Status: In Progress

Princess of China

Return to Edoras

The entire city had gathered in the hall for a ceremony and celebration. We all stood with our drinks to honor the fallen.

"Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead."

We all shouted "Hail!" then the drinking started.

Gimli had talked Legolas into drinking with him, which from what I could tell already, could end badly. I had only had one glass of ale, being a horrible drinker and the fact I couldn't afford a hangover now, especially without aspirin.

"No, pauses," Eomer was explaining the rules. "No spills."

"And no regurgitation." An already drunk Gimli said.

"So it's a drinking game?" Legolas asked.

There were a lot of "ayes" from the crowd.

"Last one standing wins." Gimli said.

Gimli started chugging his drink while Legolas took his time, rather unsure.

It had been maybe 5 minutes now. Gimli was about 20 glasses deep and diving in head first and Legolas was taking them down like shots now. Gimli was extremely drunk and talking about little, hairy women.

"I feel something." Legolas said, looking at his fingers. "A slight tingle in my fingers." God is he adorable or what? "I think it's affecting me."

Gimli, covered in ale leaned against the table. "What did I say? He can't hold is liquor." He went cross-eyed then fell over backwards.

"Game over." Legolas said.

I walked over to him and grabbed his arm, pulling him outside.

"I needed some fresh air." I sat on the ground, leaning against the building, Legolas following suit. "Are tingly fingers all you feel after drinking all that liquor?" I turned slightly towards him.

"Yes."

I reached up, running my fingers along the smooth skin of his cheek, to the top of his pointy ear and along his silky hair. He leaned into my touch, his hand covering mine on his face. I leaned forward, kissing him on the cheek before leaning back against the wall, closing my eyes, letting the cool breeze blow over my skin.