding my eyes but revealing a new tattoo he must have gotten sometime between when we last spoke to now. I traced over it with my eyes slowly, trying to put aside how hot my boyfriend ex boyfriend looked today.

"I...I don't have one." I allowed myself to roll my eyes, and he saw, gulping. This was a new, and actually fake side of me he hadn't seen. "I-I just know he won't listen to me, and I just don't know what to do."

We sat in silence for a bit as he looked to the ground, his bottom lip caught between his teeth. I found myself feeling bad for him, though who wouldn't? He looked miserable, and like he hadn't slept in days, not to mention the bruises signalizing he'd gotten into several fights.

I honestly felt bad for Tony Perry.

With a small shrug, said boy broke the silence.

"And I swear I would have asked someone else to help me but I have no one else. Even Josh bailed on me. Actually, especially Josh. He hates me and-" He stopped again, sighing. "Ugh. I'm babbling. Sorry. I just-"

"Tony," I offered, sounding more exasperated than intended. "I get it. But right now, lets talk about David. Any ideas?"

He stopped, a bit off a sad smile greeting his lips as his eyes found mine in a hopeful, anxious gaze.

"Not really, but you could help."

-

Vic's POV

"Yeah, yeah, we'll be there. I'm bringing Jaime." I paused, listening to the voice on the other end of the call. "No, Kellin isn't coming. He texted me saying he's staying with Justin tonight." Another pause. "No, Austin, he's sick it's- it's a long story. But I'll be there. We'll be there. Yeah. Okay. Seven. Got it. Bye."

I sighed happily, tossing the phone on my bed. Jesus, Carlile could talk your ear off, I thought with a fond roll of my eyes. Admittedly, I was a tiny bit bummed when Kellin texted me he'd be at the hospital all night, but mostly because of what I'd have to do alone.

I was hoping I'd have Kellin there to help me coax Jaime into coming, because he was polite enough to accept the offer from a near stranger. Sadly, though, he absolutely adored to say no to all of my great ideas, apparently.

So, this minor setback made me have to work a bit harder to conjure up something he couldn't refuse, but not even that could dampen my mood.

I was really fucking excited.

The only thing that had me the least bit upset was that it was nearly six and Jaime wasn't here yet. And I knew all too well if he couldn't get dressed, I wouldn't be able to convince him to go with me.

But regardless of anything, I had to smile.

Tonight, I was going to force Jaime to accompany me to the party of the fucking year, and it was also going to be his first real party, and my best.
♠ ♠ ♠
The title probably gave it away
when's warped guys
Sorry for the wait
Long weekend
I'm so excited for this
So leave me a comment
Maybe guess how Vic is going to make sure Jaime can't say no?