Status: In Progress

Princess of China

Lothlorien

Granddaughter of what…who….There were so many questions I had to ask, but at that time we were ushered off by elves. I was taken away to what I figured was the healers. I was laid on a bed and immediately an elf went to work on me. She poured liquid over my cut making it burn. I clenched my fists and bit my lip to try and hide my pain. She then rubbed some ointment on it, making the burning stop.

I sat up on my elbows and looked down at my side. There was nothing but a thin white line where the cut had been.

"Here are some clothes." She said, handing me a bundle. "Follow the path and you will find your companions."

"Thank you." I said. She bowed before leaving.

I bathed then changed into the silver dress. It felt good being clean again.

I followed the pathway and met Legolas.

"My lady." He bowed slightly. He had changed into a silver shirt which made him glow in the light. "Would you accompany me on a walk?"

"Sure." He held his arm out and I slipped mine through his.

We walked in silence, and I enjoyed the comfort I got from his presence. He stopped in front of a pool and turned to face me, taking my hands in his.

"You are beautiful, Aria." He let go of one of my hands and cupped my cheek. "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on."

He cupped my chin and tilted my head up. Our lips were centimeters apart when we were interrupted. Legolas left with the elf and I stayed where I was, looking into the water of the pool.

Someone cleared their throat behind me. I spun around and saw Boromir.

"You should rest, Aria."

"I will eventually." I sighed and turned back to the pool, staring out across the water.

Boromir stepped up beside me and I turned to look at him. My whole mind seemed to go blank when I looked into his blue eyes.

"Once this journey is over, I will take you back to Gondor." He gently cupped my cheek. "You would be greatly celebrated." He leaned his forehead against mine. "The beautiful wife of a captain." His lips were centimeters from mine now. "Untouchable by any man but myself." Finally his lips pressed against mine.

I could say sparks flew, but that's not really what happened. It was more like warmth spreading all through my body, clear from my head to my toes. It was short and sweet, but still amazing. Boromir leaned his head against mine as we both caught our breath.

"Come." He said, pulling away from me and holding out his hand. I took it and he led us back to where we were sleeping. "Lay with me." He whispered.

He lay down on his 'bed' and I curled up to his side, resting my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating.

"Goodnight Aria." He whispered.

"Goodnight Boromir." I whispered back before falling asleep.

*Dream*

The room was black. I could see nothing, not even my own hand in front of my face. Then came an icy feeling, as if all of the happiness had been removed from inside me.

"You are alone, Aria, daughter of Lilith." A raspy voice said from the blackness. "Your mother abandoned you. Your grandmother ran away from her fate, which only brought you here, to me."

A hand covered in a metal glove wrapped around my neck, lifting me off the ground.

"Look into my eyes and see where your fate lies if the ring bearer should fail."

I stared straight ahead of me and suddenly images filled my mind. Images of me dressed in all black with a black crown on my head, sitting next to a throne with a man with the ring on his finger.

"What does it mean?" I choked out.

"It means you will die if the ring bearer completes his task. But you will live if he fails. You will be a queen, ruling next to your grandfather. You have the blood of kings running through your veins; you are blessed with long life…."

The dream started to fade and he whispered a word I couldn't catch, but it started with a D.

When I opened my eyes I was greeted with sunlight. Boromir was finishing packing beside me. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

I grabbed my bag and found a private place to change out of a dress and back into pants.

The Fellowship all gathered to get ready on boats to travel down river. We all stood in a line as 9 elves came forward and put green cloaks around our shoulders.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." Celeborn said.

We loaded the boats and set out from Lothlorien. I was in a boat with Legolas and Gimli. I was tracing the design on the hilt of the knife Galadriel gave to me. It was very light for the size of the knife, and she told me it had once belonged to my mother.

"I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest." Gimli said from where he sat in front of me. "Henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me."

"What was her gift?" Legolas asked.

"I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three."

I couldn't help but smile.

We traveled day and night down the river, passing many trees. It was eerily quiet except the river until a squawk of a bird could be heard. I felt Legolas shift behind me. I wasn't thinking much about anything at that point or I would have figured out something was following us.