Status: Still Up & Going

My Only One

I Know What's Best For Me

Vic's POV

I had to admit, being on the last week of our project deadline was rather sad. I'd quite enjoyed the time I'd spent with Jaime and I really didn't want it to end, so I sat in silence on the dreary Sunday afternoon, dreading the upcoming Friday we'd be handing in this project and research paper. I wasn't even sure if he'd stick around after it was done.

Jaime began to notice I wasn't really contributing to his writing of the paper much, and looked up with worried eyes. "Vic, what's wrong?"

I shrugged, deciding I'd let my pride get in the way of telling him I'd actually miss seeing him around. He opened his mouth to speak but thankfully Mike interrupted by trotting down the stairs, followed by a giggling Alex, who not to mention when she saw me frowned a bit. She'd been doing that a lot lately. I made a mental note to ask her what was up with that later.

"Mike," I spoke up before he could head out the door. He nodded as if telling me to finish. "Where are you guys going?"

"On a date." Answering non-chalantly, he grabbed Alex's hand.

"Have fun!" Jaime smiled, and Mike ignored him, heading for the door. I rose an eyebrow as Alex sent an apologetic look to Jaime, frowned at me again, and shut the door behind him. I turned back around to eye Jaime and was greeted with him returning the unsure look. "What's up with that?"

I scratched the back of my neck, offering a shrug. "Alex has been ignoring me for weeks now." 

"The same." Jaime agreed. "But with Mike."

"I'll ask them later. Mike's been acting normal around me, but Alex will hardly look at me. We used to talk every day."

"Alex is normal around me, though. It's just Mike. He won't even fucking acknowledge my existence." 

I nodded, raising an eyebrow. "I'll ask later. Let's just focus on the project."

-

Jaime's POV

"Hey, Jaime?" Vic spoke up after another two hours of working. He'd been researching and telling me facts for the paper, and I'd been writing.

"Yeah?" I answered, my eyes still glued to the work below me, but I could practically hear his smirk.

"Did you know that when penguins find their mate, they stay together for the rest of their lives?"

"Hmm," I responded blankly, not getting the point of this. "Interesting, I suppose?"

"Yeah, and it's with their first mate."

"Much different than humans, eh?"

"Not really." I looked up to see him grinning. "I mean, some humans are like penguins."

"What are you even talking about?"

"You know who my first mate was?" He smirked. Oh god, of course. Should've known.

"Fuck off, Fuentes. You're not smooth." I chuckled, jotting his fact down. It was quite interesting.

He feigned hurt and sighed, pointing to his heart. "That hurt, Jaime. Right here."

"Oh did it?"

"Yeah, and it also hurt right here." He pouted his lips, pointing to them as I sent him a confused look. "Kiss it better?"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. His arrogance was suffocating. "No thanks, Vic; you aren't that good of a kisser."

"Don't get vicious." I stood up, sighing, and he stood too, standing in front of me. "And don't lie. I'm a brilliant kisser."

"Oh please. Bite me."

I yelped as his teeth latched onto my shoulder, swatting at him wildly as he began laughing. "Fuck! Ow! Goddammit, I didn't mean literally, you ass."

Still laughing, he shrugged, sitting back onto the couch. "You asked for it. Literally."

I dismissed his words though, too tired to answer as I plopped back down in my chair to write some more down. His lips twisted into a frown as he shut his laptop. "Himey!" He whined, setting it on the table and leaning back in the chair. "I'm bored. Let's watch a movie instead."

"Vic, it's nearly ten and I have to go soon."

"In two hours. That's enough time to watch a movie."

I sighed. He was right.

"Fine. Put in Toy Story."

"You're kidding."

"Nope." I smirked, planting myself down on the couch as he exhaled dramatically. Groaning as he found the DVD, he put it in, settling in beside me.

"Do I have to cuddle with you like old times?" He retorted, sending a grin my way, but there was a sort of innocence to his expression. Regret, maybe.

And although his words came off witty, he sounded guilty. A brokenness tinted his words, an upset tone dripping off his lips.

"No, you don't." I laughed awkwardly, scooting a bit a way as he joined in, it coming off forced.

"Lucky me, then, eh?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to add more but it's my birthday so I haven't had a lot of time to write
Hope you guys understand.
Comments, maybe? It'll make my birthday better :3
Guess who's great? You guys and Jenna McDougall.