Shallow Graves For Shallow Hearts

Chapter one

So it’s like this: It’s the first day of your senior year of high school.

It’s nothing special because really, what’s that special about the first day of school? You’re not looking forward to listening to all the underclassmen scream and giggle about summer or see all the girls trying to look slutty in a uniform. The only thing you’re actually looking forward was seeing your best friend Matt for the first time since summer started. He had been travelling a lot and you were busy with work so you didn’t get to see each other at all. It had bummed you out but shit happens and you were probably going to have a bunch of classes together anyway.

You slowly trudge around your room after straightening out your long dark hair and got dressed, trying to find the missing pieces of your uniform, mumbling about how uniforms were fucking useless and ugly.

Well, the uniform itself wasn’t ugly, it was actually pretty nice. The school colors were purple, silver and black so the plaid skirt didn’t look too bad until you put it on and the white dress shirt was made of some sort of expensive fabric and looked okay too but when it was on you it made you look flat chested and manly despite the fact of having C cups boobs and the only way to avoid not looking like a man was to get a size smaller but then your boobs hung out of it so it was a lose lose situation here. The striped purple and black tie was nice and so was the black blazer so it wasn’t all bad.

Except you couldn’t find either and you had to be at school in ten minutes.

You tore apart your room in a haste to find the remaining articles of your uniform. You finally found them lying under your bed, why they were there you didn’t know but it didn’t matter. You threw the tie around your neck not bothering to do it up right away as you picking up your keys and bag off the floor and ran down the stairs.

“You’re going to be late,” Your mom calls from the kitchen.

“That’s why I’m running,” You call back while slipping on a pair of worn black and purple converses.

“Have a good day.”

“Ew, I’m going to school, how am I supposed to have a good day?”

“At least say hi to Matt for me.” She yells as you close the door behind you. You take a second to admire your brand new 2011 Silver Porsche Carrera GT that was parked in the driveway before climbing into it and pulling out smoothly. Okay so maybe your parents are a little bit loaded and you’re daddy’s little princess but very few people know that and you’d like to keep it that way because when people know you’re loaded they assume you’re a stuck up snob or a bitch which you aren’t really unless you’re given a reason to be.

There’s an excited buzz in the atmosphere as you pull into the student parking lot. All the girls are whispering and giggling more than usually and some of the guys look pretty pissed off which can only mean one thing; there’s a new guy and you’re going to assume he’s extremely good looking by the reaction.

You sigh and roll your eyes. It’s not that you were against their being a new guy; you just didn’t see why people had to make such a big deal out of it.

You don’t bother to go looking for this mysterious new person; instead you pull out your phone and text Matt to see where he is, eager to exchange summer stories before class. His reply was instant, like always, telling you he was in the cafeteria.

As you made your way to the cafeteria the crowd of people got thicker and thicker until you were pushing your way through. Apparently the source of excitement was also in the cafeteria. You finally push your way to the front of the crowd, scanning the rest of the group for Matt. Finally you spot him standing in the very center and your jaw drops.

He’s the source of the commotion, is surrounded by a good ten people and looks drastically different from the last time you saw him. Before school ended he had longish, almost shoulder length black hair that hung in his face when it wasn’t covered by a beanie, concealing dark brown eyes. His lip had been pierced down the center and he had been shy, quiet and a little awkward, always hanging around the back of the crowds instead of being the center of attention. It’s one of the things you liked about him, liked as a friend of course, that he never got caught up in stupid high school drama and bullshit. He was more into music than fashion and all that other junk.

Now he has cut off all his hair so that it was short and spiked up with hair wax, showing off his high cheek bones and jaw line that was outlined by dark stubble. Another lip piercing on the left side joined his labret. His tie was loosened slightly in a way that was almost hot and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. He didn’t seem to be as shy or quiet anymore, but still looked slightly overwhelmed by the amount of people trying to get his attention.

You stood there in shock, not being able to compete with the others for his attention until the bell rang and the crowd slowly dispersed. Finally he turned his head and his chocolaty brown eyes met your grey ones and he broke into a smile immediately, leaving the four girls who were giggling and gushing to wrap his arms around you in a tight hug.

“I’ve missed you!” He says squeezing you against his body and it’s obvious he’s also been working out.

He lets you go and you squish his cheeks with your hands, pulling and pushing his head closer and further away from you, inspecting every inch of his face. “Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?”

He chuckles and wow you kinda missed his easy going laugh over the past few months. “It’s still me. Mom made me get a haircut.”

“And start working out?” You raise an eyebrow as you let go of his face and poke his stomach.

“Okay so maybe Zack talked me into lifting a few weights with him too.” He shrugs and you both start heading to the locker you’ve shared for the past three years.

“A warning would have been nice so I knew to wear my “Matt Flyzik is my best friend shirt” so I could get through the crowd.” You joke as you dial in the combination.

“Yeah that I was not expecting.” He admits looking shy again and there’s the Matt you knew.

“You could always buy a wig,” You suggest.

“Or use you as a human shield.” He laughs, grabbing a text book and a binder while you hang up your bag.

“I’m not getting mixed up with cheerleaders and bitchy girls, no thank you.”

“Not even for me?” He pouts and you shake your head laughing at how adorable he was. You grabbed your books from the shelf before closing the locker. “See ya in whatever classes we have together.” He says before kissing your cheek in a friendly manner and turning to walk down the hall, every female eye on him until he turns the corner and disappears from sight. The stares turn into glares as they all look at you with jealousy and anger.

You didn’t like this.

You didn’t like this one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so obviously I started a new story and it's another Flyzik one oops.
It's written the same way as the other one because I suddenly don't like first person point of view anymore. But it's not going to have "so it's like this" at the beginning and end of every chapter because I got sick of that.
So lemme know what you think of this chapter even though it's boring and I babble a lot C: