Once Upon A Time

Destruction

Jefferson let's out a roar of fury as he stalks down the barren street. The world before this, the realm filled with Magic may not have been the best place to live. But this... this realm is simply filled with destruction and chaos. After yet another trick by the Evil Queen, Jefferson feels more than angry. He feels mad. He feels insane with fury and rage.

He knocks over the dining room table. It was mahogany. Expensive. All he feels is a sense of freedom and excitement from destroying something. He whirls around and grabs at the gold driver that always sits by the front door. Just in case.

He whirls around with it, held high and swings it at the window nearest to the front door. The shattering fills him with a sense of release. With a maniacal laughter he turns, continuously smashing everything within sigh.

Mad Hatter.

He truly feels mad now, crazed beyond belief. He's always been a little upside down, now in this world he's deemed insane. If insane's what they want - insane's what they'll get.

He destroys everything. Every crapping belonging that he doesn't care about. That he couldn't care less about. All destroyed.

He stands there, chest heaving as he struggles for breath, his hands slightly slick with sweat.

"Jefferson?" The voice is shocked and anxious.

He turns to face a woman he partially loathes. Emma. Emma who was supposed to fix the hat. Emma who failed. Emma who's supposed to be magically.

He stalks across to her, furious still, heat bubbling, simmering beneath his skin. She looks surprised but doesn't fight him when he slams her into the opened door.

"You. If you had just fixed that damn hat. Made it work." He snarls.

"Jefferson..." She breathes, eyes wide.

"Why couldn't you just do it!? It's not that hard for god's sake!" He barks, feeling something inside him fracture and break.

"I'm sorry Jefferson." She says softly, brow furrowed. "I'm sorry I couldn't do it."

That's when it ends for Jefferson. He drops to his knees, the madness taking over him as he wraps his arms around her waist, pressing his face into the warmth of her stomach.

All Emma can do is thread her fingers through his hair, stroking it in a comforting manner as best she can in an attempt to calm him down. As he sobs, she holds him and he realise's he needs her more than ever.