Status: A story for my grade 8 year I'm rewriting and adding to :)

Time Only Tells

Trevor's Mess

Knowing your school inside is a good thing. Even if its torn to shreds or singed to dust you can still vaguely remember your left from right and navigate. I bolt first to my grade nine classroom. The last one I'm to check until I can leave the gruesome nightmare of blood and everything from 3rd to 6th degree burn. I'm lucky I have a strong stomach because the smell in here has gone from sickening and disgusting to deathly and horrid. The classroom looks the same as all the others; singed but this is the top floor, I've gotten a hang of where to step after falling through the ceiling or floor if you prefer, a couple times. the main boards of the floor; nice and thick. I'm quick not to leave my weight in one place too long as the skeletal remains of the building do not promise good things.

I hear no sounds, no signs of hope in the room. The lowly clock on the wall still somehow ticking, tick, tick, tick. The sound for some reason reminds me of when the doctors call out a patients time of death. Every tick, one dead, two dead, three dead, and so on. Their last breaths must've been unimaginably painful. Slow deaths for most as the skin slowly burned off their skin and muscles, organs and veins. I hear the cracking of wood and realise that I've been standing in the same spot too long and jump on top of a half melted metal desk. Looking around at the eerie sight, the seat he used to sit in; the back left corner. The peaceful beige walls that used to make me fall sleep now black and red. I see a particularly odd sight. A student, guy specifically, sitting in his desk, eyes wide open, hands clenched to his desk, sitting properly. From what I can see he's still alive. I hop off the desk back onto a support board and dart to him. As I get closer I feel as if I've been punch hard in the stomach. Something is not right. As I get close I see no movement, so I come closer and I see his arms arm locked and strained keeping his body upright, I don't think he's noticed that I'm right in front of as his bloodshot eyes make no contact with mine. I realise his breathing is very very slow almost non-existent and start to wonder hows he looks almost untouched by the fire. I reach out to grab his hand from the desk. As my hand touches his arm I still see no movement in him. I pull his hand from the desk and I see his right eye starting to twitch. His hand comes unclasped from the desk. His head jerks towards me and his eyes are now locked on mine. I hear a crack and his head starts to twitch, his eyes are still locked on mine as they slowly roll the the back of his head. the movement in his chest is gone and his once strong tensioned arm are as limp as overcooked spaghetti. I let go of it and he falls through the floor boards to the level below. Looking down at him I see quite well that its very the opposite of what I thought earlier. His lover half; from the hips down, is burned down to the bone. How much pain was that boy in? How was he even alive when I came to get him? All these questions swarm in my head as I fall through the floor one more time and join him. His eyes are still open yet all you can see is red and white. I hover my hands over them and close his eyes. After his suffering he deserves the peace.

I'm dizzy upon standing as I half limp half run to the outside. I Look at my work. Twenty nine people out of three hundred forty laying on the soft ground. I've done my best to stop their bleeding but there is nothing I can do for any possible internal bleeding. I comfort them in any way possible, making sure they were all breathing and as comfortable as possible. As I hear the ambulance draw near I know Tor has done her job. My legs give out as I collapse to the ground, body trembling I give away to unconsciousness and become a part of the twenty nine.