Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Scenes Fall In Two

Vic's POV

I smiled over at Jaime, as he sat anxiously tapping against the window, looking anywhere but me and the house we'd pulled up beside.

"Ready to go, Preciado?"

"Fuck you." He muttered, opening the door and taking his time getting out. I only sighed, joining him into the cold night air and spinning around to grin at him.

He only rolled his eyes, retrieving his guitar unhappily and moving to stand beside me as I grabbed my own. With a swift kick to the door of my car, it shut, and I was turning now towards the house.

"Ready for this?"

Jaime gulped at all the cars that were around the house already, frowning when some guy pushed past him drunkenly to get back into the house, followed by an equally as drunk girl.

"Whatever, Vic. I'm only here because of your gig."

"Whatever, Jaime." I mocked, placing a hand to the small of his back subconsciously, and leading him in through the doors of Austin Carlile's house.

To say Jaime looked uncomfortable was quite the understatement.

I inwardly sighed, hoping he'd at least try and relax a bit. I didn't have to play for another twenty minutes or so.

As I debated just taking him upstairs and telling everyone we just had to practice so he wouldn't have a panic attack, I had yet to realize a familiar face walking towards us.

"Victor, my man. Just who I was hoping to see." None other than Alex Gaskarth began, a bit louder than intender. "Mm, who's your date?"

Jaime visibly tensed as Alex observed him slowly, obviously drunk as he looked back to me for an answer.

"Jaime Preciado. Not my date anyway, Gaskarth. Friend."

"Mhm." He smirked crookedly, winking at Jaime. "Somehow you and your 'friends' end up fucking in the spare room by the end of the night, bro. What's Kellin think of this? You guys are still together, right?"

"Yeah. Like I said," I made a motion between Jaime and I. "Just friends. Best friends, actually."

I felt Jaime relax a bit at that, and I looked over to see him biting his lip and blushing. Cute.

"Sure, sure. When you fuck him tonight, though, don't try it here. I'm pretty sure Jacky and I will be taking up the guest room, and Austin and Alan will be in Austin's bedroom." He waggled his eyebrows. "Stoked for your performance, though. I'll control Jack's hormones so we can see it."

"We won't be fucking. But thanks, Alex. You shouldn't have."

"No problem, Fuentes. I'll see you and your sexy guest later on then?" Alex sent another wink towards Jaime, making my blood boil for some reason. "See you, Preciado."

"Bye, Alex." Jaime replied sheepishly as Alex walked away, probably embarrassed by his boldness. I didn't blame him. Alex had a habit of saying what he thought, drunk or not.

"Sorry about him." I whispered in his direction, making my way through the crowd to the place I knew to be the kitchen.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled, following close behind though his eyes widened at the selection of alcohol on the table in front of him. "Holy shit."

"Jaime, you don't have to drink tonight-"

"What the fuck, Vic. No. If all of this is free, I'm getting fucking wasted." He replied with a shrug, grabbing an expensive looking vodka before I stopped him:

"Can you at least wait until after we play?"

"Fine." He mumbled, putting it down reluctantly with a pout. "After we play."

-

"Hey, guys. I'm Vic Fuentes." I called out to the crowd, being rewarded with several drunken shouts back. "And this is my friend, Jaime. Hope you guys don't mind if we play a little song for you. Wrote it a couple years ago. It's called Pierve The Veil."

With a small smile in Jaime's direction, I began strumming along to the chords I knew so well.

"Why, do I talk so? And it's your fault..."

The song continued, Jaime jumping in on certain parts to do the back-up he'd remembered from all those years back, and it was honestly endearing.

A small number of couples began slow dancing as other's simply listened, those who were bored (which was few because I was popular, and passing on my song was probably bad for their reputation) had made their way outside.

Regardless, among the couples dancing, their was now a familiar face in the crowd, a face that made my head swim and heart race with anger. There stood Tony in the back of the circle, staring intently up at Jaime with a small smile, and something about that made me insanely upset.

"When it's over the scenes fall in two. When it's over the sun will be back for you, for you..."

As we finished the song, everyone in the room began clapping, and I even saw Alex applauding too, looking genuinely impressed. Sadly, though, I didn't have anytime to be proud before I caught another glance at Tony, still gazing thoughtfully at Jaime.

I simply faked a smiled at the crowd, yelling a quick thank you and jumping down from the small platform that was in Austin's living room, Jaime following.

"Vic, that was amazing! Did you see the reaction we-"

"Why is he here?" I spat back, interrupting him and making his face fall. He looked pretty confused for a moment before his eyes caught sight of him, and he managed a slight apologetic frown.

"Don't get worked up over it. He told me he was going earlier today because Alan invited him."

"Really?" I groaned, putting a protective hand to his back. "Come on. I don't want you to talk to him."

Jaime looked utterly shocked for a moment. "What? Shit, Vic, I think it's my business who I talk to and not-"

"Jaime, I want you to have fun tonight. To loosen up and just party, with me. I'm afraid he'll jeopardize that."

"Oh." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, then, I guess I won't. It's the least I owe you for that back there, I guess."

"Thank you. Plus I may have beat the shit out of him yesterday."

"Really, Vic?"

"I'm sorry." I chuckled, nudging his body slightly. "Now come on. I'm going to get you drunk, Preciado."
♠ ♠ ♠
Agh this sucks
Please please comment if you're reading. I want to know who still is ^_^