Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

I Don't Want To Be With You

Vic's POV

I didn't quite remember when I went upstairs to escape all of the music and happy couples, but I did know I'd only brought three beers and that wasn't nearly enough. Sadly, I couldn't be bothered to go get anymore, so I was just sat upon the couch in the hallway, clinking the glass against the table to my right.

"Having fun?" There was a dip in the couch beside me, and I looked to my left to see Mike. He smiled sadly at me when I shook my head, pointing towards the empty beer in my hand. "Yeah, didn't think so. I'm sorry, Vic. I can't tell everyone to leave-"

"No, Mike," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "This is your birthday party. I'm sorry I'm ruining it."

"You aren't. I'm having fun, but I mean I would rather make sure my brother's happy than get shitfaced and dance to shitty pop music, you know?"

"I am happy." I deadpanned, crossing my arms and glaring when he chuckled a bit.

"You look like the spitting image of elated." Mike shook his head fondly, sinking down deeper into the chair. "Just, are you sure? I can go get some beers and we can talk-"

"Fuck, no, Mikey. Look, I'll go try to enjoy the party for you. Moping around isn't doing much anyway." I wrung my hands together, stretching as I stood. "Maybe I'll go talk to Austin or something."

"Sounds like a good plan. He always uplifts you." Mike shrugged thoughtfully, joining me as I stood. "But, thanks, Vic. For trying."

"No problem." I wrapped one arm around him, squeezing him against me. "Happy birthday, bro."

_

"Vic! Vic! Vic!" Austin chanted beside me, unsuccessfully getting the group of people around us to join in as I chugged the bottle of Jack. When the last drop was gone, cheers erupted from the younger boy, and I received a few back-pats, I remember.

To be honest, I knew I shouldn't be getting pissed. But I wanted to make Mike's night better, and getting piss drunk was how I planned on doing just that.

"You're a fucking animal, V." Austin grinned, turning up his own drink.

"I pride myself on it."

He hummed, shaking his head. But he was acting off.

Austin scanned the area wearily before noticing no one was really listening, and he sent me a very serious look, putting down his cup. "Hey, Vic, mind telling me why you're over here with me and not with Kellin?"

I shrugged nonchalantly, stealing his drink and gulping down its mind-numbing contents. "No reason."

"Sure. Usually at parties you two are all over each other. Seriously, V, talk to me."

"It's nothing!" Although I tried to assure him, my tone did anything but. Regardless of that though, I couldn't have Austin knowing we weren't really together anymore. Word would get out, and everything would be ruined. I wasn't really sure if I wanted the break or not, anyways. I couldn't tell what I wanted anymore. Everything was so confusing.

"Vic-"

"Jesus Christ, Austin." I rolled my eyes, handing his cup back to him and standing up (wavering slightly from my drunken state). "If you're that worried then I'll go hang out with him instead."

Ignoring whatever response he fired back, I stumbled my way throughout my own house, my eyes searching for the familiar raven-haired boy. Austin was right, and he was catching on. I couldn't let people know. I wasn't even sure if we were over, or if I wanted to be.

And being confused and drunk was never a good combination for me.

Especially when I found Kellin and saw him getting far too cuddly with Franceschi on my fucking porch.

-

Kellin's POV

"So truce?" I smiled at Josh, grabbing his beer from his hand.

"Truce. But just, keep Turman away from me. And don't go replacing me, either."

"I wouldn't dream of it." Giggling, I took a sip of the bitter drink, careful not to overdo it. I remembered what happened last time, and with Justin texting me every five seconds it was hard to forget about.

And also with him texting I just felt worse and worse about ditching our hospital-hang-out-Friday-night plans to go to a party I barely even wanted to attend. Nevertheless, my friends forced me, and even Justin agreed it'd be good for me. And now that Josh and I had made up, I felt a lot better about everything.

"So where's your boyfriend anyways?" Josh questioned, crossing his legs and looking slightly cold. I felt bad because that was my fault, since he'd found me alone outside, sitting on the porch swing, sulking, and insisted on staying. "Shouldn't you two be making everyone sick with your perfect relationship and such?"

I sighed, shaking my head. "He's... I don't even know."

"Wait," Josh tilted his head, his eyes becoming more alert in interest. "Are you two...okay?"

"Yes." I nodded, my eyes meeting the ground before I let out a small groan. "No."

"Oh shit, what happened?"

"It's not a big deal, Josh. We just, fought a bit. We'll be fine soon."

"Aw," he pouted his lips, outstretching his arms. "Does a flamboyantly gay Kellin Quinn need a cuddle?"

"No." I muttered, but that didn't stop him from snuggling against me in the freezing temperatures, and letting out a happy hum. "Oh."

He ignored me, his eyes glancing upward to the sky.

"Hey, Kellin?"

"Yes?"

"You know what I just noticed, about the moon?"

I sent Josh a funny look. "What?"

"It kinda looks like a toenail."

"You're a tool."

"I know." He smirked before picking at a thread on the swing below him, exhaling deeply. "But on a serious note, have you ever thought how cool it is that everyone on earth can also see the moon right now? From different angles and such?"

I looked up as well, giving the glowing thing in the winter sky a second look.

"I think that's pretty cool. How you know someone who's going through relatively the same thing you are, right now, could be looking at it too. It goes to show you're never truly alone, you know. No matter if you feel it or not."

A smile graced my face as I looked to Josh, and I just wished more people besides Oli and I saw this side of him. Josh may act like an ass, but really, he was just a troubled little kid, with more too him than just sass and an English accent.

"You're right, Josh." I sighed. "That is pretty fascinating."

Josh parted his lips to speak again, but before he could we heard the front door open, and someone I didn't really want to see stepped out.

"Kellin?" Vic asked, spite to his voice as he squinted. "What the fuck are you doing?"

Sensing the tension, Josh sat up, passing weary looks between us.

"Um, talking to Josh?" I rolled my eyes, my arms crossing involuntarily. At the moment, I didn't care that I looked like a teenager getting lectured by their parents.

"That wasn't what it looked like-"

"Well, that was what it was." I snapped, standing up. "Please, Vic. You're drunk. I'm tired. Lets not do this tonight-"

"Why shouldn't we? I mean, fuck. Our whole life is like a teenage fucking drama-"

"Vic, stop."

"No." Vic spat, taking a step closer and only then did I notice how drunk he was. And to be honest, I was scared.

"Come on, man. Nothing was going on." Josh assured, standing hesitantly next to me. "I mean, I have Oli-"

"So why aren't you snuggled up to him?" The eldest challenged, shoving Josh backward slightly. "Stay the fuck away from my boyfriend, Franceschi."

"I don't even think I am your boyfriend anymore." I pointed out, pushing past him to walk off the porch, barely noticing the apologetic look Josh shot me before going inside. "And quite frankly, right now, I don't want to be."

"Oh, come on, Kellin. Don't pull your dramatics shit. I have every right to be mad. What would you do-"

"Give me a fucking break, Vic!" I shouted, turning around to face him. "I've walked in on you and your ex acting a whole fucking lot more than friendly and I didn't say a god damn word. Why? Because I'm a good fucking person."

"Don't you dare bring him into this again!" Vic shouted, his voice raised slightly louder than was necessary.

"Then why are you so fucking defensive of him?"

"Because he's my best friend!" Vic fought back desperately, an uncertainty to his voice that made me roll my eyes.

"Okay. What the fuck ever, Vic." I breathed, turning around and heading to my car, no longer in the party mood. Nor was I ever, but that wasn't the point. I was just really glad I hadn't taken Josh up on the ride up here.

"Kellin, wait." I heard him sigh and follow after me, but I didn't listen to him, only checking my phone to see the texts I had previously ignored. "Fuck, why are you being so goddamn stubborn? I'm sorry for my accusations, but seriously, you're acting like a dick."

I rolled my eyes, reaching my car and leaning against it as I scanned my texts, finding one from Justin's mom.

"You're making accusations of your own, so don't be so hypocritical. But Jesus, Kellin. I'm so fucking sick of the fighting. If you don't want to be with me anymore, fucking tell me right now and I'll walk away. I'll leave you alone. But I'm done with this."

My stomach lurched, and I could hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears as my knees grew weak. Bile rose to my throat as tears stung my eyes. A worried "Kellin?" was heard as my legs collapsed from under me.

I panted, my cellphone falling from my hands, a sob ripping its way past my lips. Vic immediately fell beside me, arms wrapping protectively around me.

"Kellin? Fuck, I didn't mean it. Fuck, fuck, are you okay?"

I only wished it was Vic's words that had caused this, but as he scooped me up in his arms on the ground, I shook against his chest, muttering the same three words over and over.

"Justin, hospital, now."
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys, I've been grounded. Yippee.
But SFT was fucking brilliant. Did you guys go? How was it?
Personally, I think PTV put on the best show, even though ATL is my favourite band. Tbh, theirs sort of depressed me because they didn't talk at all and they all acted a bit off. But I met Jeremy Lenzo and Matt Flyzik talked to me and touched me which was heaven and Jeremy was a sweetheart.

But I finally came into terms with how I want this story to go, and I hope you guys are still reading because the best is yet to come and I'm so fucking excited.

But because I'm a little shit who takes forever to update, I've lost a lot of my readers and that bums me out. So if you perf angels could, tell your friends? Idk, I just miss seeing all of your beautiful faces on my alerts :c

Though, if you are still reading, I love you a lot omg. And I think you guys deserve a lot of updates, so since I'm grounded ill have more time to work my ass off for you guys and I'll get my sister to post it all. Yay, Myra's finally going to update regularly again ~