Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

I've Been Going Crazy

Vic's POV

The next week was quite possibly one of the most relaxing, and just plain refreshing weeks of my life. I still had school, but Jaime came over almost nightly to work on the project, and it was coming along quite nicely. And so was our newly acquired friendship. 

The first night he'd been rather tense, and the second even more so considering no one was around but us, but the third night was lovely. He came around four while I was preparing dinner with my Mike, and after Jaime and I worked a bit we all sat down together and ate, like old times.

The fourth night I had gotten home a bit late trying to explain to Kellin why he still couldn't come over and the heated-apology-make-out-session probably added to my tardiness, but when I showed up Alex and Jaime were talking thoughtfully on the couch as she painted her nails. When Jaime saw me walk in, his cheeks turned red and he looked uncomfortable, and I can't help but wish I knew what they'd been talking about.

The fifth we worked for a bit then stopped to play video games, and he cursed when he saw it was nine. I only smiled and nodded, heading out to drive him home since Tony dropped him off. 

At that thought, I remembered a question that had been circling through my head, and blurted it out. "So Tony does know about this?"

Even though I was looking ahead at the road before me, I could tell he was raising an eyebrow. "About what?"

"You know, us hanging out, doing the project."

"Oh, yeah. He doesn't mind." I gave him a weary, dull look and he only sent me one back full of confusion. His lips pursed thoughtfully. "What?"

"Your boyfriend is okay with you hanging out with your ex?"

Jaime shrugged, a flash of annoyance beginning to ornate his expression. "I mean, yeah. He trusts me, and I love him, so he doesn't care. He actually wants us to be friends. Why do you ask anyways?"

I immediately felt awkward. Tony took this a lot better than Kellin would. He was so self-conscious, it would drive him crazy. I sighing, turning my attention back to driving. "Just wondering."

"You can't pull that shit with me." He protested, crossing his arms as he observed my uneasy demeanor. "What's on your mind, Vic?"

I sighed, giving up on being vague. "I haven't told Kellin yet, because he's so self-conscious he'd flip out, and I know it. I just hate blowing him off and lying to him, you know?"

He was silent for a few seconds, so when I turned my attention to him to see his reaction I was greeted with a small slap and his mouth agape. "Vic!" He half-screeched at me.

"Jesus, what?" I took one hand off the wheel the rub the spot on my arm he had hit and made a mental note to get him back for that later, and also to ask if he'd been working out.

"Victor fucking Fuentes, if you hide this from him it'll give him a reason not to trust you. Dammit, you should've just told him." I glared at him, hoping he'd apologize for the slap but he only sighed. "Call him. Right now."

"What?"

"For fuck's sake, call him."

"Why? What-"

"Call him and tell him now!" 

"Okay! Jesus, Jaime. Calm down."

"Finally. Maldita sea, idiota. Eres imposible."

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone, dialing Kellin's number. I waited a few rings until his answering machine sounded through the speakers and I sighed.

Beep.

"Hey, Kell, mind if I come over tonight? I miss you and I have to tell you something. Alright, bye, I love you." And with that, I hung up and sent a triumphant glance to Jaime to see him staring out the window deep in thought. "Uh, Jaime?"

"You shouldn't lie to him, you know."

I raised an eyebrow. "I know. That's why I called him, so I could tell-"

"No. I meant the I-love-you thing. You shouldn't lie to him."

What the fuck? I stared at him with mock realization for a bit until I slapped my hands against the steering wheel (him flinching but I didn't care). 

"Oh shit! I'm sorry, Jaim. I forgot you know my feelings better than I do."

"I do."

"And how are you so sure?" Growling my words, I stopped the car in front of his house. 

"You told me you loved me."

My blood ran cold. I did, many of times, and realization hit me. He thought I'd do the same thing to Kellin. 

"Jaime, I- I do love h-him." I weakly tried to defend myself, but it came out forced and pathetic.

"Okay," he climbed out of the car with a fake smile. "Then do it better this time." 

And with that, he shut the door behind him and walked sluggishly to his house.

And the saddest part was that he actually made me start thinking if I really did love Kellin, or if it was now just routine, and I honest to God hated that.

-

Kellin's POV

I was talking on the phone with my best friend Justin when I heard a knock on the door. Naturally, I made some comment about it probably being a rapist so I'd keep him on the phone, but when I opened the door a smile lit up my face. My boyfriend definitely wasn't a rapist.

"Vic," I breathed into the phone, not realizing Justin was listening. Vic just looked so handsome tonight, with a grey beanie, grey skinnies, some band sweatshirt that looked new, and his hair fixed up all cute. But when my eyes saw what he was holding, I almost squealed.

He held a bouquet of roses, one of my favorite romantic comedies, and a unnecessarily large container of Nutella. I fought back the tiny gasp I was holding in, considering he knew me too well and never done things like this, but either way my eyes met his quickly.

Justin had been saying my name for a bit so I just whispered a short reply into the phone, my eyes not leaving Vic's. "Yeah, Justin, I'll call you back later. Bye." I hung up and tossed the phone, cupping my boyfriend's cheeks and planting a kiss on his lips. 

"Hey, Kell." He smiled when I pulled away, and placed a small kiss on my nose. I blushed. 

"Hey, Vic."
♠ ♠ ♠
All the Kellic fans are probably glad the Fuenciado is taking so long :3
Comments please maybe? I want to know I'm not writing this for nothing :1