Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Pick Me Up Now; I Need You So Bad

Jaime's POV

Vic had fallen asleep, and was now subconsciously cuddling into me on the couch. In order not to wake him up, I only shook my head, stretching my legs out behind him and making it so he was in front of me.

"Aw, cutest couple around." I heard from somewhere behind me, making a scoff rise to my throat.

"Shut up, Alex."

She simply giggled, making her way over to the other couch.

"I can't help it. You guys are the fucking cutest."

"Glad you think so." I offered, retrieving my arm from around Vic's waist. That wouldn't help my case. "But we're not a couple."

"You look like one." Mike pointed out, coming into the room after obviously listening in, and now I was really uncomfortable, cuddling his brother on the couch.

Resisting the urge to push Vic to the floor from the anxiety that was surging through my veins, I simply shrugged. "We're just close, I guess."

"You're full of shit, Jaimito." Mike replied with a shrug, no signs of anger in his voice. "And for the record, if you decide to give Vic another chance-"

"Why are you guys talking like we're getting back together?" I whisper-yelled. "We're not. And Vic's still dating Kellin. This isn't cool."

Alex and Mike put their hands up in mock defense.

"Fine, fine. We'll stop talking about it. Goodnight, Jaime."

"Night, Alex. Mike."

"Sleep tight, Jaimito."

I sighed, hearing leave the room and replacing my arm around his waist, ignoring the chatter from behind me and closing my eyes.

-

Kellin's POV

I rubbed at my eyes, trying to keep myself awake for Justin. He laid peacefully at rest in the hospital cot, his chest rising and falling in time with his breaths that were shortening as the moments grew. He was to awaken any moment now, and I'd made sure I'd be there.

I knew all the appointments and testing were taking their toll on him, so it was good seeing him rest. Besides, I'd picked up a pizza from an Italian bistro downtown for him, for I knew all too well how unappetizing hospital food was.

But with a small noise of protest, his eyes squinting then relaxing as he tossed around, stretching out as he always did, he opened one eye, taking in his surroundings. It didn't take him too long to notice me there.

"Hey, Ke- oh sweet, you got pizza!"

"It's good to see you too, Justy." I remarked, opening the box and handing him a slice as he made grabby hands at it. He took a large bite, faking a moan and shimmying his hips happily. "Happy?"

"Ecstatic. This is better than sex." Justin mumbled through the food, his eyes rolling back in his head to prove his point.

"You're such a weirdo."

"But I'm your weirdo." He pointed out, grinning even though food still resided in his mouth. Gross.

I made a face, shaking my head. "Unfortunately." Justin didn't take it to heart, just happily chomping away at his pepperoni pizza slice and humming, gazing in my direction. "So, what'd they say?"

There, I said it. A simple four words that shouldn't make my stomach twist after vocalizing, but they did, and it didn't help when my friend's eyes clouded over with distaste. He put the pizza aside, suddenly losing his appetite.

"They said that...well, it's bigger than they hoped. I mean, I'll be fine. I have an appointment to talk about the surgery tomorrow. They said they'll release me a week and a half prior to the surgery, maybe sooner, depending on how I'm doing."

I exhaled, my breathing shaky and pained. "Tomorrow. I- I'll be there. All day."

Justin made a small noise that resembled that of being unsure. "Kellin, you've already been missing out on sleep and spending time with Vic, I can't let you miss school, too."

"Jus-"

"Look, just go home and get some rest, then go to school tomorrow. You can visit me after school. I get out of the appointment around four."

I groaned, throwing my head back. "But Justin-"

"You won't even get to see me until then. Just please. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I don't want to go home." I reasoned half-heartedly. My bed sounded nice at the moment.

"Go to Vic's."

Okay, that sounded really nice.

"...Fine." I whined, pouting a bit leaving Justin to chuckle.

"Aw, don't pout. C'mere." Justin whispered, stretching out his arms which I fell into, hugging him tight. I loved his hugs. "I love you, Kell. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Stay strong for me, buddy." I planted a kiss on his cheek. "I love you too."

And with that, he waved me off, and an unsettling feeling sank in my stomach, one that resembled butterflies too much for my liking.

_

I pulled into Vic's driveway, aware it was after eleven but I just wanted to cuddle with my boyfriend tonight. This week had been confusing and irritating, and I just wanted a break.

It was only made aware to me this morning that it was in fact December the sixth and Christmas was fast approaching, too, so life had been more stupid and hectic than usual. More so this year that I didn't even notice the lights already being put up all over town.

Regardless of Christmas thoughts, I sighed, turning the car off and jumping out, moving to the door. I was just about to knock when I heard a particularly large noise coming from inside.

Panicking, I immediately found myself over by the window, peeking in. But it was only a loud part in Toy Story, and no nuclear explosion had killed everyone inside.

Although, I did notice two people snuggled up on the couch. I wanted to smile, because Alex and Mike were really cute, until I realized it wasn't them.

It was Jaime, and from the long, brown hair, I guessed it was Vic who was cuddling into him.

They were both fast asleep, Jaime's arm draped over Vic's body and leg hooked around his. Vic had buried his face in Jaime's chest, his arms around the skunky-haired boy's torso. Jaime had his head on the arm of the chair, Vic's cradled between his chin and chest. Both held smiles on their faces, from what I could see, and they looked peaceful and happy.

Regardless of how beautiful the scene, I felt my heart drop at it. I couldn't go in there now and mess this up, when Vic looked so happy. And Jaime did too. It'd be selfish.

This whole relationship is selfish.

You ruined this for both of them once, it's good you're not doing it again.

They deserve each other, and you took that away.

I squeezed my eyes shut and my fists along with them, stomping my way to the car while feeling sorry for myself, starting it up and making a slight noise of detest.

I guess I'd be spending the night at Josh's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Kellin, guys.
Vic, you slut.

Okay so yeah, here's something I guess can be classified as an update. Remember guys, if I get over 300 comments there will be a sequel, which I know won't be a problem since you guys are the coolest and you always comment.