Status: In Progress

Princess of China

The Battle for Middle Earth

What had I just done? I stared up into Legolas' eyes, an unreadable expression on his face. His hand slowly trailed up my arm to my neck. My heart was pounding, but his was too. I could feeling it against my hand. He dipped his head, kissing me again.

"You do not know how long I've wanted to do that." He whispered.

He kissed my forehead before wrapping his arm around my shoulders and leading me across the field to where Gimli sat on to of an Uruk-hai smoking a pipe.

"Final count," Legolas said, inspecting his bow. "Forty two."

"Forty two? That's not bad for a pointy-eared Elvish princeling." Princeling? Since when had Legolas become a princeling? "I myself am sitting pretty on 43."

Legolas drew and arrow and shot the Uruk-hai right in between Gimli's legs faster than I could compute.

"Forty-three."

"He was already dead." Gimli said.

"He was twitching."

"He was twitching because he's got my axe imbedded in his nervous system." Every time Gimli moved his axe, the Uruk-hai twitched.

I burst out laughing before getting really dizzy. I grabbed on to Legolas' arm to steady myself. His brow furrowed and he moved some of my hair from the side of my head. He wrapped his arm around my waist and led me up to the keep to find Aragorn.

"I lived." I smiled at Aragorn.

He looked at my head before leading me away without saying anything.

He cleaned the cut, rubbing something on it, which burned like hell, to make sure it wouldn't get infected. Gandalf walked up to us.

"You truly are a brave young woman." He said, nodding to me.

"Brave and stupid." I smiled.

"And so much like your father." He murmured, thinking I wouldn't hear. "Get ready. We are riding to Isengard."

I got my own horse again as Théoden, his nephew Eomer, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and I rode away from Helm's Deep to Isengard. At least I didn't have to stay behind and move everyone back to Edoras. I rode in between Aragorn and Legolas.

We stopped on a hill, black hills and black clouds in the distance. Mordor. Just the thought sent shivers down my spine.

"Sauron's wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift. The battle for Helm's Deep is over. The battle for Middle Earth is about to begin. All our hope now leis with two little Hobbits somewhere in the wilderness."