Status: A story for my grade 8 year I'm rewriting and adding to :)

Time Only Tells

What we call "The Training Ground"

School. A 6 six letter word that describes what Trevor and I call the training ground.

This is the place where you’re supposed to be learning to “brighten your future”. We call it the training ground though because it’s where you learn skills like picking locks to doors when the teachers are no where around capable of being coherent enough to detect us. Learning this skill gets us to our safe place; the roof. Where you learn how to sweet talk people into doing what you want them to do and getting them to leave you alone without so much as lifting a finger. Where you learn that being smarter than everyone else or being “different” from the mainstream jocks, populars, or geeks can be a good thing; you can be less involved with the idiots of the scene and gain some sort of sanity other than who’s quarterback broke the arm of another teams player or what fabulously fabulous color you should paint your nails next. We see this as part of our training and information we might need for “the real world” the oh so scary place that our oh so helpful teachers are helping “prepare us for. If you ask me you learn more important things from observing the behaviors of your peers. You learn more useful information at least. I imagine knowing how to start a conversation with someone without making a fool out of yourself is more important in the real world than knowing how to split a mixed radical into its original factors, yea that sounds so handy doesn’t it? But what should I know about the real world I’m just a naïve little grade 10 student, or at least that’s what the teachers call me.