Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

Your Hand To Hold Is Letting Go

Jaime's POV

I giggled a bit, running a few fingers through my now messy hair. Never in a million years did I think I'd be sitting here with my ex-boyfriend, as comfortable as hell, watching some trashy comedy. It was just like old times. I felt as though we were friends again.

And on the way to becoming best friends.

It was weird, no doubt. I'd spent two years ignoring him and hating his guts, and now here we were, after a month working on a project together reunited. 

Tony seemed slightly uncomfortable about us being friends, and when Vic finally told Kellin he sulked for a few days, but our boyfriend's were supportive of it and things couldn't have been better. I'd even grown rather close to Mike's girlfriend, Alex, and I talked to her about my relationship with Vic and when I was drunk I'd tell her all about our old times as a couple, and even about the want for it I still had. She was definitely rooting for me in the Kellin vs. Jaime battle, because her and Kellin weren't that close, and she had even made a ridiculous pairing name for us.

"Vaime".

"It's so cute!" She had squealed, making me groan slightly. But before I could say anything, Vic had slipped through the door, making a blush paint my cheeks.

"You're a fucking cunt, Alex." I whispered, careful not to get any more of Vic's attention. The Italian girl only smirked.

"You love me."


I chuckled a bit at the memory which was awarded with a confused look from Vic, and I snapped reluctantly back to my boring reality. "What?"

"Bro, the movie cut off. The credits show the funny parts are over." He mocked me with his words, talking to me slowly like I was incompetent. 

"Fuck off." I giggled, playfully punching his arm. He punched me back and smirked, seemingly daring me to strike back. I just sighed; no way was I getting into that one. 

"So," He drug out the world a bit less than enthusiastically. "What now?" 

I shrugged, and looked half-heartedly at the clock. "Well, it's 8 so I guess I'll go on home." Standing up, I grabbed my bag and jacket, glancing down at a few very old white scars on my wrist that remained from a while back, and I instantly froze. I needed to be more careful, considering I didn't need Vic worrying. I'd already gotten that lecture from Tony.

But as I opened the door, a hand laid on my shoulder and my breath hitched. "Jaime..." I turned around, looking innocent and confused. He looked hesitant and thoughtful before pulling me into a hug, and after a few moments I hugged him back, closing my eyes and savoring the moment. Vic always gave the best hugs.

"I-I'm glad we're friends again, Jaim." He mumbled into my shoulder, and I nodded against him as I pulled away, hoping he wouldn't notice the slight (or not so slight) blush that now highlighted my cheeks. 

"Me too. Goodnight, Vic." 

"Night, Jaime."

-

Mike's POV

"Hey, Mike?" Alex peeked her head up at me, breaking the comfortable cuddle we were positioned in to speak to me directly, leaving me to grunt sleepily in protest. She just sighed.

"Yeah?" I finally responded, wiping the sleep from my eyes to sit up a little, for the first time noticing her thoughtful expression. "What is it?" 

"Do you think Jaime and Vic will get back together?" 

I scoffed, chuckling a bit without humor. "If Jaime is more stupid than I thought, maybe." 

She gave me a confused look. "Why's that? Vic's a catch."

I laughed again, in quite a spiteful manner as she frowned, and I immediately felt guilty. "Listen, Alex, I love my brother, but he's sort of an asshole. He fucked with Jaime's head. He really hurt him and if I was him, I wouldn't take Vic back. Vic doesn't deserve him, nor Kellin. They're both really great people and get treated like options because Vic thinks he deserves to have options. It's not him, I know. It's just what he's made okay in his mind. He'll grow out of this asswipe stage."

"I don't understand." Looking downcast, her frown increased as I exhaled deeply, debating on whether to tell her or not. Vic didn't want me to, I knew, but she deserved to know.

"Alex, since they were kids they were best friends. It was always Vic and Jaime, from first grade, until high school. Vic was really popular, and Jaime was a nerd, per say, so them hanging out was bad for Vic's reputation or what have you. So they just hanged out in private, and Jaime was cool with being treated like a burden, god knows why."

"Okay..." She said, urging me to go on.

"They've always been strangely close, and that obviously came to their attention that year. They started dating secretly for a bit, and then told us. We weren't surprised, of course, and we like Jaime, so it was cool."

"That's good."

"So anyways, things were nice for a while. Jaime's parents didn't know so they'd do all the couple stuff over here, but never in public. Vic needed his reputation in tact. So, when Kellin came in tenth grade, Vic knew that he replaced him on the "school's most attractive" scale. So he felt the need to date him, for his rep, or tell people he was, and stay with Jaime. But since he's an asshole, he never told Kellin about Jaime, and he cheated, a lot. Jaime knew, but didn't want to believe it until he walked in on them after two months of cheating. And that's when shit hit the fan."

"Oh my god." Alex breathed, grabbing her head. I could tell she could barely believe it, and I knew she was furious even in the dim lighting of my bedroom. "I need to go talk to him right-" 

"No. You aren't supposed to know this, babe." She opened her mouth to speak, but nodded. "I just- I wanted you to know why I'm being so distant with him. Jaime and I were like brothers, and I don't want to get close to him again just for Vic to fuck everything up. He doesn't even deserve Jaime."

"No, he doesn't. But I think Jaime's going to give him another chance." I looked at her, puzzled. "Jaime still has feelings for him. And I think the feelings are mutual."

"Whatever." I muttered. "They can do what they want. I don't necessarily believe once a cheater, always a cheater, but Vic's too prideful to love Jaime like he should. Jaime deserves better as of now. Vic isn't going to change any time soon, at least."

She cracked a smirk. "The way you're talking about Jaime makes me feel like I have some competition."

I chuckled, wiggling my eyebrows. "Maybe you do. Maybe my doors swing that way."

"No offense, but you and Jaime wouldn't make a cute couple. Maime doesn't really work for me." 

"And 'Malex' does?"

She looked thoughtful for a bit, then nodded. "Yeah; it's cute."

"You're cute." I grinned, making grabby hands at her until she settled back in my arms. 

"Smooth."

"I know." I snuggled close to her, kissing her forehead. "Now go to sleep, please? It's almost one in the morning." 

"Fine." Sighing contently, I closed my eyes and mumbled an I love you and drifted to sleep before I could catch her reply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who didn't proof read again me woo
Also, it's weird writing a romance about one of your best friend's in her boyfriend in the story's POV XD
Lul okay well I really like their characters and relationship so meh
Comments please? :1