Backdrop Silhouette

Enemies of The Last Five Years

Sweat dripped off of Falling In Reverse's front-man, Ronnie Radke. "Thank you Utah! You guys are fucking amazing!" The man hoarsely shouted out to the screaming crowd. They were begging for an encore, one that practically had already been given. Their set had definitely exceeded the time limit, which would piss off the next band that would perform, making their set that much shorter.

Perfect.

Of course the next band in the main stage lineup was Escape the Fate, it was the best way to fuck with Craig Mabbit. He'd never forgive the bastard for what he did. Or so he would continue to claim. The truth was he was beginning to care less and less about the grudge. The anger had simmered down to a low flame since the start of the tour. It couldn't be helped, watching Craig prance around like the adorable idiot he was made Ronnie remember the single part of his past that he didn't regret. The time he spent with Craig. Those wonderful days when they had off, they used to spend the entire day in bed talking, drinking, and doing...other things. It had been blissful to Ronnie, and he would never deny the fact that he had fallen for the other singer. Who knows where they would be today if everything had stayed the same? Well, drugs not included anyway.

Ronnie exited the stage wearing a thoughtful, and very down expression. Jacky watched his bandmate go, he'd noticed a change in the male. Ronnie had grown reclusive, only exiting the bus when it was time for a show, and when they stopped. And lord help anyone who was around him when Craig was around. It wasn't his usual anger though, it was like Ronnie got flustered. Which seemed to scare the singer, and he'd get angry. Jacky knew enough about Ronnie to know that something was up, obviously something that involved the other's former best friend/lover. Staring after the him, he ran his fingers through sweaty hair, resolving to find out after a much needed shower.

----

It was a week later, and they were on the road again. Well sort of. Currently the buses were all taking up space in an old parking lot. Talk of a party had spread like wildfire, no one was quite sure whose idea it was, but it was happening. There was all kinds of alcohol and other substances going around, but Ronnie wasn't interested. He had other things on his mind. It had clicked a couple of days when he had stuck around after their show and he watched Craig on stage. The way he moved...the passion in his voice, and the general goofiness he always managed to incorporate into the show. Ronnie was in love. He had always been, betrayal had won out though, splitting them apart.

The singer decided to walk around the lot, keeping close to the buses to avoid people, he really just wanted time to think. He wasn't even paying attention to where he was walking at this point, eyes were cast skyward, half replying to anyone who called his name. This wasn't his thing anymore. 'Is there anyway to fix this...?' Was the main question floating around Ronnie's mind, a frown slid across his lips. Maybe if he tried to strike up conversation..? He'd tried extending a hand before though, and Craig basically slapped it away. He truly must hate Ronnie. The thought pained him, and being currently oblivious to everything, he didn't even notice the man in front of him until they collided and fell to the ground.

"The fuck are you doing?! Watch where you're going dumbass!" The initial irritation Ronnie felt faded when he heard that familiar voice. It seemed the other figured it out too and stiffened underneath him. Ronnie untangled his limbs from Craig's and moved to a kneeling position, still hovering over the other man. Craig sat up, propping himself up on his hands, the expression on his face was the perfect picture of discomfort. For several minutes nothing was said, Craig's eyes were cast away from Ronnie's face, and Ronnie... Well Ronnie was frozen, his eyes wandering over the other's slim body. Craig's body was sometihng that hadn't really changed, not that Craig was the same lanky boy he'd known years ago. Muscle now sat on the thin frame, baby fat completely gone. Ronnie's eyes trailed down, and then back up to the other's face. Drinking in familiar features, and feeling a weird kind of warmth begin to form in his chest. Craig flicked his eyes back to Ronnie's, "You gonna move or what?" He mumbled, eyes quickly looking away, his voice snapping the other back to reality.

"I'm sorry." Ronnie's voice was soft, almost lost in the noise around him. The apology was for so much more than simply knocking the other down. Craig froze, his eyes locked onto the dark ones before him. He knew the meaning behind the words, knew what the other was trying to do. Memories surfaced in flashes, both good and bad. He remember the sweet sweet nights together, kissing and exploring. He also remembered Ronnie yelling at him and swearing after stumbling on the bus, high and pissed for no reason. Angry words, and physical violence had plagued their relationship. Despite the negative memories though, he couldn't bring himself to move when Ronnie slowly leaned in. He knew the other was giving him time to pull away, time to reject Ronnie and push him out of his life forever. Craig instead surged forward to connect their lips.

Sparks practically fizzled in the air around them. It was so familiar, something they'd both dreamed about, both missed. They made each other whole. One kiss turned to several, each one better than the last. Ronnie loved the way Craig's lips felt against his own, the way he'd pant in between the longer kisses, chest heaving, his cheeks flushed. Craig on the other hand was drowning in feelings and sensations. Ronnie's hand cupping his face, thumb stroking his cheek, lips meshing with his own, his taste, and god his scent. The cologne and general smell that was just...Ronnie. It left his head spinning, and heart pounding wildly. The frantic kissing slowed to just a few pecks, and eventually stopped, leaving Ronnie to rest his forehead against Craig's. Each just taking the other in. No words, just apologies being passed through eyes, no words were needed.

"God I've missed you." Craig said, a faint spray of pink spread across his face, but he held Ronnie's gaze with a shy smile on his face. Ronnie felt his lips pull into a grin, he didn't say anything though, just pulled him into a tight hug. There was still damage, wounds still lingering, they would have to talk. But for now, they were both content to just bask in the moment. The world around them meant nothing when they were apart, and now they might finally be able to be together.

This Warped Tour would be one they'd never forget. It was was like the beginning, only this time, both men knew to appreciate the other. The blissful mornings of waking up to gentle kisses, fingers stroking smooth skin, sweet nothings whispered into soft hair, and wonderfully tangled limbs. The quiet nights were split by raspy moans and promises of love, body's moving together perfectly. Sure there were some bad times, but they were outnumbered by the good, this was their chance to start over. And this time they were going to do things right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know much about Craig Mabbit, or what happened between them, so I hope this is alright.

I enjoyed writing it though.