Status: In Progress

Princess of China

Lothlorien

We were moving slower than usual, and for that I was thankful. It made it easier for me to hide the fact I was injured.

It only took us a day to get to where we were going. It was still light outside when we reached the woods, and for once I was glad to be back under the cover of the trees.

The forest was unlike any I had ever seen. Everything seemed to glow with an enchanting light, making me uneasy. I got the strange feeling I was being watched…

"Stick close young hobbits." Gimli said. "They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. And elf witch for terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell and are never seen again."

"Aria." A voice whispered. I looked around, expecting a pair of eyes to be staring back at me. "Aria." The voice echoed again.

"Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox."

We were suddenly surrounded by elves pointing arrows at us. I raised my hands in a surrender motion, even the one covered in blood.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." A smooth voice said. A tall blonde elf dressed in blue stepped close to Aragorn.

We were led by the elves through the forest. I stumbled a little, feeling very weak and Boromir caught my arm. Unfortunately it was the one which was covered in blood, and he noticed.

"You are hurt." He said quietly.

"Shh. I don't want to be a bother."

He nodded and we walked on in silence.

We were led up a tree on to what looked like a platform. It was dark by the time we got there. The leader of the elves, the tall blonde one, was speaking to Legolas and Aragorn in a strange language.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of the elves. Speak words we can all understand." Gimli said, sounding a little agitated.

"We have not had dealings with the dwarves since the Dark Days." The leader said to him.

"And you know what this Dwarf says to that?"

He said something in a different language and the lead elf looked a little shocked.

Aragorn turned to Gimli. "That was not so courteous."

There was a sharp pain in my side and I bent over a little and sucked in a breath.

"You bring great evil with you." The lead elf said to Frodo. "You can go no further." Everyone looked at Frodo.

Aragorn argued with the lead elf for quite some time. The sharp pain in my side got worse and I felt hot all over. I looked at my hand and even in the pale light I could see that my side was bleeding heavy.

We all sat down to rest our aching feet. I leaned against Boromir's chest to try and ease some of the pain in my side. Aragorn continued to try and reason with the lead elf while the fellowship rested.

"Gandalf's death was not in vain." Boromir said to Frodo who was next to us. I closed my eyes and figured I would try and sleep while I could. "Nor would he have you give up hope. You carry a heavy burden, Frodo. Don't carry the weight of the dead." I felt eyes on me, so I cracked my eyes open to see Legolas giving Boromir a hateful, almost jealous look.

"You will follow me." I heard the elf say.

Boromir helped me up and we walked back down to the forest floor and followed the elves once more. We walked into the morning, and the sun was rising by the time we got to an opening in the trees, overlooking the forest below.

"Caras Galadhon." The lead elf said, stopping finally. I looked out and saw a group of trees on a hill overlooking the rest of the forest. "The heart of Elvendom on earth. Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of light."

We continued down the hill and into the trees once more. I wasn't sure how much longer I could be able to continue on.

We made it to the grouping of trees, which stood hundreds of feet above the ground, making me feel like an ant. It was no wonder elves were in suck great shape from climbing stuff like this.

It was darkening by the time we got where we were going. Everything glowed with a blue light here, making everything feel like a dream. We stood on a platform in the trees, facing a flight of stairs, watching as two of the most beautiful people I'd ever seen descend them. Everything seemed to grow brighter with them.

"The enemy knows you have entered here." The male elf spoke. "What hope you had in secrecy is gone. Nine there are here, yet ten there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from afar."

"Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into shadow." The woman spoke quietly.

"He was taken by both shadow and flame." Legolas spoke. "A balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria."

"Needless were no one of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do know yet know his full purpose." To woman spoke. She turned to Gimli. "Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dum fill your heart, Gimli son of Gloin. For the world has grown full of peril and in all lands love is now mingled with grief."

"What now becomes of this fellowship? Without Gandalf, hope is lost." The man spoke again.

"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the company is true. Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil."

Her eyes landed on me and she stared at me for a moment.

'Welcome, Aria, daughter of Lilith, granddaughter of Sauron.'