Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Passion Snapping

Vic's POV

My eyes snapped open to the shrill beeps of my alarm clock, and I groaned into my pillow. Thinking of a thousand reasons why staying in bed all day would be my best option, I reluctantly reached over and turned off my alarm clock, and with a sigh, standing up to get ready.

I checked my 'Pantera' shirt to see if it was clean, then threw it on, sliding into a pair of jeans and covering my bed-head with a beanie. With a noise of protest, I finally built up the courage to slide through my previously locked door and make my downstairs, being greeted by two people I didn't want to see.

"Vic," Alex breathed, standing up from her seat. "Good morning."

"Morning. What's for breakfast?"

"We have poptarts." Mike offered, and I noted he sounded far less concerned than Alex, but I knew he was bluffing. He'd learned that from me.

"Cool." I said simply, grabbing a bag of said sweets and placing its contents in the toaster. "So, what're your plans for the day?"

"After school, we're probably picking up some stuff for the party Saturday, then we might go out for dinner. How about yourself?"

"I'll probably find a cool party to go to tonight."

"Vic, don't-"

"I'm not, alright? I just need to get my mind off of things. Just be grateful I'm not ditching school, okay, little brother?" I spoke the last words with a bit of spite, reminding him that even if he's taller, that doesn't mean he's older, or that he had any authority over me.

"Okay, okay. Have fun, then."

"That's what I'm planning on doing. See you two later, then, yeah?"

I grabbed the Poptart taking a small bite before throwing the backpack over my back and my cellphone, waving at the two before walking towards the door. It wasn't until I'd almost made it out when I felt a hand on my shoulder, spinning me around to meet my brother's eyes.

"Take care of yourself, Vic." He whispered, careful to be as quiet a possible, his eyes boring into mine. "Just, please."

"I will, Mikey. You have nothing to worry about, bro."

He nodded, patting my shoulder once before turning back around slightly. "Oh, and don't forget about my birthday party."

"How could I ever?"

_

I was genuinely used to the all-eyes-on-me feeling, but on particular days like this where I had no one to walk in with (which definitely didn't bother me at all, no) it was painfully obvious. Everyone was staring at me, boring holes in the back of my head as I walked past.

The fact that I'd changed wasn't a big secret. I hadn't been my obnoxious self all year long, and I could tell it was freaking people out. But as long as I had my five-star boyfriend, no one cared what I acted like.

Except I didn't have a five-star boyfriend anymore, I didn't think.

I groaned, reaching my locker and placing a few books inside, trying to ignore the stares that made me feel incredibly exposed to everyone around me. I was still popular, to their knowledge, because I was dating the hottest guy in school. If that was taken away, I'd be a nobody again.

Because their was other ways to be popular, like hanging out with the popular crowd which I barely even did anymore. The clique was practically run by Josh Franceschi, who I wasn't particularly fond of, and his boyfriend, Oli Sykes. There were others, like Alex Gaskarth, Austin Carlile, John Ohh, some of Oli's and Josh's friends, some of Kellin's friends, and bimbo blondes. It was extremely extensive to most, but not in a school of over a thousand students.

"Vic Fuentes, just the man I was hoping to see!"

I jumped a bit from shock, hitting my head against my locker and groaning, spinning around ready to punch someone in the face, only to see the kid looking rather apologetic, with a back-up army.

I settled for groaning, rubbing my head where the metal had hit and observing the three peroxide blondes in front of me, accompanied by Matt Flyzik, John Ohh, and two other kids I couldn't remember the names of.

"I'm so very sorry for startling you!" The first blonde who'd spoken in the first place assured, shaking his head with his eyes blown wide like he'd just ran over a cat or something. "I truly am, Mr. Fuentes. Wow, you must be wondering who this crazy, lanky, blonde kid who just startled you is!"

"Um,"

"I'm Kyle Burns, hi. We're the year book comity, so yeah. We just want to know if you'd be interested in helping this year. It'll give you extra credit in a class of your choice and well, Mrs. Glass told me its either this for you or extra assignments up to your little Mexican ears. So, what do you say?"

"I, um."

"Great! We start on Friday." Kyle beamed, pulling me into a quick hug before pulling away quickly with a horrified gasp. I blinked at him. "Oh goodness, I forgot to introduce you to this year's staff. Wow, I'm a bad person. Okay, this is Sean Smith." Kyle pointed to the peroxide blonde to the left of him, and I watched the kid wave at me, while I only blinked again, still pretty confused.

"You look like a fish out of water with your mouth all open and your eyes all big. That's so cute! Anyways, and you know Dan," I glared at that particular blonde. I definitely knew that motherfucker. "Pretty much the only straight one on our comity. So we're totally not homophobic, in case you were scared. In fact, I have a boyfriend, he's the cute ginger behind me. His name is Caleb."

Caleb extending a hand towards me, his eyes shimmering with adoration for his hyper-active boyfriend.

"Isn't he great? And that's Matt, but you know him too. And John, you know him, too. And that's Zack Merrick. He doesn't talk much."

Kyle exhaled deeply, like his explanation had been so nerve-racking and annoying to do.

"So yeah, we'll see you on Friday during lunch. Super stoked!"

"Um, okay?"

"That's the spirit! Have fun in your first class, Vic!"

Kyle then bounced away, dragging his little group of friends along with him, leaving me to sort a stand there in shock for a moment before I noticed the time.

I cursed under my breath, slamming my locker and heading off to my first class, making sure to not look for any familiar faces along the way.



Kellin's POV

"I'm really excited that you decided to join the comity with us, Kellin. It'll be fun."

Kyle's incessant babbling was something I'd grown semi-accustomed to in time, but sitting with him at lunch for thirty minutes was slightly over-bearing. But I didn't mind it much; his extremely bubbly attitude was rather infectious and I couldn't help but crack a grin every once in a while.

"Isn't it going to be so much fun, Caleb?"

Caleb gazed over at his boyfriend from across the lunch table and nodded his head, grabbing his hand and rolling his eyes affectionately.

"Yes, but although you know I love it when you talk my ear off, but I can't say the same for Kellin over here." Caleb smirked over at me, squeezing his boyfriend's hand.

Kyle blushed furiously, glancing downward to his lap. "I'm sorry, Kellin, I'm just a bit over-excitable."

I chuckled, waving my hand dismissively to the couple beside me. "Don't sweat it, guys. You're fine, Burns."

"Aw! You called me by my last name! I love nicknames." And there he went again, allowing Caleb and I to share a laugh. "But anyways, back to the yearbook thing, at least it means you'll get to spend more time with your boyfriend, like I get to do."

I choked a bit on my sandwich, raising an eyebrow at them. "Vic's joining?"

"Well, yes, by force. His teacher is making him." Kyle chirped, unaware of the new awkward tension. "I'm surprised he hasn't told you. Speaking of which, why isn't he sitting with you today? Did he-"

"Kyle," Caleb whispered, noticing my change in demeanor and softly ceasing the peroxide blonde's chatter.

Kyle soon caught on, clamping down on his lip. "Fuck, I'm so stupid and oblivious." He choked out, his voice cracking mid-sentence, making me instantly feel guilty.

Caleb whispered words of reassurance, walking around the table to hug his boyfriend close to him, glancing up to meet my eyes.

"Cay, it's no big deal. We aren't broken up, I guess. We just got in a little tiff."

The ginger nodded, squeezing his boyfriend in a calming manner before Kyle buried his nose in the crook of his neck. Envy pooled in my gut and their relationship.

Caleb always knew about Kyle's problems and was there for him unconditionally, and even though the blonde had many flaws, he was perfect in Caleb's eyes.

I sighed, my eyes flickering over to the table where I just knew he'd be sitting. And sure enough, Vic sat beside Austin, Alan, Mitch, and Jeremy, Mike and Alex at the table beside them but Jaime no where to be seen.

I frowned, worry filling my features and I knew Vic was thinking the same thing from the way he kept looking beside him at the empty seat between himself and Alex.

"What are you looking all pouty for over here without your friends instead of at the popular table?"

Josh questioned with a smirk, stepping right in front of my field of vision and leaning down to eye Caleb. Their issues with each other were no secret. Everyone knew Josh liked Kyle back in middle school, but the older boy always had eyes for the sensitive, fiery red-head.

"Just because we're not popular, narcissistic assholes doesn't mean we don't count as friends, London."

I hid my smile at the pet name Josh was awarded at the beginning of their rivalry.

"Shut up, peasant." Josh spat in his direction, turning back to me once again and ignoring Caleb's what the fuck? look. "Really, Kellin? I'm your best friend and you're hanging out with Turman?"

"You know I like you both, so stop pouting."

Josh rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, finally noticing Kyle and where he'd been crying.

"Aw, did Caleb hurt your feelings?"

"Fuck off, Josh, or I swear to God my lanky ass will bitch stomp you in the ground. I'm not in the mood for your sass."

I chuckled, mostly surprised Kyle was capable of saying such a thing, but Josh had been harassing the two for years now.

"You-"

"Josh, drop it, and go stick your tongue down Sheffield's throat or something." And there was Oli's.

"You'd enjoy that, wouldn't you, faggot?"

"Josh, stop." I snapped, rolling my eyes. "I'm really not in the mood for all this today."

"Fine, whatever." The English boy muttered, picking up his apple and strutting away, all sass and skinny jeans before promptly placing himself in his boyfriend's lap, placing a kiss to his lips.

I laughed under my breath at how immature he was acting, trying to ignore the way Caleb was glaring holes into his back. Sighing, my eyes flickered back to we're Vic had sat, but no longer was seated.

Confused, I looked around until I caught his eye as he walked out, an unreadable expression gracing his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so, although I've finished planning the end of My Only One, have no fear, because I'm actually really fucking excited because I finally have it guys. I know the perfect ending!
And also, because of said ending, the story may be at least 5+ chapters longer than I thought! Not to mention I've already started planning the fucking sequel.

And I know the yearbook comity doesn't make all that much sense right now but it will. And I know Kyle's not really that spastic but come on, how could you not adore a spastic Kyle Burns.

Another thing, I'm swamped right now so here's long update to make up for it. Also, this story has been going on for six months now. Crazy, right?

So there's that. Please, please comment. I'm getting less of those and it makes for a sad Myra.

I really need to stop linking shit. Wow.