Status: A story for my grade 8 year I'm rewriting and adding to :)

Time Only Tells

The Hospital

As I ran to the hospital, dodging people as I ran, bumping into random people, almost tripping several times and having to stop ever so often as the nausea from the school had got to me. The cement pavement tears at the bottoms of my flats making my feet puond in pain. As I arrive to the hospital doors I'm panting like a dog that's been out in the sun too long. I see nurses and patients starting to stare at me as I catch my breath. Smashing through the doors the commotion I make is hard to go unnoticed as in sure the smell from the building is contaminating the lovely antiseptic, clean smell of the boring white walls. As I enclose in view of the front desk I'm greeted by a tall woman with neatly bobbed blonde hair and a very confused face.. probably doesnt get too many sixteen year olds coming in panting and covered in soot and blood too often.

"May I help you?" she asks, her perky tone pisses me off a little bit.

"There are several people severely injured, at St. Evans Junior High. If theres not help sent all of them will die!" I squeeze out of my already dry, burning throat.

"Miss you're bleeding. Please, take a seat and let me have someone check that for you."

"I dont care if I'm bleeding! My bleeding is not life threatening! The people that you should be worried about are the ones that are near death at St Evans!"

"We will send crews as soon as they're available."

She picks up the phone and my head is spinning so fast that all she's saying is just jibber jabber to me and next thing I know the room is spinning and everything goes black.