Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Far Off Destinations

Vic's POV

"They're here!" Mike beamed, tossing the used rag on the counter into the clothes bin. I grinned, observing the house in its new immaculate condition and following behind my brother as we went to greet our parents outside.

And I couldn't fight the smile that lit up my face.

"Mom!"

"Boys!" My mother shouted, racing up the pavement and wrapping her arms around us. "Oh, my precious boys!"

"Mama!" Mike mumbled into her shoulder, only letting go when he saw our father walk up behind her. "Papa!"

He chuckled, taking up my mother's previous position in front of us. "My sons." He smiled, gripping us both in a short, yet bone crushing hugs.

My mother stood beside him, my hand in hers as she fought back tears. "Look how you've grown." She choked, squeezing my hand in hers and using her other to grab Mike's. "How I've missed you boys so."

"We've missed you too, Mama." I replied, placing a kiss to her cheek.

"Now, now, lets go inside." My father interrupted. "Wouldn't want anyone to catch a cold out here."

I didn't object, for it was rather chilly outside. As we walked in, the smell of chocolate chip pancakes and bacon filled the air, my stomach immediately growling.

"Boys, something tells me someone warned you of our visit." My mother said, an eyebrow raised at the clean home. But when she saw Jaime flipping pancakes beside Alex, she could fight off the smile. "And I think I know who it was."

"Mama Fuentes." Jaime grinned, his dimples extremely prominent as he swept her into a hug.

"Oh, my boy! When your mother told me you and Vic were talking again I nearly died of happiness." She smiled, squeezing him before letting him go and giving him a once-over. "And how you've grown since the last time I saw you!"

Jaime blushed, smile ever so present as he shook his head. "It's been far too long. As for you too, Papa F."

"Jaime," My father smiled, accepting Jaime's hand and shaking it before pulling him into a hug of his own. All the while Alex was greeting my mum. "So good to see you boy."

"Good to see you too-"

"Alright, alright. They're my parents, not yours." I interrupted, winking at Jaime.

"How sweet. Vic wants his parents all to himself."

"As much as I love them," I began, pointing at the plate of pancakes. "I'm actually just starving."

"Fair enough." My dad shrugged, patting me on the back. "Lets eat."

-

Jaime's POV

"Jaime, do you want to help me with the dishes really quick?"

I looked up, although I was deep in a conversation with Vic's dad about music, to see Vic standing awkwardly, twiddling his thumbs. But I wasn't stupid. I knew that Vic didn't really want my help with the dishes.

Knowing he just needed to talk to me, I nodded, excusing myself from the table and grabbing a few plates, trailing behind Vic. He sighed, running a sink of water and adding soap too it, far slower than needed.

Sensing he was just stalling, I decided to speak up first. "So what's on your mind?"

"What're you-"

"Save it, Vic." I grinned, walking up to face him. "Come on, man. I've known you for almost all of my life. I know when you need to talk to me. Spill."

Vic rolled his eyes. "I still don't know why I do that." He sighed out, throwing a rag into the sink before refacing me. "So, I should probably explain what happened last night. I'll tell Mike later. I don't want him to worry about it when Mom and Dad just got here."

"Fair enough." I offered, beginning to get curious and anxious. "What happened?"

Vic breathed out quickly, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I went to the party and I wasn't really having a good time because you and Kellin weren't there so I went and got drunk with Austin. But he started asking me questions about Kellin so I went and looked for him. I found him on the porch with Josh, and it's so stupid because I know it's just their friendship but they were all snuggled up and I got really pissed and Kellin and I started fighting. I told him it was his choice, whether we were done or not but at that moment he also got a message from Justin's mom. Justin had a stroke, Jaime."

I gasped, my eyes growing wide. "Fuck, fuck. He's okay, right? I-"

"He's fine, Hime. But shut up, I'm not done."

"Right. Sorry."

"Anyways, that means the blood clot is bigger than we originally thought. Therefore, we think he's getting the surgery. Kellin's really torn up about it, and visiting hours for. Justin end early tonight because of his condition. He has to leave by five and I don't want him alone. So here's what I wanted to talk to you about..."

"Right." I bit my lip, nausea from the wait beginning to gnaw at me. "Go on."

"I want to invite him over for dinner tonight, to officially meet my parents. As my boyfriend. I mean, they've met before. But they don't know we're dating-"

"Why?" I asked, interrupting him, though I wasn't sure why I was so eager to know.

"I don't know. I just felt it would be easier that way. But I feel like we got something back last night we've been missing for a while and, I don't know. Maybe I just want him to know I'm serious about this, about us."

I couldn't stop my heart from dropping, though I did maintain my expression. To be honest, I didn't know why it hurt so fucking bad, so I chalked it off as jealousy of their relationship.

"Well are you serious about this?"

"I... I think so?"

I shook my head. "That's not good enough. You have to be sure about these things. If you aren't, it could hurt him-"

"Stop acting like you know him so well, Jaime. He's my boyfriend. I know what I'm doing." I took a step back as regret washed over his face. "Fuck, I didn't-"

"No, no I get it. You're right. It's your choice."

"No-"

"Vic," I sighed. "Don't try to apologize. I've dealt with your mood swings for too long now to know them when I see them. Forget it. Inviting Kellin is a great idea."

Vic groaned, slapping a hand over his face. "I wish my mood swings would fuck off. But anyways, are you going to be here tonight? It'd be really cool if you'd stay..."

I shook my head. "This is a personal thing I have no business being in." He opened his mouth to argue, but I shh'd him. "Also, if you'd let me finish, I promised Tony I'd hang out with him tonight-"

"Why?" Vic questioned, an incredulous look on his face.

"Relax. Just as friends. We're just going to talk about David and shit and probably watch Star Wars..."

"Why are you being so fucking nice to him?" Vic spat, crossing his arms. "He doesn't deserve it."

"Vic, if we all got what we deserved, no one would be happy." I rolled my eyes fondly, letting them fall to a place where a picture of Vic and Kellin sat on the counter. He followed my eyes, drowning. "That's why compassion exists."

"Fuck, why are you always right?"

"It's a gift." I smiled, grabbing my jacket from the counter. "Good luck doing those dishes by yourself."

"What happened to compassion, asswipe?"

"You've used all of yours up."

Vic pouted, turning around, his lips holding that ever present pout as he washed the dishes slowly and looked back at me far too offer. With those stupid, fucking eyes

"Fine," I groaned, taking my place beside him and rinsing the dishes. "I suppose giving you a bit more wouldn't hurt."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, I pumped this out. Sorry that it's another filler. It's hard to put drama in the informational chapters.
I just realized that I never said why I name chapters completely unreel can't titles, so I should explain now. The song the chapter is named after is simply a suggestion of a song you should listen to while reading, and it's usually from a song I was listening to when writing it. So that's what that is.
And for all you Kellic haters, I'm super sorry about all this Kellic in a fuenciado but I promise it has something to do with the plot.