Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Stitching Up The Seams

Mike's POV

"Vic, please, open the door!" Another knock, and Alex turned to me with a desperate look on her face. "He won't even respond."

"I know. Maybe he just needs some time alone." I suggested half-heartedly, holding out my hand for her to take it. The Italian sighed, intertwining her fingers with mine. "Maybe Jaime can fix it or something."

"Speaking of," Alex stopped in her tracks, raising an eyebrow. "Where is he?"

I shrugged my shoulders, squeezing her hand loosely.

"He said something about checking on Kellin."

"I know that. Kellin's been gone for twenty minutes now, though."

"Text him? Kellin might have upset him and he went home."

"Yeah, good point." Taking out her phone, she punched in a few things and then placed it back in her pocket. She turned to me, biting her lip. "I don't feel comfortable leaving him alone like this."

"He'll be fine, I'm sure. Why don't we go watch a movie to take our minds off-"

I was interrupted by Alex's phone beeping, Foo Fighters blaring through to alert her of a text. She snatched it quickly, and I silently waited as she read over it.

"What the fuck?" She breathed, sounding either humored or confused.

"What is it?"

"The cheeky bastard is at Kellin's house."

-

Jaime's POV

I listened to Kellin talk about Justin, placing the cup of tea on the table along side the books and papers scattered haphazardly across the surface. This definitely wasn't how I pictured Kellin's room. It was messy, unlike the organized room I'd imagined, and posters were blue-tacked to the wall.

"So, yeah. He's okay. But he's still not good. Poor thing. They don't even know if he'll be able to be admitted out of the hospital until the Valentines Dance, and he was stoked for that." Kellin sighed, sipping his tea and shaking his head. "Anyways, it's getting pretty late. Are you sure you can stay?"

"Actually," I interjected. "Alex is texting the shit out of me, so I better get back now."

"Oh." Kellin mumbled, seemingly disappointed. "Well, thank you for driving me home."

"Don't mention it, Kell. You have a good night, now." I grabbed my keys, standing up and making my way to the door as he called out a goodbye. "Oh, and by the way, I'm sorry for what happened tonight. You know Vic didn't meant it."

"He di-"

"No. He didn't." I shook my head. "And if he did, he was wrong. You should know that."

"Thanks, Hime."

"Don't mention it. Goodnight, Quinn."

"Night, Preciado."

_

I felt a little bad for lying to Kellin about my whereabouts, but honestly, I didn't feel like getting in anyone else's business, despite how pissed Alex seemed at me.

Whatever. Vic was out of line, so was Kellin. I was a little done with playing peacemaker tonight.

Walking through the door of my own house, I inhaled the smell. It felt like I hadn't been home in years.

"Hey, stranger." My Mom's voice rang through the air, like music to my ears. My eyes searched the room until I saw a figure leaned up against the wall with an amused smirk on her face. "Where've you been?"

"Vic's." I shrugged, my car keys clattering against the coffee table.

She chuckled, shaking her head and making a loose curl fall in front of her face. "I'm glad that you two are friends again. So is his mother, you know."

"How are they, Vic's parents?"

My mother exhaled, taking a seat on our couch as I did the same. "Busy, tired. They miss their sons. But they're happy you're back around. Don't tell Mike, but they're planning on taking a break from work next week for Mike's birthday."

"They'll be stoked to see them."

"I know they will. Anyways, son, it's getting late. Why don't you go get some rest?"

"I will." Sighing, I stood and wrapped my arms around my mother. "But mom," I pulled away slowly. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead, mi hijo."

"What am I supposed to do and my friends are fighting, and everyone wants me to pick sides? Estoy confundido, Madre."

"Oh, mi niƱo. There's no need to be confused. It's not your job to keep everyone happy, son. You know I've always told you to follow your heart."

"I know, I know." I sighed, pulling her in for another hug.

"I love you, Jaime Alberto."

"I love you, too, mom."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, and for this. I know everything's sort of confusing about it right now but it'll make sense soon.

Finally bringing Vic and Mike's parents into this ^_^

Love you guys<3