Status: In Progress

Princess of China

The Breaking of the Fellowship

We set up camp on a bank not far from a waterfall. Sam got a fire going and we set up our beds to rest.

"We cross the lake at nightfall." Aragorn said. "Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the north."

"Oh yes? Just as simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil, an impassible labyrinth of razor-sharp rocks. And after that, it gets even better. Festering, stinking marshland as far as the eye can see." Gimli said.

'Oh joy.' I said to myself.

"That is our road. I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf."

"Recover my-" he grunted. "Recover strength?" Merry came back from gathering firewood. "Pay no heed to that, young Hobbit."

"Where's Frodo?" Merry asked. I looked around and didn't see him anywhere.

We all went our ways into the forest looking for Frodo and Boromir. I stayed by Merry and Pippin.

Soon we heard unmistakable sound of swords clashing together.

"Hide!" I said to Merry and Pippin. They climbed into a fallen tree, keeping themselves hidden. I drew my sword and ran up the hill towards the sounds.

I met some of the ugliest creatures I'd ever seen running my way. They were larger and stronger than orcs and when my blade connected with one of theirs, it sent a shockwave through my arms so strong, I thought my sword would go flying out of my hands.

I faintly heard Merry and Pippin shouting and some of the creatures turned and ran that direction. I was being boxed in by the creatures. One made a grab for me, but I cut off his hands.

"Oh gross." I said quietly.

A horn blast echoed through the air, and caught the attention of some of the creatures ran in the direction of the horn. Unfortunately for me, while I was distracted, one of the creatures came up behind me and wrapped his arm around my throat.

"Squeal and I'll gut you like a pig." He growled.

I took my sword and stabbed it into his foot, making him squeal and let go of me. I stabbed my sword into his throat.

"Not if you squeal first." I said to him, even though he was already dead.

I looked up and saw a whole bunch of the creatures coming up over the hill. Fight or flight? My brain chose flight and I began running in the direction I heard the horn.

I was soon catching up to the creatures running the direction I was.

"Get the girl!" One behind me shouted.

A realization struck me. They weren't here to kill me. They were here to kidnap me. It only made me run faster.

I took two out in front of me easily from behind, but the sight of Boromir with arrows sticking out of his chest made me stop dead in my tracks.

I was grabbed around the waist and lifted into the air by one of the creatures.

"No!" I screamed and struggled as much as possible.

I took my sword and stabbed it behind me, killing the creature. I hit the ground hard on my stomach, my sword flying out of my hand. I began to crawl towards it, only to have a large hand wrap around my ankle and pull me backwards. I screamed and tried to grab on to anything that would keep me away from the creature.

There was sudden pain in the back of my head and I blacked out.