Patience and Time

Someday

Once there was a couple who cherished each other like eternity. They lived happily in the City of Virtues. Furthermore, the both of them grew up as acquiantances who liked each other’s company beyond friendship values. These were, Patience, and Time.

Behind the facts that these two were undimished souls of love and purity, their hearts were bonded since they first cried on earth. As if, fate, favors the side of Patience and Time.

“I have to go, I have to go Patience. The clocks of fortune had been turned upside down. Someday, someday, we’ll embrace our backs again, sing our love songs and touch one another’s hands. I will miss you Patience, I will miss you.” Time said as her tear dropped, reflecting the radiant shine of the setting sun.

Patience contrasted in desperate pleas. He cried and bowed his knees in grave oppression. The oppression so painful and heartbreaking. It tore down his heart as his tears kissed the dusty old road of the city.

Time, on the other hand doesn’t have anything to say. The moment she opens her pinkish lips, all air just comes out. Her hands shakes, desperate to contrast yet the winds of fate pushes her to the brink of freedom. She was oppressed, powerless and convicted.

As the longest hand of the clock stroke at 12 and the shortest one went to number of 5, Time took of her hands so smooth like a princess. She dragged her suitcase as the dust flew of the the air. The polluted atmosphere killed the glitters, sprinkled by the pixies. Patience could no longer run, paralysis took over his loveless body. He watched Time pass by the scarlet horizon as the thorns of pain scratched his heart of misery and tragedy.

Patience crawled as the stars peeked by the gloomy sky. He tried to strive to the waiting shed that portrays the darkness as the vines embraces the fate forsaken structure. He sat and looked up the sky. He murmured, “someday, someday”.

He waited as the pages of the calendars were torn apart. Days, weeks or even months! He waited and waited to the extend of his ability. He kept his head leaned by the mossy foundations of the waiting shed.

“Patience, eat. Please I beg you. Just eat. Time doesn’t want you to live a life of misery and desperation! Look at you! You’re worse than a woman covered in black veil, grieving for no intended reasons!” Faith, Patience’s companion since they were toddlers, offered him leaven bread, smothered with strawberry syrup and sprinkled with rainbow crispies.

“NO! I have a reason and neither you, could stop me from crying and waiting here! I know what I am doing and you don’t have any rights of proving yourself to me! Understood?!” Patience yelled as he smashed the food to the ground. He left, leaving Faith, alone by the place, speechless and shocked.

As the dates flew and celebrated birthdays, he’s still there, waiting. Patience satisfied himself with some brown and squishy apples by the big tree, accompanying the shed. He suffered of hunger and longing. He was all alone with the rusty water pump. Henceforth, returning never lingered in his mind. He sat and watched the rain and snow enveloped the streets.

“Face it Patience! You… will never see her again! Ever! Look at you, wasting your life for such nonsense things! You’ve been here for a year but did se show up?! No! Stand up and live your life! There’s more to life than…” Daunt, Patience’s brother, scolds him yet at the time he was about to touch his brother, Patience reacted unexpectedly.

“Yes she will! She will show up. To tell you the truth, she was my life and I’m sure she’ll come back because she knows, she knows that I’m here waiting. Waiting for her love.”

“If that’s what you believe in, then better start of elementary! You’re insolent, illogical and an idiot! Think again Patience. Think again.” Daunt left, furious to his brother who sat still under the shed with unwavering faith and loyalty.

Patience waited for infinite time yet the rightful hour has come. The minute that gave him time to meditate visited him and let him realized that every second he wastes was illogical. Patience left the shed where the daffodils bloom in radiance. The spring air lingered his nose as if it’s time to be free from the conviction of love. He left but as he walks, an amethyst ring fell. It has a name written, Time.

As his tracks were still fresh and visible, a familiar figure was born from the horizon. It carried a suitcase as her braided hair sprung to spring air. She ran as quickly as she can, chasing every second of the moment. The lady reached the place Patience and Time parted and fell on her knees. She cried “I’m here Patience. I’m here…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tune in for the next chapter! Arigaton-gozaimasu!