Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

I'm Way Too Far In Over My Head

Jaime's POV

I suppose it was one bottle of vodka, seven beers, and three shots of some other sort of alcohol later that I was on what seemed to be a dance floor, dancing with anyone and everyone around me. Right now, there happened to be a small red-head twirling around in my arms. I couldn't remember her name.

Hillary? Hannah? Helen? It didn't matter, I guessed. I could barely remember my own.

A few seconds later, she was replaced with a tall, lanky sort of guy, his skunky hair falling a bit into his eyes, which indeed matched mine. He bit his lip shyly, which I guessed was him asking silently if he could dance with me, which I didn't turn down.

He hummed happily in response before greeting me. "Hi, I'm Jack. Jamie, right?"

I tried not to roll my eyes.

"Jaime, actually." With a small smile, I corrected him, having to yell a bit over the shitty pop music blaring from the speakers.

"Oh, that's cute." He nodded curtly, dancing in a circle before resuming his position in front of me. "You're Vic's new boyfriend, right?"

It took a minute for the words to sink in, but when they did, I choked a bit, leaving him slightly confused.

"Uh, no. Just his friend."

"Sure." Jack shrugged in mock understanding. "I was just Alex's 'friend' once. I get it."

"No, really. He's still with Kellin."

Jack let a loud groan fall from his lips, which I certainly wasn't expecting. "Why?" He whined, jutting out his lower bottom lip in an adorable pout.

"Why shouldn't they be?"

"Because, Jaime," He began as if he was explaining something to a small, incompetent child. "They're one of those couples who got together because of popularity and those relationships just don't last. They just don't click, I guess."

I nodded for him to continue, because it looked as if he had more to say. He sighed, noticing the song change from Rihanna to Blink 182, thankfully, and not to mention it was a bit quieter.

"You think that's how Alex and I met? No, Alex is one of the most popular guys in school. When we met, I was a loser. I had no friends except for Zack, and I just wasn't happy. We got assigned to do a stupid science project together, which I wasn't thrilled about. Alex was stupidly handsome and happy all the time, which meant we'd have to socialize. However, the more time we spent with each other, the more I fell in love with every part of him, good and bad. We weren't the it couple when he told everyone, but that's okay, because we were in love, and we were right together. And together for the right reasons. Even if he is a slut, he's my slut."

Surprisingly enough, as drunk as I was, I caught every word he said, and I thought the story was rather endearing. With a cheeky grin, I watched him spin in a small circle again before returning it.

"You guys are pretty perfect together."

Jack hummed in agreement, burying his face in the crook of my neck. "So are you and Vic."

"Jack-"

"Trust me." He whispered, smiling before moving on to the next dancing partner, and suddenly I just didn't feel like dancing anymore.

Pushing my way through the horde of teenagers who resembled zombies, barely able to function with all the alcohol in their systems, I found myself pondering over what Jack had said. Vic and I were perfect together, but he fucked that up, so I didn't know why everyone insisted on telling us we'd make a cute couple now instead of when we were actually together.

The more I thought, the more irritated I got so I decided to down another few shots and maybe find Vic. I sort of lost him an hour back, and he was probably wondering where I had went.

Sighing, I pushed my way through another small crowd, ignoring a few sexual whispers from horny guys and girls as I did so.

Why was everyone in this town so goddamn bisexual?

In conclusion, I realized I didn't care that much, my eyes searching for that familiar, Mexican face.

"Jaime!"

My head snapped around to whoever was calling my name, which made me dizzy for a second. Soon, my eyes adjusted and oh, wrong Mexican.

Tony made his way over to me, his eyes hinting at annoyance as he approached me. "Nice of you to finally stop ignoring me."

I groaned, slamming my eyes shut and swatting at him. If I was honest with myself, I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him, or listen to his lecture bullshit.

"Jaime," he offered in a softer tone. "Are you okay?"

I wanted to laugh because days before I caught him cheating on me, so he was in no place to ask. But I didn't. I simply nodded, looking up at him to prove it.

But it seems my eyes were the opposite of assuring.

His eyes widened, and he took a small step back as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Jaime, are..." Tony trailed off, blinking once. Twice. Studying me again. Three times. "Are you fucking drunk?""

I resisted the urge to giggle, because duh, but I didn't, for it seemed that wouldn't help my case much.

"I only drank a little, Tony."

He made an indescribable noise, pulling at his hair a bit in frustration.

"Jesus, Jaime. Really? You're drinking now?"

I frowned at him, becoming a bit annoyed myself. "And why is this any of your business?"

"Because," he grumbled, shaking his head as it was a pain to talk to me. "I'm still your friend and I care-"

"Oh fuck off, Tony." I mumbled, pushing past him and grabbing my head. He simply groaned from behind me, signaling he was going to follow. "I said fuck off."

"You're destroying yourself all over again!"

"Except this time isn't your problem." I fought back half-heartedly.

"Yes it is, Jaime!"

"No."

"Fuck, could you stop and look me in the eyes?"

I didn't want to, that was for sure. But, I obliged, exhaling dramatically and spinning around, staring him down.

He let out a shaky breath, suddenly all confidence lost.

"Look, I... I know it may be hard to believe, but I care for you, Jaime." I scoffed. "No really, I swear. Whether it be in a love kind of way or just a friend, I care about you. Really, I'm so fucking confused and I don't know what I want, and that's not fair to you or David."

"Tony-"

"I've become everything I claimed for years I wouldn't, and the only one who stuck by me is the one I hurt the most. The most beautiful, amazing, and brilliant guy I've ever met. My best friend. You."

He leaned forward, and so did I. I don't remember who made the first move, but I do remember making a mistake that night at my first party.

Vic's POV

"Have you seen Jaime? Tall, hot, black and blonde hair?" I asked a girl in the kitchen beside me. She simply shook her head with a shrug.

"Nope, sorry."

"Oh fuck me." Groaning slightly, I wondered how I'd managed to lose a 17 year old. Either way, he told me he'd be 'right back' and I hadn't seen him for a good hour and a half.

Not even the fact that I was wasted could make me forget my worries. It was just that this was his first party, and I wanted it to be good. And I didn't want any assholes try to involve him in their one night stand tendencies.

But as soon as my eyes found that tuft of skunk-like hair that belonged to none other than my Jaime, I regretted ever finding him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dedicate this chapter to this lovely lady because she's the reason it's here
I'm so so sorry for the wait. I promise I'll update sooner. I've just had writers block and a lot going on, so
I'm so so so very sorry
wow people are going to be pissed off by this
oops
I love you guys though